Top JG A Players currently?

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

BrdHock

Top JG A Players currently?

Post by BrdHock »

who are some players standing out early this season and who do you think will play top notch all season for their teams? <p></p><i></i>
elliott70

Re: Top JG A Players currently?

Post by elliott70 »

ttt <p></p><i></i>
EpHockey44

Post by EpHockey44 »

14 on Wayzata is solid <p></p><i></i>
GarciaWaters

Best Jr. A Player

Post by GarciaWaters »

Unfortunately the top two players come from Wayzata.<br>Number 11 and 14 dominate everytime they are on the ice. We tried having a guy shadow them but they are still too fast. They score a ton of goals as well. <p></p><i></i>
EPCOACH

Re: Best Jr. A Player

Post by EPCOACH »

#14 and 11 Wayzata, have not impressed me what so ever. They Loaf all over the ice, and only really play when they have the puck. Sorry i am just throwing out my observations over 2 games. plus they have not scored a goal against us, so i can't place them in the top 5. In order to be a top 5 player your presence must change the game is some way...<br><br><br>The best player is the goalie from Duluth. Hands down can change a game all by himself. That is what makes a good player, being able to control the game, and he does this quite well.<br><br>Does anybody know his name? The Goalie from duluth? <p></p><i></i>
elliott70

Re: Best Jr. A Player - Bemidji

Post by elliott70 »

Premo<br>Dickinson<br>Quinn <p></p><i></i>
jgold4life

Re: Best Jr. A Player - Bemidji

Post by jgold4life »

if were talkin about goalies changin the game on there own it would also have to be lalim of jefferson, who pretty much beat wbl by himself saving 31 of 32 shots <p></p><i></i>
ep07hockey

top players

Post by ep07hockey »

All i can say is that Eden Prairie has all around top players. Thier centers seem to be the strongest in the league. Winning just about every face off(Roufs,Dudley,Gill). Their D are so smart it aint funny. Their golies have more experience then any team i have seen. The wings are some of the fastest this league has sen in years.<br> <p></p><i></i>
coachptrk

Post by coachptrk »

Funny how one sided coach's can be. Wayzata's #11 and #14 have only played EP once and they had 8 and 5 shots respectively. They also had shots that just missed the net and two pipes. The EP goalie did a great job keeping these two scoring machines at bay. However, due to the lack quality defense in Eden Prairie, this lack of production would NOT continue.<br>For this observer, despite the shut out EP had against the #1 ranked Trojans, if these two teams meet again, the score would be very different. <br> <p></p><i></i>
EPCOACH

Post by EPCOACH »

To the poster above me,<br><br>I don't see your point. We won, 3-0 and if that is not enough credit, we beat you before that 2-1. I do not care what the circumstances are for the two mentioned wayzata players(11 &14) They have not impressed me with thier off the puck play. No doubt that those two can score, and are great skaters, but when they are ineffective against us i just havent seen thier best games yet. Remember Wayzata we play eachother at least once more time...We shall see. <br><br><br>I have the utmost respect for the Wayzata players and coaches, i am just giving my opnion. <p></p><i></i>
backhand44

Best

Post by backhand44 »

Who cares!!!THERE WANNABE PLAYERS ANYWAY. <p></p><i></i>
AmbassatorOfPain

Re: Best

Post by AmbassatorOfPain »

Hey backhand,<br>I guarentee that half the Junior Gold A players in the state could play at the varsity level. Most of them just choose not to play for dumb ass varsity coaches. And i don't blame them. <p></p><i></i>
hockeyJ

Post by hockeyJ »

Mike Mendel!!!!! <p></p><i></i>
3Nat Champs

Post by 3Nat Champs »

I agree with elliot70 on this one and if Premo has the skills of his brother he is the best in the state. <p></p><i></i>
chubbychecker

Post by chubbychecker »

scrutinize the metro hockey standings (goals for and against)and its plain to see that the ep team is very strong on defense. its clearly reflective of the two senior netminders as well! look at eagan and the goals scored. ep, if i recall, stopped them earlier by a score of 2-1. holding a team like that with their huge firepower to <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>one goal</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> is impressive. <p></p><i></i>
backhand44

Post by backhand44 »

Hey Ambassador thats because they can't drink smoke dope or worry about there grades. Is that why us High School coaches are dumb asses. Your a fool if you really believe what you said, or better yet a bitter Junior Gold player who got cut. Lets let people guess witch one you are. <p></p><i></i>
Eagleshockey09

Post by Eagleshockey09 »

Backhand...You think varsity players dont smoke and drink?? HAHAHA that is the funniest thing i have ever heard then...Im not going to say that Jr. Gold is better than varsity but i will say its a whole lot better than JV and a lot of the kids are good players and many could play varsity but dont want to...And if you are a coach of a Varsity team like you made it sound like in your last post i bet you have a really classy team you come in here to make fun of the kids that play jr. gold...but thats fine with me i guess whatever helps you sleep at night <p></p><i></i>
EPFan

Dumb HS Coaches

Post by EPFan »

Good call Eagles09. In EP the HS Coach closes his eyes to drinking & smoking "Boys will be boys". I do not know much about this years Jr. Gold Coaches, but in the past the EP Jr. Gold coaches (Langehaug, Klinck, Cass) took a hard line and had zero tolerance. If the clown above is a HS coach it is probably from some classless podunk town that would get run over by the best Jr. Gold teams like EP & Wayzata. <p></p><i></i>
AmbassatorOfPain

Re: Dumb HS Coaches

Post by AmbassatorOfPain »

EPFan.... I think thats the same situation at alot of the suburb area schools i.e. EP, Way. Tonka, Hopkins<br>The high school coaches need to worry more about the well being of their players and not about their record. <p></p><i></i>
elliott70

Backhand

Post by elliott70 »

You ARE NOT a HS coach.<br><br>No coach would waste what little extra time he/she has to come on to this site and be a jacka**.<br><br>Quality HS coaches realize the good that jr gold does for youth hockey assn and therefore are a direct benefit to HS programs.<br><br>Please clean up your act or take it on the road. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... liott70</A> at: 1/16/06 5:22 pm<br></i>
GNHogger

Re: Dumb HS Coaches

Post by GNHogger »

cass is the only A coach leftover from last years team. yes, he and his staff (clark, griffin, faferhaug (sp)) run a tight ship. 0 tolerance prevails.<br><br>elliot, as usual, your right on the money with this one. god bless the beavers, eh! <p></p><i></i>
elliott70

Beavers

Post by elliott70 »

Yes, and may the puck bounce for them. <p></p><i></i>
topright1577

Re: best jg a player

Post by topright1577 »

the best all around player at the jr gold a level is a young kid from roseville #15. he is a 91 birthyear and he is the leading scorer on the team. he can do it all defense and offense. all #14 and 11 may b good but they r both seniors and this kid is only a freshmen. many more years of high school hockey r waiting for him. does anyone disagree with this #15 or have any of u guys watched him play? <p></p><i></i>
jgold4life

Post by jgold4life »

idk if he is all that amazing but i guess hes only a freshmen, and there team is some what struggling but he didnt seem to stand out much. <p></p><i></i>
MNhockey1022

Good Kids

Post by MNhockey1022 »

#8 from Eagan is oviously good... i heard he was one of the last cut from Holy Angels varsity squad (not sure)... also #10 from Hastings is a great player who is very fun to watch <p></p><i></i>