Does anybody use any video analysis software

Please post all discussion of these items to this forum.

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

sportstecmn

Does anybody use any video analysis software

Post by sportstecmn » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Gustavus, St Olaf and Shattuck hockey teams use software that helps them analyze game video. There are also a number of NHL teams that use software to help them analyze games. Has anybody looked at doing this?
David Frenkel
Sales - SportsTec
www.SportsTec.com

thestickler07

Re: Does anybody use any video analysis software

Post by thestickler07 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:09 pm

sportstecmn wrote:Gustavus, St Olaf and Shattuck hockey teams use software that helps them analyze game video. There are also a number of NHL teams that use software to help them analyze games. Has anybody looked at doing this?
Could you give us more information on this technology? You seem to be very knowledgeable about this topic.

And if you know anyone that sells this I'm sure everyone would love to know where/how much it costs.

sportstecminnesota

SportsTec Gamebreaker

Post by sportstecminnesota » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:26 pm

sorry I didn't see your response earlier. I exhibited at the Lets Play Hockey expo a few weeks ago during the state hockey tournament. Gamebreaker is reasonability priced and if you like I can give you a demo. If you look at the Sportstec.com web site there is a free 7 day demo you can download and look at.
David Frenkel
SylvanAdvantage (authorized Sportstec distributor)
612-237-1966

IMHO

Post by IMHO » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:21 am

HUDL - Simple. Easy to get to comments to players.

sportstecminnesota

Gamebreaker

Post by sportstecminnesota » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:08 am

I have not seen HUDL but from what I understand it is subscription based and has very little editing capabilities. Gamebreaker has a variety of editing features that allow for better game analysis but it does a cost a little more.
You can get a free download of Gamebreaker at www.sportstec.com

iwatchalotofhockey

Steva Sports Software used by the NHL and by MnHockeyCenter

Post by iwatchalotofhockey » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:42 pm

i can help you with an example what the NHL uses and several college and junior teams across the country. Its specific to hockey and that is Steva Software.

U can utilize for anyalyzing all sorts of hockey specific areas. in the NHL when you see a coach with an Ipad on the bench this is what they are looking at.

Sid from MnHockeyCenter / Prep45.com

sportstecminnesota

Gamebreaker

Post by sportstecminnesota » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:45 pm

The Steva website only mentions the NHL Central scouting as using Steva, there is no mention of any NHL team using Steva. Gamebreaker is used by 6 NHL teams and numerous college teams including MSU and MI.
http://www.sportstec.com/clients-client-list-global

wannagototherink

Re: Gamebreaker

Post by wannagototherink » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:01 pm

sportstecminnesota wrote:The Steva website only mentions the NHL Central scouting as using Steva, there is no mention of any NHL team using Steva. Gamebreaker is used by 6 NHL teams and numerous college teams including MSU and MI.
http://www.sportstec.com/clients-client-list-global
What do these systems cost? Is this something that is actually affordable for a high school hockey program?
"I've never seen a dumb-bell score a goal!" ~Gretter