Ms. Hockey 2023

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

girlshockey4ever

Re: Ms. Hockey 2023

Post by girlshockey4ever »

Yes to what Slap Shot said. I wonder what future college coaches would think if they knew the dad's of their recruits were attacking teenage girls online. If I was a college coach I'd certainly reconsider bringing that girl and her family to my campus.
bodyup88

Post by bodyup88 »

Sorry guys, but I'm just not seeing the "constant negativity and attempts to single out girls playing a sport to criticize and attack" the way you are. I'm seeing a person with very well thought out arguments why one player perhaps shouldn't be an automatic winner of this award before the season even started. I'm also seeing comments and sound backing why an east side player should be considered a very strong candidate.
girlshockey4ever

Post by girlshockey4ever »

My guess is previous comments made by another poster about individual kids, coaches, administrators. Not exactly on this post. However, I think when people see all the negative posts and ridiculous comments they get turned off from the site in general. That's all I was alluding to. I agree that there isn't anything negative on this specific thread.
bodyup88

Post by bodyup88 »

Says the guy who accuses another poster of being a player's personal publicist........or dad.
Eagles93

Post by Eagles93 »

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:41 am I think some people are shying away given the constant negativity and attempts to single out girls playing a sport to criticize and attack.
Nice spin. This forum effectively died when a couple people (Tonka fans?) got upset when people legitimately questioned some severe penalties on a particular player. The biggest recent contributor to the forum has not posted since then and there has been virtually no girls hockey discussion since then. But "attacks" on other board members are acceptable.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Eagles93 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:59 am
Slap Shot wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:41 am I think some people are shying away given the constant negativity and attempts to single out girls playing a sport to criticize and attack.
Nice spin. This forum effectively died when a couple people (Tonka fans?) got upset when people legitimately questioned some severe penalties on a particular player. The biggest recent contributor to the forum has not posted since then and there has been virtually no girls hockey discussion since then. But "attacks" on other board members are acceptable.
Not a spin a legit observation. Questioning penalties (or lack thereof) is perfectly ok - had it been left at that I wouldn't have said anything.
Lace'emUp

Post by Lace'emUp »

I don't think the forum has suddenly become extensively negative, and hence has lost activity due to that notion. I simply think there's not as many people out there that know this forum exists. Plain and simple. Regarding negativity, I recall far more negativity or heating conversations 5-6 years ago. This is nothing compared to some conversations I recall. I don't have any specific examples, but I do recall several members at the time usually at each other's necks. Not so extreme to be sanctioned (well, maybe), but heated arguments that comparatively make recent negativity seem tame.

If others have a passion for high school hockey, INFORM them of this forum. Send them a link and tell them to at least check it out or jump in on the conversation.

Enough of hijacking this thread, back to Ms. Hockey conversation....
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

Ah yes, the fights focusing on the 02 Machine Orange (later the 02 OS ELITE SELECTS) and the 01/02 Ziegler Selects (and their goalie) and Miracle Gold teams. Fun times.
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

jg2112 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:53 pm Ah yes, the fights focusing on the 02 Machine Orange (later the 02 OS ELITE SELECTS) and the 01/02 Ziegler Selects (and their goalie) and Miracle Gold teams. Fun times.
Anyone have any rosters (or pull one together of the top of their head)?
bodyup88

Post by bodyup88 »

Regular season is over and playoffs have begun. Where are we with Ms. Hockey? Are we really going to give it to a player with 20 goals and 14 assists?
Top three should be Boerger, Hause and Higuchi IMO.
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

Give it to the girl from North Dakota!
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!