Seniors

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

tigerpower

Seniors

Post by tigerpower »

I figured with a underclassmen thread we could use a senior thread. Please post any (positive) opinions about this year's seniors. Or any Ms. Hockey or Ms. Goalie predictions.
gavin

Post by gavin »

Two words: SARAH ERICKSON
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

gavin wrote:Two words: SARAH ERICKSON
How about one name: Lauren Smith
Knight7

seniors

Post by Knight7 »

Nicole Olson- Irondale
hockeywild7

Post by hockeywild7 »

Allison Schwab from Stillwater, one of the leading scorers in state, not sure where she is going to school after senior year
eastsidehockey

Post by eastsidehockey »

what is the criteria for Ms. Hockey? Obviously talent, but i have to believe they look at community involvement, academics and so forth?.?.
keepitreal

Post by keepitreal »

The Lamoureux twins are not eligible for Ms. Hockey, but have to be considered two of the top blue chippah's in the class of 2008.

I like Kelly Seeler from EP as the state's top D and potential Ms. Hockey, and Kelly Wild from CDH does a nice job, as does Schleper and Jac Daggit.

At forward I like Kate Bacon, Monique Weber, Emily Erickson, Lauren Smith and Danielle Welch. All great players. Many others are right there too including Feste, Keys, Ambroz, S. Erickson...

To me, Ms. Hockey should go to the player that makes her team around her a contender, not always the player with the top stats. And she has to play both ends of the ice.

In the nets, you'd have to believe Alyssa Grogan is the odds-on favorite for Ms. Goalie. Jondal from CDH will help her team finish strong, but her lack of stats this year will nix her chances for the award I think. Others include Grogan's partner at Eagan Ali Altman, Justice from Alex, Emily Klatt, and a few others.

Nice to see several of the best of 08 wearing the big "M" next year! :wink:
Last edited by keepitreal on Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
keepitreal

Post by keepitreal »

eastsidehockey wrote:what is the criteria for Ms. Hockey? Obviously talent, but i have to believe they look at community involvement, academics and so forth?.?.
The award, presented to the top girls’ high school hockey player in Minnesota, is based on the following criteria: academics, community/extra curricular activities, citizenship, coachability and, of course, on-ice performance.
GOCARDS1

Post by GOCARDS1 »

alexandria's senior class of williams, holmes, delzoppo, justice, ecklund, nelson, and murphy. Great 08 class...
In regards to keepitreal's post, I'm not sure how you can leave out Abby Williams from his list of forwards but go ahead I suppose. Same goes for Holmes in respect to his list of defense.
nice of you to add Justice though, considering that she has the best statistics for a goalie in the 07-08 season.
eastsidehockey

Post by eastsidehockey »

eastsidehockey wrote:
what is the criteria for Ms. Hockey? Obviously talent, but i have to believe they look at community involvement, academics and so forth?.?.

The award, presented to the top girls’ high school hockey player in Minnesota, is based on the following criteria: academics, community/extra curricular activities, citizenship, coachability and, of course, on-ice performance.
So we could list all the best "on-ice players" in the state, but most of us have no idea what they bring to their community, what type of grades they are getting, what type of role models they are, ect.

So would the on-ice award be more along of the lines of the AP Player of the Year whereas MS. Hockey looks at all the components, WHICH THEY SHOULD.

Thanks keepitreal
spr air 210

Post by spr air 210 »

Assuming they have to be Seniors for player and goalie of the year.

My list I'll call it build a team around them players:

Bacon Benilde,Smith Holy Angels,Wheelhouse Crookston,Schleper St

Cloud,Weber Elk River,S Erickson Bemidji, E Erickson Grapids, Seeler EP,

McMullen Mpls Novas, Ambroz New Prague, Jenkins Austin, Vachorek

Cloquet.

Goalies: I'll call them big impact goalies

Justice Alex 621 min .74 GAA 96.2 Save%
Carpenter Cent 567 min .99 GAA 95.2 Save%
Kassa Tech 578 min 1.68 GAA 94.6 Save%
Casey Edina 566 min 1.08 GAA 94.4 Save%
Pieper Warroad 575 min 1.33 GAA 93.4 Save %
boblee

post 8948

Post by boblee »

Sara Erickson-Bemidji
Kate Bacon-BSM
Emily Erickson-GRG
Ashley Holmes-Alex
Danielle Justice-Alex
Allie Bondy-Moorhead

Just a few...
State Champ 97

Re: post 8948

Post by State Champ 97 »

I like these last two lists but I would add
Allison Schwab-Stillwater
QuinUD1

Post by QuinUD1 »

Just a question to think about... Should Grogan be considered for Ms. Goalie (and the other Team USA participants) still, even though she will not be playing in Minnesota for half of the season? I'm just asking a question, not at all saying she doesn't deserve it, because she is a very solid goaltender. And I mean she is going to be playing for Team USA. But is part of being Ms. Goalie playing games in the high school league?
brookyone

Post by brookyone »

QuinUD1 wrote:Just a question to think about... Should Grogan be considered for Ms. Goalie (and the other Team USA participants) still, even though she will not be playing in Minnesota for half of the season? I'm just asking a question, not at all saying she doesn't deserve it, because she is a very solid goaltender. And I mean she is going to be playing for Team USA. But is part of being Ms. Goalie playing games in the high school league?
My two cents, yes, I think she should be considered, or "eligible" for the honor if that's what you're asking. I can understand the question...and think that being chosen as Ms. Goalie is based solely on one's high school career. Which would be my primary reason for a belief she should be considered...she has certainly had an extensive enough career within the girls HS hockey realm to be a legit nominee IMO.
MNHockeyplayer19

Post by MNHockeyplayer19 »

[quote="keepitreal"]The Lamoureux twins are not eligible for Ms. Hockey, but have to be considered two of the top blue chippah's in the class of 2008. quote]

They are amazing. They are really cool. I am one of there biggest fans. I get to hangout with them in the summer they are so intense. I love it.
_ _ _DOG
xwildfan

Post by xwildfan »

Re: Grogan. Don't think she should be excluded from Ms.Goalie consideration because she is good enough to be selected for the USA Team. Also, I doubt if she will miss half the season, unless Eagan schedules twelve games during the World Tournament and Holiday Camp.
QuinUD1

Post by QuinUD1 »

I wasn't at all trying to say she wasn't qualified enough for it, not in the slightest sense. I was just simply wondering if it were to make a difference or not. And I was under the impression that they would be missing more than just the holiday games, but I know I could always be incorrect. Simply a question, not intended to offend or demean anyone at all.
hockeya1a

Post by hockeya1a »

Kari Hunter, Bloomington comes up big quite often for them
I think she is worthy of the honor.
keepitreal

Post by keepitreal »

GOCARDS1 wrote:alexandria's senior class of williams, holmes, delzoppo, justice, ecklund, nelson, and murphy. Great 08 class...
In regards to keepitreal's post, I'm not sure how you can leave out Abby Williams from his list of forwards but go ahead I suppose. Same goes for Holmes in respect to his list of defense.
nice of you to add Justice though, considering that she has the best statistics for a goalie in the 07-08 season.
I'll go along with that.

My list is off the top of my head. (Also I listed Daggit as a F when she is definately a D-- my apologies to the unheralded defenders :wink:).

I see Alex is playing at Breck this weekend-- should be a great test for both teams. If I can sneak out of the rink I might try to see some of that one. Good luck to your Cards, they should go deep this year.
spr air 210

Post by spr air 210 »

Can anyone pull up ghshockeyfan's picks, from last year. It would be

interesting to see his pre-senior year picks against the current stat

leaders. He always had a good starting list.
rwb1351

Post by rwb1351 »

spr air 210 wrote:Can anyone pull up ghshockeyfan's picks, from last year. It would be

interesting to see his pre-senior year picks against the current stat

leaders. He always had a good starting list.
No real "list", but the thread is here:

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=
falcons89

Post by falcons89 »

The top ten I take, and 3 goalies.

1. Smith, Holy Angels. 2. Erickson, S., Bemidji. 3. Ambroz, New Prague. 4. Wheelhouse, Crookston 5. Weber, Elk River. 6. Jenkins, Austin. 7. Schleper, St. Cloud 8. Erickson, E., Grand Rapids 9. Abby Williams, Alex. 10. McMullen Casey, Novas

1. Justice, Danielle Alexandria . (Really impressed me last year at State tourney. The heart of that good team.)
2. Grogan, Alyssa Eagan
3. Pieper, Morgan Warroad
hockeytime40

Re: seniors

Post by hockeytime40 »

Knight7 wrote:Nicole Olson- Irondale
I would have to agree - great skater, leader and student!
titleist

Post by titleist »

Babineau from Roseville, she's going to hopefully sign a D-1 tender somewhere and you all are going to wonder who she is. Not flashy, but an unstoppable motor.