THE BIG DANCE: GRG vs. EP

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will take it

Poll ended at Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:22 am

GRG
63%
EP
38%

Total votes: 32

GRhawky

THE BIG DANCE: GRG vs. EP

Post by GRhawky »

No need to mess around with other threads now. Lets hear your preditions and thoughts on the final show.
GRhawky

Post by GRhawky »

I'll start things out. EP won't be able to stop that top line and i don't think the talent on their second and third lines will be enough over GRG's second and third lines.

GRG-3
Ep-2

Erickson, Arola and Gallop with the goals.
GoAlIeGuRl#1

Post by GoAlIeGuRl#1 »

ep has looked at little shaky prior to the game tonight against cretin.....watching them against elk river and edina, they have seemed out of their game. for them to win burke needs to play like she did today and feste and seeler need to show what they're made of
northwoods oldtimer

Big Dance

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

EP has some fire power. It is too bad the GRG Lightning lost Ms. Illikainen you need all the horses in the stable to stay with EP.

EP 3
GRG 1
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

GRG brings home the 1st place hardware. 4-2 E.N. It will be a great game to watch. GO Lightning
Vulcans84

Post by Vulcans84 »

GRhawky wrote:I'll start things out. EP won't be able to stop that top line and i don't think the talent on their second and third lines will be enough over GRG's second and third lines.

GRG-3
Ep-2

I really dont care who wins but to make a statement that E.P. wont be able to stop GRG top line is ridiculus! From what I have seen so far E.P. has atleast 4 or 5 players as good if not better than those three. I see a pretty close game with E.P. winning 3-1.
scarface

Post by scarface »

Should be a great game. I've got to go with GRG 3 - 2
pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 »

Vulcans84 wrote:
GRhawky wrote:I'll start things out. EP won't be able to stop that top line and i don't think the talent on their second and third lines will be enough over GRG's second and third lines.

GRG-3
Ep-2

I really dont care who wins but to make a statement that E.P. wont be able to stop GRG top line is ridiculus! From what I have seen so far E.P. has atleast 4 or 5 players as good if not better than those three. I see a pretty close game with E.P. winning 3-1.
Thats funny, but very untrue.

EP has no player that even compares to emily. Not to metion dana is also a stand out player for rapids. With that being said, they can still be shut down. Hopefully the girls don't choke like the boys have the last two years.

GRG 4
EP 2

Good luck to both teams but hope the lightning burn up the scoreboard against the city team.
twowayplay

Post by twowayplay »

This is an intersting game. GRG played a cream puff to get to the final and EP struggeled with a good defensive CDH team. And EP got help from a missed off-sides call in OT. The no-call resulted in a continuation of play and eventual penalty against Kelly Wild and ensuing PPG by EP

Should be a excellent match-up. I will go with 3-2 GRG
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

This is the matchup I thought would work its way out...

Eden Prairie is very balanced and plays very good team defense. I think they come at you strong with three balanced lines, and Seeler is the real deal!

GRG has 3 talented forwards, and from what I saw from Emily Erickson last night, I really like her style of play; aggressive and goes to the net. I have to believe though that Arola & Gallop need to step up tonight, as they did not stand out to me last night. And Farmington actually took it to GRG last night in the 3rd period, but that may have been the Lightning just covering a 5 goal lead and coasting.

Two best teams...

GRG 3-2, if Gallop & Arola step up, Erickson can't win this one alone...
g31

Tonight

Post by g31 »

My prediction.
GRG 3
BlooMound Prarie (EP) 2

Ha HA
Twinnesota

Re: Tonight

Post by Twinnesota »

g31 wrote:My prediction.
GRG 3
BlooMound Prarie (EP) 2

Ha HA
EP is really looking polished tonite with 3 goals already...
GRG better get going or this game is over, because Burke is too good with a lead.

T
southern-cross-check

Post by southern-cross-check »

EP - 3
GRG - 2

5 mins left in 2nd period

stoppage of play while Heather Horgen is attended to on ice. Took a nasty check and headfirst into boards. She is skating off the ice and play to restart soon as she is heading to the loacker room.
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

Nice recovery for GRG!
I was starting to smell the blowout, when the Lightning scored!

EP looked very good early, but have lost some steam in 2nd, gonna be a great 3rd! Hats off to Lightning on the comeback... :)
dangla.

Post by dangla. »

How did GR top player get hurt
JohnG

hard fought game

Post by JohnG »

It's starting to become a game of attrition - GRG is getting the worst of it. EP appears to be trying to wear them down with hard play and succeeding.
JohnG

Post by JohnG »

Congratulations to EP!
southern-cross-check

Post by southern-cross-check »

Quite the game, could have gone either way in the final minutes.

A true Minnesota North Vs South hockey saga; keeping everyone on their seat's edge till the final minutes.

Congrats to EP and GRG for setting the bar high for future state tourney finals!

And a final tilt of the hat to the AA Herb Brooks Award winner, Emily Erickson.
ontheroadagain

Post by ontheroadagain »

IMHO if GRG does't beat Centennial in OT 1ST round it would have been 2
and barbeque for them. Eagan and Benilde were much better teams. Centennial 2-1 over Eagan 2 ots and 3-2 losers to Benilde, Grg was the weakest of the 3 no question. Benilde would have beat them by at least 3 goals. Thank your lucky stars you somehow won the first round!!!!!!!!!
Indians forever

ontheroadagain wrote:IMHO if GRG does't beat Centennial in OT 1ST round it would have been 2
and barbeque for them. Eagan and Benilde were much better teams. Centennial 2-1 over Eagan 2 ots and 3-2 losers to Benilde, Grg was the weakest of the 3 no question. Benilde would have beat them by at least 3 goals. Thank your lucky stars you somehow won the first round!!!!!!!!!
You might want to wake up tomorrow and edit your post!!! First of all you make no sense in your post. secondly, what facts do you have that BSM or Eagan deserved to be in the championship rather then GRG????? :shock:
ontheroadagain

Post by ontheroadagain »

fyif the goal in ot was gloved for at least 2 seconds before it was hacked out. Lucky for YOU!!!!!!! Leave it at that so you didn't get imbarrassed by Eagan!! 2nd place not bad!!!!! Great !
Indians forever

ontheroadagain wrote:fyif the goal in ot was gloved for at least 2 seconds before it was hacked out. Lucky for YOU!!!!!!! Leave it at that so you didn't get imbarrassed by Eagan!! 2nd place not bad!!!!! Great !
Wow, you woke up from your nap!!! Try going back to bed and then edit what you are trying to say!!!!! :wink:
hockrun

Post by hockrun »

One soft goal in the end of the third, and a coaching error were all that kept this game out of overtime. Congrats to both teams on a well-played game. Hope to see both teams in the big show next year.
ontheroadagain

Post by ontheroadagain »

After the nap I realized GRG got lucky should have been 2 and barbeque
nice job!!!!! 2nd place 6th best team!!!!!!
JohnG

Post by JohnG »

yes, congrats to both teams on an excellent championship game. No question that they are the top two AA teams.