Select 15s or 93's

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Betty 99

Select 15s or 93's

Post by Betty 99 »

Was anyone at the 15s/93s at the Super Rink? Did anyone stand out?
hocktang

Post by hocktang »

Abby Ness was one of the best players. She's the whole package.
Forwards: Alyssa Veil, Taylor Kuehl, Kayla Mork, Carly Shaeder
Defense: Delaney Middlebrook, Milica McMillen
Last edited by hocktang on Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
hocktang

Post by hocktang »

Are the final 102 players posted yet? If so, where?
goalzilla

Post by goalzilla »

Dist 2 Hannah Brandt, one of the best I've seen at any age handling the puck.
hockeyfan85

Post by hockeyfan85 »

I went and watched on Sunday. I was impressed with most of the District 2 team and the D5 and D6 teams. It seemed like they had some depth, but maybe it was the competition they were playing. Brandt was the best I saw. In a tryout like this I was expecting to see a lot of individual efforts. 3 shifts in a Row she carried the puck in the zone and gave up shots and made some spectacular passes to her linemates. ONe of the passes was a behind the back saucer pass that was so good that I think her linemate was in awe and couldn't get the shot off in time. I talked to her coach after the game and apparently she did that all weekend.

I don't know who they were, but the 2 top D from D2 were very good as well. One was very tall and and could really fly, the other was very quick, could turn on a dime and could make tape to tape passes like it was nothing.

As I was also impressed with the first line of D6, Samantha Reber was very very good. She is very tall and has a lot of range. I think her linemates were Mork from breck and Veil from Blake, all could flat out fly. Kuehl from mound was good as well from D5.

Of the goalies I watched I liked one of the D6 goalies, Friend? is her last name and looking at the roster Mckeever from woodbury was there, she is very good as well.
hocktang

Post by hocktang »

It's about the individuals not the team so if the team did well, that doesnt mean that any of the players from that team will go on to Mankato.
talkhockey

Post by talkhockey »

Your right on the money with Brandt incredible stick handling, creativity. Skating could use a little work but she is defiantly a game changer. The two D from D2 you may be referring to are Sam Hanson from WBL and Caitlyn Hewes from Stillwater. They were the top D that I saw also. The Hanson kid, your right, can flat out fly (when she wants to). Looked like she plays a little conservative, but then again no one got by her, very strong in front of the net. Hewes is nifty player, good stick handler, but can get pushed around. Both of them could break out of the zone with ease, very good vision. I concur with you on Ness, she was fun to watch, quick, elusive, nice player. Also from D16, Sylvester, big strong, fast fluid skater. D6 Reber, a little on the slow side but good hands, strong, smart player also Veil was impressive tenacious, highly skilled. Kruel from D5 was very good in the offensive zone. Great stick work, sniper shot. D8 had some strong D, Ryan, and Shaw I believe. McMillen, nice player, but from everything I’ve heard about her I was little disappointed. She played similar to Stauber from D12 can handle the puck and skate well, but too many errors and give always when pressured.
flyingV

Post by flyingV »

Lots of hard working and skilled 93 girls distributed throughout our state. There definately are some standouts and the evaluators will have an easy time picking the top 10 or so players. But from then on wasn't too much division between the players from the various districts, or the ones I had a chance to see anyway.
talkhockey

Post by talkhockey »

flyingV wrote: Lots of hard working and skilled 93 girls distributed throughout our state. There definately are some standouts and the evaluators will have an easy time picking the top 10 or so players. But from then on wasn't too much division between the players from the various districts, or the ones I had a chance to see anyway.

I agree. This will be a challenge for the evaluators. Alot of good players.
I thought the 92's were a strong group. This one might not be too far behind.
goal4it

Post by goal4it »

What is taking so long to find out who made the cuts from last weekend??? :x
sneach13

Post by sneach13 »

Players advancing to the next phase will be posted on minnesotahockey on thursday...I believe the letters were mailed out Monday.
Love2skate2

Post by Love2skate2 »

whats the word...?
hocktang

Post by hocktang »

It isn't up yet!
Valley Eggroll

Post by Valley Eggroll »

By the time they get it out, these girl's will be eligible for 16's. I would find it hard to believe, that the 102 names were not already on a piece of paper Sunday night after the festival. Did this list need to get reviewed in case someone wasn't on it? Makes you wonder.
sneach13

Post by sneach13 »

send me a message with your email and I can email you the list
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Well, spill the beans...
hockeyfan85

Post by hockeyfan85 »

please do not put that list on this site until it is on MN Hockey. It is my understanding some kids haven't gotten their letters yet. I am sure that is what they are waiting for.

Thanks
talkhockey

Post by talkhockey »

Are you serious?
goal4it

adv.15's/93's

Post by goal4it »

Enough girls have already got their letters. The list needs to be posted now! If not, then there is talking and phone calls going on. It is better to just have the list out so EVERYONE can read it.
hockeyfan85

Post by hockeyfan85 »

I am serious... if the list is on MN hockey. I am sure MN hockey is ok with EVERYONE seeing it. The players have the right to hear before us curious people on the message board do. Put yourself in a players skates, would you want to look on some blog to see you didn't make a team? Give it a few days. The camp isnt until JUNE we can wait.
Knight7

Post by Knight7 »

hockeyfan85

I am serious..

Take a pill. Who put you in charge. There are young ladies would just as soon get on with there lives as opposed to sitting on pins and needles for a letter that may not come.
talkhockey

Post by talkhockey »

These are hockey players...HOCKEY PLAYERS! You have to be physically and mentally tough, especially at the top level. If you emotionally can’t handle rejection …well you probably aren’t’ going to make it anyway. Don’t forget they are used to carrying (and swinging) very big sticks … They are use to elbows… and yes even fists to the head. Not to mention the nasty verbal assault that happen game in and game out. Give them a little more credit. I would think they can handle just about anything.

My only concern would be, how would someone (outside of USA/MN Hockey) have the list anyway?
Valley Eggroll

Post by Valley Eggroll »

Point still is, how long has the list been final? I'll bet the evaluators jobs were done Sunday night after the festival. Two weeks later, no list posted. Letters have been sent out. 16's and 17's had rosters posted much quicker. Why would anyone worry about the letter? Lots of "rosters" and info. is passed on by websites. The information is accurate and timely when posted by the organization. It still makes me wonder if some fine tuning isn't being done. Like you said, why would "sneach" have info. that is not available to the rest of us.
hockeygroupie

Adv 15s list is posted

Post by hockeygroupie »

MN hockey has posted list of summer festival participants. It is under Adv. 15s info on the website.
hockeygroupie

Post by hockeygroupie »

Does anyone have an opinion on to who the top 17 will be to move on?
And is the list in any particular order that is on website?