8A-who's it going to be???

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hometown warrior

Post by hometown warrior »

why with all the hour cuts at the Yellow building do there continue to be job openings? we not only have our kids get there ice time cut, their parents get there hours cut. if this doesn't represent win at all costs, I don't know what does. around town, the only one's happy seem to be the Warroad selects. school board should look at a coaching change for the good of the community
hacker

Post by hacker »

LOL, I had to come out of retirement for this thread! Where does Sylvester's dad work?? Who had that job before he did?

Also, I believe Izzy said it best in the GF Herald on (I think) the day of the game:
While Warroad coach David Marvin admits to being frustrated by those two losses, "last year doesn't make any difference now. We're such a different team. We have a lot of new players in our lineup."

Good thing you came out Missy! How will you feel when your neice is on the bench and the recruited South Dakota goalie is playing in your hometown?
SB24

Post by SB24 »

ahh what players where cut this year? and what parents have been hired since the hrs have been cut? because i know people with no kids that were hired this summer. that must somehow have something to do with girls hockey.....
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

SB24 wrote:ahh what players where cut this year? and what parents have been hired since the hrs have been cut? because i know people with no kids that were hired this summer. that must somehow have something to do with girls hockey.....
Well isn't it obvious? The Marvins know that someday those people without kids will have children. They used their crystal ball and are pretty sure their offspring will be all state caliber players. Some haters would call this pre-emptive recruiting. It won't be long before people from other towns are on to them HAHAHA
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

wow, a lot of heat in here over umm...girls hockey? :lol:

go warroad, hope they can squeek this one out against hutch, it's only what, 11-0 now?
RoseauWarrior

Post by RoseauWarrior »

Ha, I guess I hit a nerve!!!
Fair Play

Post by Fair Play »

As "The Tourney" begins, Congratulations to The Roseau Lady Rams who lost with dignity. They won in so many other ways. They won over their Fans! They won over their community! They are all winners and a great TEAM! A privelage to watch over the years growing up on the ice. Our Seniors will be missed!
Mary Loken, Kylie Lane, Breanna Janzen, Dawn Comstock, Chelsey Froseth and Hannah Anderson
Some of their amazing accomplishments include: An average 3.8 GPA; 4 National Honor Students; 4 Acedemic All-State Students; A Ms. Hockey Top Ten Finalist; A Ms. Goalie Top Five Finalist; A D1 hockey player for North Dakota; A D1 hockey player for St. Cloud; A Class President; A Miss Teen Roseau County and list goes on......Thanks for the memories!
hometown warrior

The part you forgot, they are in all their class pictures together from grade school on up!! Thanks for playing by the rules, it paid off for your girls.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

hometown warrior wrote:The part you forgot, they are in all their class pictures together from grade school on up!! Thanks for playing by the rules, it paid off for your girls.
If something that Warroad did was against the rules write a complaint to the MSHSL. That will get you further than writing complaints on this message board.
hometown warrior

like the "recruited" would co-operate with MSHSL. think about it! even my own kid won't rat on a "buddy" They'd have to move again, and probably wouldn't be to welcome back home agin. would help get rid of the JV and let everyone play again tho.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

what is high school hockey about to you?
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008
hockeyheaven

Post by hockeyheaven »

RoseauWarrior wrote:Ha, I guess I hit a nerve!!!
No, I think you have the nerve… to lament over this tired old topic that has long been discussed to the point of exhaustion…funny, I don’t recall this being an issue last year. Let me suggest that you spend your energy toward congratulating your squad on a fine season…they truly deserve it...regroup and come back next year.
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

hockeyheaven wrote:
No, I think you have the nerve… to lament over this tired old topic that has long been discussed to the point of exhaustion…funny, I don’t recall this being an issue last year. Let me suggest that you spend your energy toward congratulating your squad on a fine season…they truly deserve it...recruit and come back next year.
ST

Post by ST »

Hometown Warrior! aka Michelle. You should stop hiding behind the name and start supporting the team and your community. The kids you are attacking are your daughters friends and teammates.
ST

Post by ST »

As "The Tourney" begins, Congratulations to The Roseau Lady Rams who lost with dignity. They won in so many other ways. They won over their Fans! They won over their community! They are all winners and a great TEAM! A privelage to watch over the years growing up on the ice. Our Seniors will be missed!
Mary Loken, Kylie Lane, Breanna Janzen, Dawn Comstock, Chelsey Froseth and Hannah Anderson
Some of their amazing accomplishments include: An average 3.8 GPA; 4 National Honor Students; 4 Acedemic All-State Students; A Ms. Hockey Top Ten Finalist; A Ms. Goalie Top Five Finalist; A D1 hockey player for North Dakota; A D1 hockey player for St. Cloud; A Class President; A Miss Teen Roseau County and list goes on......Thanks for the memories!

Very sweet! Do you think you will be able to say the same thing next year when South Dakota recruit Dallas and Williams recruite Megan Calder are on your team. At least the Warroad families have to work, unlike the JV boys coach with 4 kids in your program!
goal4it

Post by goal4it »

It's about time you unleash ST!!! Good Luck at State Warroad.
Fair Play

Post by Fair Play »

Go Blake!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to Crookson and EGF for your support. I would not support any other team in 8a if they were the were playing the Soviet Union!
goal4it

Post by goal4it »

Fair Play wrote:Go Blake!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to Crookson and EGF for your support. I would not support any other team in 8a if they were the were playing the Soviet Union!
You are a hypocrite! Blake being a private school recruits from youth programs all over the Mpls region. Go big or go home, oops you are home!!!!
goal4it

Post by goal4it »

hometown warrior wrote:
puckster22 wrote:
I just want to say that Warroad has nothing to be proud of. They bring in all of these girls from around the state, and from Canada. Of course they should win State. Roseau should be proud to have given them a run for their money. Warroad, if you need to cheat to win, why don't you go AA? Let these smaller schools have a chance. That what the single A schools are for. I have also heard grumblings about the Warroad girls playing extra games during the season. Do you really think you will get away with this for long? I don't! Izzy has ruined the Warroad youth program. None of these girls teams are good. Do they have winning records? What are you going to do when these girls move up? Bring in more out-of-towners? I doubt it. Unless there is a Marvin on the team. You should be ashamed of yourself. You are ruining your program. I really do feel bad for these towns who are missing their girls that THEY developed. He is USING someone elses hard work for his gain. Try building your OWN program from the ground up. You may have won your title this year, but judging by the numbers in your 14u down, your future doesn't look to bright.

I am so sick of people complaining about kids moving to Warroad to play. Everyone assumes that they are just recruited. Well the truth is they are not. They move there on their own free will. They like the kids they would be playing with, they like the coaches, they like the community. Some assume that the kids parents are given jobs at the big yellow factory as a reward but I have news for you Puckster, I work with amsley-benzeys parent at Dairy Queen, and her other parent is a pharmacist. All the best D's are home grown, and thats how games are won. These players feel more comfortable here and thats it. The fact is, Izzy is just a better coach than Bergstrom. And I heard that from several ROseau fans after the game, that is not just my opinion. Being in highschool, I heard som of the girls talking about how they knew what ROseau was gonna do. That means he had them better prepared for the game. People need to realize that just because they move here they are not recruited. Drop the issue and just play.

Not RECRUITED!! not only does benzie work there, so does the other new recruits mom. how many of the dads work at the yellow factory? Sad that a senior captain rides the pine while the canadian and coaches 8th grader moves them on to state. As far as the DQ jobs, owner just happens to be coaches best friend and summer team coach!! Pull your head out from under a rock wish we would have moved OUT of town so my kid could play. drop the issue comes from the Warroad select side.

Rumor has it, the Dairy Queen in Hutchinson is hiring! Maybe you should move! :lol: :lol:
ST

Post by ST »

You have nerve posting during work at the big yellow factory on company time. shame on you! what would jim think about that?
RoseauWarrior

Post by RoseauWarrior »

ST wrote:
You have nerve posting during work at the big yellow factory on company time. shame on you! what would jim think about that?
Guess you don't know my schedule as well as you think!!
Fair Play

Post by Fair Play »

You are a hypocrite! Blake being a private school recruits from youth programs all over the Mpls region. Go big or go home, oops you are home!!!!

Last time I checked there were no private schools in 8A....or is there?
hometown warrior

goal4it wrote:
hometown warrior wrote:
puckster22 wrote:
I just want to say that Warroad has nothing to be proud of. They bring in all of these girls from around the state, and from Canada. Of course they should win State. Roseau should be proud to have given them a run for their money. Warroad, if you need to cheat to win, why don't you go AA? Let these smaller schools have a chance. That what the single A schools are for. I have also heard grumblings about the Warroad girls playing extra games during the season. Do you really think you will get away with this for long? I don't! Izzy has ruined the Warroad youth program. None of these girls teams are good. Do they have winning records? What are you going to do when these girls move up? Bring in more out-of-towners? I doubt it. Unless there is a Marvin on the team. You should be ashamed of yourself. You are ruining your program. I really do feel bad for these towns who are missing their girls that THEY developed. He is USING someone elses hard work for his gain. Try building your OWN program from the ground up. You may have won your title this year, but judging by the numbers in your 14u down, your future doesn't look to bright.

I am so sick of people complaining about kids moving to Warroad to play. Everyone assumes that they are just recruited. Well the truth is they are not. They move there on their own free will. They like the kids they would be playing with, they like the coaches, they like the community. Some assume that the kids parents are given jobs at the big yellow factory as a reward but I have news for you Puckster, I work with amsley-benzeys parent at Dairy Queen, and her other parent is a pharmacist. All the best D's are home grown, and thats how games are won. These players feel more comfortable here and thats it. The fact is, Izzy is just a better coach than Bergstrom. And I heard that from several ROseau fans after the game, that is not just my opinion. Being in highschool, I heard som of the girls talking about how they knew what ROseau was gonna do. That means he had them better prepared for the game. People need to realize that just because they move here they are not recruited. Drop the issue and just play.

Not RECRUITED!! not only does benzie work there, so does the other new recruits mom. how many of the dads work at the yellow factory? Sad that a senior captain rides the pine while the canadian and coaches 8th grader moves them on to state. As far as the DQ jobs, owner just happens to be coaches best friend and summer team coach!! Pull your head out from under a rock wish we would have moved OUT of town so my kid could play. drop the issue comes from the Warroad select side.

Rumor has it, the Dairy Queen in Hutchinson is hiring! Maybe you should move! :lol: :lol:
Better yet, why don't you sell the DQ and Izzy sell the patch and see what happens in the real world.
goal4it

Post by goal4it »

hometown warrior wrote:
goal4it wrote:
hometown warrior wrote:

Better yet, why don't you sell the DQ and Izzy sell the patch and see what happens in the real world.

I don't know you personally, but what I do know is that you need to be positive and supportive of the entire program for your daughters sake. These girls have worked hard all season to get where they are. Be happy for them!

I wish I could sell the DQ and the Patch because then I wouldn't have to work at the Big Yellow Building!!

I wish
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

geez, all this b!tching....imagine if the lady warriors would've lost and not gone to state! :lol: