8A-who's it going to be???

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

goal4it

Post by goal4it »

UpNorthStars wrote:geez, all this b!tching....imagine if the lady warriors would've lost and not gone to state! :lol:
I suppose you're right: Michelle would be happy and so would Roseau. :roll:
puckster22

Post by puckster22 »

Excuse me for not being happy for Warroad. Here are the Facts... 1) Warroad has brought in at least 8 girls over the past 2 years. Call it what you want, but that is a very high number compared to any other school. Roseau has gotten what 2 new players in the last 3 years or so? One happens to be from Warroad. She has a great family who would rather see her play for a a TEAM. We are very happy with Dallas, but we did not recruit her. My guess is that she and Katie will spend equal time in the net next year. We'll just have to see. What also bothers me is that these new players for Warroad are around the same age as the Marvin girls? Did it just so happen that no juniors or seniors want to come to your program? I wonder why??? 2) Warroad has played more games than they are supposed to. MSHSL has a mandated number of 25 games. No more. Warroad has played 26. One with Detroit Lakes. By any account, that should be grounds for disqualification.This is being investigated at this moment, we'll just have to see what happens. Can't you all see what all of this is doing to your whole program? Unless there is a Marvin on any of those youth teams, they don't stand a chance. I can't predict the future, but it isn't looking too promising!
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

yup, you can't predict the future, so you shouldn't try.

Hey lee, i bet if this topic was about duluth it would've been nuked a long time ago...just sayin'
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

puckster22 wrote:Excuse me for not being happy for Warroad. Here are the Facts... 1) Warroad has brought in at least 8 girls over the past 2 years. Call it what you want, but that is a very high number compared to any other school. Roseau has gotten what 2 new players in the last 3 years or so? One happens to be from Warroad. She has a great family who would rather see her play for a a TEAM. We are very happy with Dallas, but we did not recruit her. My guess is that she and Katie will spend equal time in the net next year. We'll just have to see. What also bothers me is that these new players for Warroad are around the same age as the Marvin girls? Did it just so happen that no juniors or seniors want to come to your program? I wonder why??? 2) Warroad has played more games than they are supposed to. MSHSL has a mandated number of 25 games. No more. Warroad has played 26. One with Detroit Lakes. By any account, that should be grounds for disqualification.This is being investigated at this moment, we'll just have to see what happens. Can't you all see what all of this is doing to your whole program? Unless there is a Marvin on any of those youth teams, they don't stand a chance. I can't predict the future, but it isn't looking too promising!
I compared the amount of games Warroad played after the season and yes, they were over the 25 game limit but so were many other teams. I don;t hear you calling them out. On a side note I don;t think the team gets disqualified for this kind of infraction, only the coach gets punished. I'm not sure on that, but I think something similiar happened to the Bauette volleyball coach.

Also, am I the only one that finds it funny that when a hockey player moves to Roseau it isn't recruiting like puckster said with Dallas. Or how the Warroad girls family wanted her to play for that team. What about the girls who move to Warroad because their families wanted their kids to play on the Warrior team.
puckster22

Post by puckster22 »

yes, I hear what you are saying. It is normal for people to move to other towns. One here, one there. But EIGHT??? That just so happen to be in 8-9-10th grade?
ST

Post by ST »

puckster22 wrote:Excuse me for not being happy for Warroad. Here are the Facts... 1) Warroad has brought in at least 8 girls over the past 2 years. Call it what you want, but that is a very high number compared to any other school. Roseau has gotten what 2 new players in the last 3 years or so? One happens to be from Warroad. She has a great family who would rather see her play for a a TEAM. We are very happy with Dallas, but we did not recruit her. My guess is that she and Katie will spend equal time in the net next year. We'll just have to see. What also bothers me is that these new players for Warroad are around the same age as the Marvin girls? Did it just so happen that no juniors or seniors want to come to your program? I wonder why??? 2) Warroad has played more games than they are supposed to. MSHSL has a mandated number of 25 games. No more. Warroad has played 26. One with Detroit Lakes. By any account, that should be grounds for disqualification.This is being investigated at this moment, we'll just have to see what happens. Can't you all see what all of this is doing to your whole program? Unless there is a Marvin on any of those youth teams, they don't stand a chance. I can't predict the future, but it isn't looking too promising!
Puckster
As a matter of fact your facts are incorrect. Perhaps you should review the MGCHA website. After reviewing the schedules, I do not see where they played each other. Can you please tell us the score and when they played? Also, who is investigating from MN Hockey?

I happen to have some friends in your Roseau town and if I have my facts straight, I think your town has been the receipient of more then 2 players. South Dakota brought 4 (14u, 12u b, bantam and mite), 12u has one from Crookston, HS has one from Warroad, 14u has one from St. Michael/Albertville, Yon's, Huglens (not sure of their levels), Jacobson on boys side. Do the math, that is at least 10.

I have often thought of moving too. If you know anything about the Marvin scholarships you would move in 7th or 8th grade too. $10,300 per year per kid adds up fast and in today's economy that is pretty appealing. Whether you want to believe it or not, none of the girls on either team are going to make a living playing hockey so they better get a good education. If not, they might be working in the big yellow factory along with a bunch of parents from both towns.
hometown warrior

Post by hometown warrior »

hey goal4, 41 and the rest. you should speak the facts not bend the truth. player left Warroad to Roso not because she was recruited, but because she would not ever see the ice in Warroad. Izzy was glad to see her leave makes more room for out of towners. The baudette coach was suspended for like 2 years from coaching high school. left for bemidji with her daughter to continue coaching her. sound familiar? I can guarantee you that if warroad comes home with a trophy, it will sit in a bar. now isn't that appropriate? two more years of this crap unless a new crop of 8th graders comes in to join daughter #2. Now i'll predict the future, after his kids are done in Warroad, he is done coaching girls hockey. not doing it for the program, just his ego.
pondhockey

Post by pondhockey »

puckster22 wrote: 2) Warroad has played more games than they are supposed to. MSHSL has a mandated number of 25 games. No more. Warroad has played 26. One with Detroit Lakes. By any account, that should be grounds for disqualification.future,
Really?!! Warroad "played" Detroit Lakes and YOU have a problem with that? I think I'd be more upset about wasting the gas on that trip. :roll: (Sorry, DL.)
puckster22

Post by puckster22 »

Here is the thing. The hockey community may not be as big as you think it is. People do talk. Parents of kids that play for your program and former players of the girls program as well. We all know what's going on. Maybe the wool is over your eyes. This recruiting stuff IS going on in your little town of Warroad. If you can't see it, than you're pretty naive. Let's just say time will tell. When it is all said and done and little Marvins are graduated, we'll see how many people "want to come play" for you. Congrats to the girls who play their hearts out, and shame on the coaches who put them in this controversy.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

I never thought girls hockey was very entertaining but I was wrong this is great....It will be Very fun to watch the roso fans cry for the next 5 years or so....and after that i dont care if they cut girls hockey
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008
hometown warrior

Post by hometown warrior »

you'll need the scholarship. what you will lose by working 32 hrs per week doesn't really justify the money. by the way, how many students moved that DONT play hockey, just for the scholarship? Probably less than 8.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

Why do you care so much? you obviously dont care about your daughter having fun...and I guess winning is not important to you..so what is it

And the trophy will be sitting in the high school office on monday morning not the bar...but i guess u can guarantee it wont somehow?
Last edited by SB24 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

so let me get this straight. You lose 8 hours per week for what, 3 months max? thats approx 12 weeks right? 12 times 8 hours equals 96 hours. so in order to lose $10,300 you'd have to be making just over $107 per hour.

:roll:
hawkyfan

Post by hawkyfan »

puckster22 wrote: Congrats to the girls who play their hearts out, and shame on the coaches who put them in this controversy.
Ahhh, shame on YOU for making it controversial! Shame on you for trying to rain on the Warroad girls parade! All you have done is make sure everyone here knows what a sore loser you are, thats all! Hey, better luck next year!
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

UpNorthStars wrote:so let me get this straight. You lose 8 hours per week for what, 3 months max? thats approx 12 weeks right? 12 times 8 hours equals 96 hours. so in order to lose $10,300 you'd have to be making just over $107 per hour

:roll:

You are making it seem to simple. Even when the factory was at 40 hours a week most parents would have problems paying for college. $10,300 is a huge amount of money, plus its renewable for four years. Its not because of those lost 8 hours that people are having problems paying for college, its because college is expensive.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

you are slow...no?
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

After reading through this thread there is now no doubt: the biggest rivalry in the State by far is Warroad and Roseau! :D
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

tell that to lee's buddy, karl...

:lol:
puckster22

Post by puckster22 »

Okay ST, you keep talking about our boys program. There is another forum for that topic. If all you can find in Roseau girls & boys Mite-HS is 10 new kids, get a life. We're talking Girls hockey, here OK?

If you can't find evidence of this game, that means someone had tried to hide it. It was played. End of story! Since you know everyone in your town so well, why don't you ask around? Mabye try and find out which one of your parents stole the Roseau signs while you're at it.

Warroad...Lie, Cheat, and Steal USA!!!
Freedom-Of-Speach

Post by Freedom-Of-Speach »

puckster22>>(I mean>Investigator22) Have you found out any thing on the Detroit Lakes game? If you do, post it right away. (I do not think that you are going to find any thing). Another thing>>quit bashing Girls Hockey and GET-A-LIFE!!!!!!!
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

Freedom-of-Speech let them speak.
That is why we live in America.

Just as it is Freedom-to-Spell.

:wink:
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:Freedom-of-Speech let them speak.
That is why we live in America.

Just as it is Freedom-to-Spell.

:wink:
Is that this bored?
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

UpNorthStars wrote:yup, you can't predict the future, so you shouldn't try.

Hey lee, i bet if this topic was about duluth it would've been nuked a long time ago...just sayin'
Are you complaining UNS? You don't actually ever add anything about hockey to threads, this is right up your alley.
puckster22

Post by puckster22 »

F-O-SPEECH
I am a huge girls hockey fan. Read the posts! I want to see it grow like everyone else here.
I think it's funny how some Warroad people admit to this extra game being played, but say that it is no big deal (because it was Detroit Lakes), while others are trying to cover it up. Point is, Warroad is doing some pretty shady things with their girls program. It must be interesting to some, because there's a lot of hits on this board. It's not my job to investigate these things, but I like watching girls hockey, and I'd like to continue watching, in its purity. The Minnesota girls hockey program has come a long way and I hate to see a town like Warroad take advantage of the newness of the sports success.
goal4it

Post by goal4it »

puckster22 wrote:F-O-SPEECH
I am a huge girls hockey fan. Read the posts! I want to see it grow like everyone else here.
I think it's funny how some Warroad people admit to this extra game being played, but say that it is no big deal (because it was Detroit Lakes), while others are trying to cover it up. Point is, Warroad is doing some pretty shady things with their girls program. It must be interesting to some, because there's a lot of hits on this board. It's not my job to investigate these things, but I like watching girls hockey, and I'd like to continue watching, in its purity. The Minnesota girls hockey program has come a long way and I hate to see a town like Warroad take advantage of the newness of the sports success.
Puckster you seem to know an awful lot about Warroad. When did they play DL?