8A-who's it going to be???

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

goal4it

8A-who's it going to be???

Post by goal4it »

Is Roseau going to be able to hold on to the top seed in this section?? :?
chickendance

Post by chickendance »

yep
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Roseau is the favorite.
I wouldn't rule out Warroad.
EGF isn't there yet but with the new coach and young talent it is only a matter of time before they are serious contenders.
Crookston's drop off begins this year and gets progressively worse.
TRF's numbers are becoming a real issue.
the rest are playing for the love of the game.
#1hockeymom

Post by #1hockeymom »

According to early polls right now it would have to be Warroad, Roseau, & Crookston followed by EGF in a very distant 4th. The Warriors are currently undefeated with several impressive wins. Roseau is not far behind with a couple of 1 goal losses. Crookston has struggled as of late but will be more competitive when big red is back on the ice. The Eastdsiders have shown improvement but have a ways to go before I can put them in the hunt. The season is still young and a lot can change. It looks to be another Warroad-Roseau section final unless Crookston can figure out how to fix their defensive woes.

Love,

#1hockeymom
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

1. Warroad
2. Roseau

Big Gap

3. Crookston
4. EGF
#1hockeymom

Post by #1hockeymom »

1. Warroad
2. Roseau

3. Ctown

4. EGF

Gap yes but not that big, Ctown gets some tending and D they can be in the hunt

Mom
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

No disrespect intended #1mom. Crookston's best players play D. I had never heard of Kaiser before they came to Bemidji. She is good but defenseman Wheelhouse and Wangen are their best players so the D part of your comment doesn't seem to mesh to me. (I know Wheelhouse didn't play against Bemidji but I have seen her play before) Big gap between Warroad/Roseau and Crookston. Yes I saw the Crookston-Warroad score.
Cowboy1

Post by Cowboy1 »

Kaiser played on Warroads summer team during the offseason and was a starter last season, so she shouldn't be a stranger to anyone. Crookstons top 4 offensive players have 55 pts. and Wangen and Wheelhouse have 25. After that the scoring drops of dramatically. The other 2 defense starters have 7 pts with only 1 being a goal. Since you can't play Wangen and Wheelhouse on the same line because they have to help out the other defensive players, I would say that YES defense is a problem. Crookstons team is young but the fact that they can only get better and with a lot of the season left, I wouldn't totally rule them out. Warroads team has been playing together for the last 8 months. Crookston the last 1 1/2. Has Warroad peaked? Who knows. Has Crookston peaked doubtfull! One thing Crookston cannot afford is any injuries to the top 5 players that make the core of the team, as showed in the loss to Roseau and Bemidji.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

I have stated before and I will sick by this statement.
It is the beginning of the end for Crookston.
No 12U team, JV that is weak, I haven't seen the 14U but I would say that numbers are becoming a real issue and will affect the high school team in the near future.
Letitice

Post by Letitice »

How can u say its the downfall of Crookston when they lose Erika Wheelhouse and maintain pretty much the rest of their team? Next year they only lose Lexy Wangen with some talented kids coming up from their feeder programs... Crookston is very young and experience is everything. Give the home-grown kids a chance! :wink: I wouldn't count them out just yet! :)
Cowboy1

Post by Cowboy1 »

The Facts are Wheelhouse is the only player to Graduate this year. The first 2 lines for Crookston consists of 2 Juniors, 4 Sophmores and 2 Freshman. The 3rd line which does see some ice time has 2 Sophmores and 3 Freshman. They have 2 goalies that have started on Varsity that are a Sophmore and a Freshman. The Sophmores and Freshman went to State as 12U's so they probably have some quality kids in that age group. Crox has a 14U which you haven't seen so aren't counting. So your NEAR FUTURE must take place after the 2011 season. But Crox does have a 10U and an 8 and under team, so you can only speculate what happens after then. Crookston has never had 3 good lines and have played mostly 2 lines every year so nothing is changing there. So after looking at the facts they shoot a lot of holes in your statement that looks more like a personal view than a statement with substance.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Time will tell but I stand by my statement based on what I have seen.
sneach13

Post by sneach13 »

Since I have either coached or coached against many of the younger girls in this section over the last few years I would say that it is Roseau/Warroad this year and for the next 4 years. EGF will compete right with them next year and the year after for sure, but I dont see Crookston having the dominence again that they have had.
#1hockeymom

Post by #1hockeymom »

State Champ 97 wrote:No disrespect intended #1mom. Crookston's best players play D. I had never heard of Kaiser before they came to Bemidji. She is good but defenseman Wheelhouse and Wangen are their best players so the D part of your comment doesn't seem to mesh to me. (I know Wheelhouse didn't play against Bemidji but I have seen her play before) Big gap between Warroad/Roseau and Crookston. Yes I saw the Crookston-Warroad score.
U R absolutely right, C-town has 2 of the top D in the State. The problem is they need to find another solid D to shore things up. They are a little thin on talent but should be able to throw out 2 competetive lines. TP is a competitor and will get the Pirate Ship back on course. Don't count them out just yet.

Merry Christmas,

Love Mom
matthebat

Post by matthebat »

Crookston is a good team and they may surprise some people when they play warroad or roseau
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

matthebat wrote:Crookston is a good team and they may surprise some people when they play warroad or roseau
They already did. Check the upset special thread. Mom, I finished my crow. What is for dessert.
#1hockeymom

Post by #1hockeymom »

Hope your crow tasted good Champ, I have been gone for a while but I will be working on your desert soon. Mom is proud of you, it takes a real Champ to know when to eat his crow :!:

Love,

Mom
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Hey Mom, do you see anymore upsets in the near future? Sorry I missed you in Crookston last week.
#1hockeymom

Upsets

Post by #1hockeymom »

Unfortunately I had a real bad vision, actually you could call it a nightmare. The Eastsiders are so hungry they can taste it and will out work the Pirates at home winning 4-3 in OT. It will be a nice win for their program however they will lose in the first round of section playoffs. TP from EGF was at the game last night scouting and will use the same game plan as Warroad shadowing the big three from Ctown. Sorry Pirate fans.

Love,

Mom
Sioux Rule

Re: Upsets

Post by Sioux Rule »

#1hockeymom wrote:Unfortunately I had a real bad vision, actually you could call it a nightmare. The Eastsiders are so hungry they can taste it and will out work the Pirates at home winning 4-3 in OT. It will be a nice win for their program however they will lose in the first round of section playoffs. TP from EGF was at the game last night scouting and will use the same game plan as Warroad shadowing the big three from Ctown. Sorry Pirate fans.

Love,

Mom
Sorry Mom, but EGF don't have the skilled players or the speed that Warroad has, to attack C-town with the same game plan! It will be a very good game, though!!
Letitice

Post by Letitice »

Sorry but EGF does not have that many weapons..... Remember the last time Ctown and EGF met? It was not a contest whatsoever. EW and the Pirates will take care of business and prepare for their run down the stretch, Crookston 5, EGF 1. :D
#1hockeymom

Post by #1hockeymom »

Sorry Sioux, but you just added the perfect amount of fuel to get the Eastsiders up to speed. What is your prediction :?: Go Sioux :!:

Love,

Mom
hacker

Post by hacker »

Unfortunately I had a real bad vision, actually you could call it a nightmare. The Eastsiders are so hungry they can taste it and will out work the Pirates at home winning 4-3 in OT. It will be a nice win for their program however they will lose in the first round of section playoffs. TP from EGF was at the game last night scouting and will use the same game plan as Warroad shadowing the big three from Ctown. Sorry Pirate fans.

Love,

Mom

I think you are wrong Mom. EGF will not upset Crook. Wheelhouse, Wangen and Kaiser will not allow this to happen!
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Jensen, Piche, Scanlyn, Hedlund and Pecka may have other ideas. I don't know. I just know it isn't wise to argue with mom.
Letitice

Post by Letitice »

Hey Momma, here's to your prediction between EGF and CTown:

"Whooah, were half way there
Livin on a prayer
Take my hand and well make it - I swear
Livin on a prayer"

:wink: