Eveleth

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ghshockeyfan

Eveleth

Post by ghshockeyfan »

Eveleth had a MAJOR upset last night in multiple OT's... I don't know the specifics, but just wanted to congratulate them and their hockey tradition rich community! =) Sounds like an outstanding game and best of luck at State!

Sounds like a 3OT 4-3 W now that I look it up... Did anyone see the game? Did Eveleth G do extremely well? Just curious... Looks like the teams met 2 prior times with Eveleth losing 4-0 & 4-2...
nmnhockeydad

Post by nmnhockeydad »

Good luck at State! Upset or not, it is why you play the game!
rwb1351

Post by rwb1351 »

nmnhockeydad wrote:Good luck at State! Upset or not, it is why you play the game!
This I agree with 100%!!! The games are played on the ice and not on paper or by rankings or stats! Too much emphasis on the rankings sometimes...
ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan »

Good point on rankings... And speaking of those another pre-state round will be coming soon for KRACH... =) I never take any of these rankings too seriously but it's fun to see how they compare to the LPH voting, what posters predict and say here, and compare to what actually happens when 2 teams play the game...
mainefan

Post by mainefan »

Awsome job girls!!!! Have a blast at state. The whole range is cheering for you!
beerguy2

Post by beerguy2 »

Just trying to figure out how they got the four seed.
SportsMa

Post by SportsMa »

From the MSHSL website this is how the process went.

Sixteen coaches sat at their computers this morning and voted to determine the top four seeded teams in each class for the 2009 State Girls' Hockey Tournament. The coaches logged onto a special page of the League Web site. Each coach ranked the other teams 1 through 7. The highest and lowest rankings for each team were discarded, leaving five rankings for each team. From those rankings, the top four seeds were selected. In conference calls with all eight head coaches of each class, League Associate Director Craig Perry announced the top four seeds. Coaches association Executive Director Tim Morris, head coach at Eden Prairie, then conducted a blind draw of the four remaining teams to establish the opponents for the seeded teams.

Good Luck to all the teams participating!!!
snapdog

I saw the game

Post by snapdog »

I have seen a lot of great games over the years and this one was right up near the top and it was a Girls High School Hockey game. Games like this do so much for the sport. Shots were 41-40 after regulation with nothing but up and down the rink high speed action. It never slowed in OT with SB killing off a PP in the first 1/2 of the 1st 3 min OT. SB controled the second OT but could not score. Eveleth banged home the game winner on a rebound in the 3rd OT, a perfect rebound at that and deserved a State Tournament berth. Hey I was rooting for SB and knew it was going to be one heck of a game as the 4-2 score a few weeks earlier the shots were a dead heat in that one as well. I wish Eveleth all the best at State and I will be rooting you on Girls!
Do I have to shadow Pavelich again coach?
sid_the_kid

Post by sid_the_kid »

That game was huge for the eveleth community. for some time now, the boys hockey team has stunk and its good to see that the girls are keeping the tradition going in eveleth. Good for coach henderson. play well at state girls
mainefan

Post by mainefan »

Good game girls. You are definetly going to be fun to watch in the coming years. The Range is proud of you!