Hockey Day in Minnesota 2010

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

northhockey

Hockey Day in Minnesota 2010

Post by northhockey »

FSN/Minnesota Wild Hockey Day in Minnesota 2010 - Hermantown
January 23rd
Duluth Marshall vs. Hopkins - boys
Eden Prairie vs. Hermantown boys
Duluth vs. Proctor/Hermantown/Marshall girls
Outside, Northern Minnesota Hockey!!!
royals dad

Post by royals dad »

How do Duluth and PHM look to be this year?
iceage

Post by iceage »

royals dad wrote:How do Duluth and PHM look to be this year?
Duluth loses 7 senior and 120 points. I saw them play twice last year, against Hill Murray and Hopkins. They played both games well losing to Hill Murray (2-1) and beating Hopkins by the same score. The warroad win in Warroad must have been hugh for them. Logergren and Buckley will have to pick up their game but I don't think it will be enough. They have a solid goalie in Paige Turner (I love that name). Don't know who they will pick up or how the JV players are.

PHM loses 5 seniors and about 160 points. They will miss Downey and Weiss. I saw them play against Hopkins. Not a very good game for them. Stauber and Gilbert will be back but they will need help from Mathews, Buchite, and Eliason. Morris is a young but experienced goalie who will do well.

I don't see either team in the top ten but this is mainly because there will be a lot of other good teams vying for those spots. But as my friends tell me, I am often wrong but never in doubt.
~hockeygirl~

Post by ~hockeygirl~ »

royals dad wrote:How do Duluth and PHM look to be this year?
Neither team seems to have much depth this year. But the game should still be a good one.
trojangoalie241

Post by trojangoalie241 »

Amber Fryklund resigned today.

She accepted a teaching job at Marshall and rumor has it that she will assistant coach for PHM next year.
mnhockey123

Post by mnhockey123 »

trojangoalie241 wrote:Amber Fryklund resigned today.

She accepted a teaching job at Marshall and rumor has it that she will assistant coach for PHM next year.
...so you're saying 'Jimber' has officially bowed out now? Since they've done everything (hockey related) together for the last three years, why did they each resign individually?

**User note: The over/under on the lifespan of this post is set at 12 hours. I'm taking the under**
trojangoalie241

Post by trojangoalie241 »

DING DING DING! That's what I'm saying!

Unfortunately you win nothing because this was obvious and we all knew it would happen. Sorry.
22muchinfo

Post by 22muchinfo »

...so you're saying 'Jimber' has officially bowed out now? Since they've done everything (hockey related) together for the last three years, why did they each resign individually?
Yes, it is a sad state of 'affairs' but a win/win for the Duluth players
Bensonmum

Post by Bensonmum »

This is WAY too much info....
WarriorHockey00

Re: Hockey Day in Minnesota 2010

Post by WarriorHockey00 »

Just a reminder, Hockey Day in Minnesota 2010 - Hermantown
January 23rd is tomorrow.

Duluth Marshall vs. Hopkins - 10:00 AM
Eden Prairie vs. Hermantown - 1:30 PM
Duluth vs. Proctor/Hermantown/Marshall - 4:30 PM

It's going to be a great day for Minnesota hockey, filled with 3 exciting, outdoor games.
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

Any predictions on the PHM / Duluth game? PHM won the first game 2-1.
hockey relic

Post by hockey relic »

JohnnyBuck wrote:Any predictions on the PHM / Duluth game? PHM won the first game 2-1.
Any details on this game?
SEhockeyDAD

hockey day game

Post by SEhockeyDAD »

I wouldn't take too much from this game. I watched some of it on TV and was disappointed for the players. It was snowing to the point of burying the puck from time to time. Awful conditions. PHM won 4-2, and from what I watched in the first period, was threatening to score much more than Duluth.
DHMN

Post by DHMN »

Definitely wasn't a game to REALLY take anything from concerning 7AA .. though it'll still be considered a game against each other, and BOTH teams did have to compete on the same ice.

Once they decided to clean the ice at TV timeouts Duluth carried a lot more of the play, at least from what I saw on TV. When the conditions were terrible .. it really showed just how good Julia Gilbert is, and she really earned her player of the game that FSN gave her.
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

It was definately a different game. Thought PHM just had more depth. Duluth's goalie is the real deal and kept them in the game despite the conditions. It was sad to see her dad chewing her out after the game for "playing a terrible game". Had his daughter in tears. Just a shame! I felt bad for the kid.
DHMN

Post by DHMN »

JohnnyBuck wrote:It was definately a different game. Thought PHM just had more depth. Duluth's goalie is the real deal and kept them in the game despite the conditions. It was sad to see her dad chewing her out after the game for "playing a terrible game". Had his daughter in tears. Just a shame! I felt bad for the kid.
Hate to say it, but that's the usual.
mnhockey123

Post by mnhockey123 »

DHMN wrote:
JohnnyBuck wrote:It was definately a different game. Thought PHM just had more depth. Duluth's goalie is the real deal and kept them in the game despite the conditions. It was sad to see her dad chewing her out after the game for "playing a terrible game". Had his daughter in tears. Just a shame! I felt bad for the kid.
DHMN- You could not be more incorrect. I'm sure you think you have seen a parent or five lose control in your day, but you honestly haven't seen anything until you've witnessed Turner's dad in action. Go check out a Northern Stars game sometime. Trust me, it won't take you long to figure out who he is. That guy has the final word on crazed sports parents.

*EDIT*...I now see you may have been saying that the post-game 'pep talk' in question is par for the course for a Duluth game.
DHMN

Post by DHMN »

mnhockey123 wrote:
DHMN wrote:
DHMN- You could not be more incorrect. I'm sure you think you have seen a parent or five lose control in your day, but you honestly haven't seen anything until you've witnessed Turner's dad in action. Go check out a Northern Stars game sometime. Trust me, it won't take you long to figure out who he is. That guy has the final word on crazed sports parents.

*EDIT*...I now see you may have been saying that the post-game 'pep talk' in question is par for the course for a Duluth game.
That's why I said 'that's the usual'.. it starts from the first drop of the puck and doesn't stop in public. I've known for over 2 years...
mnhockey123

Post by mnhockey123 »

DHMN wrote:
mnhockey123 wrote:
DHMN wrote: Hate to say it, but that's the usual.

That's why I said 'that's the usual'.. it starts from the first drop of the puck and doesn't stop in public. I've known for over 2 years...
Yeah. My mistake. I thought you were saying 'it's the usual' for parents to bark at their kids in the State of Hockey and were unaware of Duluth goalie parent guy's lack of control.
DHMN

Post by DHMN »

mnhockey123 wrote:
DHMN wrote:
mnhockey123 wrote: DHMN- You could not be more incorrect. I'm sure you think you have seen a parent or five lose control in your day, but you honestly haven't seen anything until you've witnessed Turner's dad in action. Go check out a Northern Stars game sometime. Trust me, it won't take you long to figure out who he is. That guy has the final word on crazed sports parents.

Yeah. My mistake. I thought you were saying 'it's the usual' for parents to bark at their kids in the State of Hockey and were unaware of Duluth goalie parent guy's lack of control.
CEC/Duluth at Heritage tonight.. so there's another round tonight.