2011-12 Open Coaching Positions

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

allhoc11

2011-12 Open Coaching Positions

Post by allhoc11 »

I started the thread last year, and it looks like some schools have started the search already.

Last year there were 26 coaching changes, it will be interesting to see what this off-season brings.

Title: Head Girls Hockey Coach
School: Academy of Holy Angels
Send Resumes to:
Deb Scheerz- AD assistant
6600 Nicollet Ave S
Richfield, MN 55423-2498 For More Info:
Ralph Halvorson
612-798-2634
rhalvorson@academyofholyangels.org
Deadline: March 1st Start: 2011-12 season
Description: Lead and direct a competitive high school program
ghshockeyfan

Re: 2011-12 Open Coaching Positions

Post by ghshockeyfan »

allhoc11 wrote:I started the thread last year, and it looks like some schools have started the search already.

Last year there were 26 coaching changes, it will be interesting to see what this off-season brings.
Here's the link to the thread from last year:

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22907

And some past years info.:
ghshockeyfan wrote:
allhoc11 wrote:That makes 4 so far, I know GHS used to put together a list of openings, and it seemed that about 20% of jobs opened each season. It seems like the turnover in girls has been down the last couple years, and up in boys, although I have no concrete data to support. It just seems more stable the past two off-seasons.
Here's the 2009 off-season thread for openings coming into the 2009-10 season:

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19699

Never really captured anything from the end of filling posiitons in 2007 (headed into 2007-8 thru the above)

And here was the thread with 2004-2007 openings (heading into the 2004-5 through 2007-8 seasons):

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9456

From 2004-2006:

2006 = 32 of 124 jobs opened this year (25.8%)
2005 = 25 of 122 jobs opened this year (20.5%).
2004 = 21 of 122 jobs opened this year (17.2%).

I haven't followed as closely, but the turnover seems to be down. This is good for the game.
mnhcp

GIRLS COACHING POSITIONS

Post by mnhcp »

Any NEW GIRLS COACHING POSITIONS OPEN?
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

Minneapolis Novas
allhoc11

Post by allhoc11 »

Night Train wrote:Minneapolis Novas
Is this posted anywhere? John Wareham has been at Mpls for many years, and has been a very good coach, and a great mentor to many young women. The game will miss him!
sneach13

Openings

Post by sneach13 »

Rochester John Marshall
mnhcp

Post by mnhcp »

THE LIST
1. Rochester John Marshall
2. Minneapolis Novas
3. AHA

(not confirmed or validated list)
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

From the MSHSL site.

Title: Minneapolis Girls Hockey Coach
School: Minneapolis Southwest High School
Send Resumes to:
John Washington- MPLS District AD
3414 West 47th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55410-1798 For More Info:
John Washington
612-668-0600
john.washington@mpls.k12.mn.us

Deadline: 3-25-11 Start: 4-15-2011
Description: Head Girls Novas Hockey Coach. Running the Varsity and JV program, overseeing the program and working with the 7 high school AD's. Must have: Current Head Coaching Certification, Knowledge of MPLS Hockey, High School Coaching experience
sneach13

Rochester

Post by sneach13 »

mnhcp wrote:THE LIST
2. Minneapolis Novas
3. AHA

(not confirmed or validated list)
Here is the link for Rochester:

http://k12jobspot.com/Jobs/?ID=189173
ghshockeyfan

East Ridge High School - Head Girls Hockey Coach

Post by ghshockeyfan »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Head Girls Hockey Coach
School: East Ridge High School
Send Resumes to:
Please apply online at www.sowashco.k12.mn.us – cl-
4200 Pioneer Drive
Woodbury, MN 55129 For More Info:
Trent Hanson
thanson3@sowashco.k12.mn.us

Deadline: April 14, 2011 Start: October, 2011
Description: East Ridge High School is seeking a dynamic, highly qualified candidate to serve as Head Girls Hockey Coach. Candidates are desired to have successful high school and/or collegiate level head coaching experience, and related successful experiences in educational leadership. Candidates should be experienced in building a comprehensive program, developing staff, and managing diverse program-wide elements in accordance with the East Ridge mission and vision. Finally, all candidates should have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and the commitment to develop and maintain positive relationships between the Raptor Girls Hockey program and the local community. A valid Minnesota coaching certificate (or alternative qualifications) is required.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ghshockeyfan

As of 07Mar2011

Post by ghshockeyfan »

2. Minneapolis Novas
3. AHA
4. East Ridge
allhoc11

Re: As of 07Mar2011

Post by allhoc11 »

ghshockeyfan wrote:1. Rochester John Marshall
2. Minneapolis Novas
3. AHA
4. East Ridge
interesting....maybe more odd or sad, that two of these were open last year as well.
shotpassskate

Post by shotpassskate »

Holy Angels has selected Jon Dundore as the new coach.
James B Mcbain

Post by James B Mcbain »

Delete
Last edited by James B Mcbain on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
sneach13

Jon Dundore

Post by sneach13 »

James B Mcbain wrote:
shotpassskate wrote:Holy Angels has selected Jon Dundore as the new coach.
Who's that?

Holy Angels names new head girls hockey coach
Richfield, Minn. — (March 15, 2011) The Academy of Holy Angels (AHA) has named Jon Dundore as its head girls hockey coach beginning with the 2011-12 season.

Dundore has served as assistant director of operations of the Minnesota section of Reebok Nationals AAA Hockey, as the head coach of the Minnesota girls under age 16 and girls under age 14 Reebok Nationals AAA Hockey, as head coach of Minnesota Super Series Hockey (in the Minnesota South girls under age 14 division), as head coach of Burnsville under age 12 A girls hockey, as head coach at several age levels of Minnesota Junior Stars AAA Hockey, and as head coach for Minnesota Selects Hockey (Minnesota South Girls under age 12 division).

Twelve of Dundore's former players went on to play Division I hockey in college and another 20 played in Division III.

“In my eyes, my true success can be seen more in the numbers of past players who have made it a point to keep me aware of their continued achievements, both on and off the ice, after they have departed my teams,” Dundore said. “They are aware that achieving a goal as a team is every bit as exciting and important as growing one’s individual statistics.”

AHA Principal Heidi Foley said, “We’re very excited to have Jon join AHA. He knows coaching and coaching female athletes. Jon’s intense focus on skill development, on and off the ice, will help us grow our girls hockey team and its success.”

Dundore attended Central Methodist University and the University of Missouri in Columbia and is the owner and president of LTS Leaderboard of the Twin Cities, a company which focuses on consulting for golf tournaments and other fund raising events. He lives in Burnsville.
Girls_Hockey_fan

coaching changes

Post by Girls_Hockey_fan »

allhoc11

Re: coaching changes

Post by allhoc11 »

Girls_Hockey_fan wrote:Add Chaska/Chanhassen to the list!

http://www1.stcloudstate.edu/joblisting ... rSort=Date
Interesting anyone know why its posted on SCSU site? That one was a bit of a surprise. Most you can see coming, anyone know why the old staff isn't coming back?
allhoc11

Post by allhoc11 »

2. Minneapolis Novas
3. AHA - Jon Dundore
4. East Ridge
5.Chaska/Chan
6. Bemidji
InigoMontoya

Re: coaching changes

Post by InigoMontoya »

allhoc11 wrote:
Girls_Hockey_fan wrote:Add Chaska/Chanhassen to the list!

http://www1.stcloudstate.edu/joblisting ... rSort=Date
Interesting anyone know why its posted on SCSU site? That one was a bit of a surprise. Most you can see coming, anyone know why the old staff isn't coming back?
I believe St Cloud State hosts the site for Education Minnesota.
woogieboogiewoogie

Post by woogieboogiewoogie »

Who will AHA hire after next season?
SportsMa

Post by SportsMa »

sneach13

AHA

Post by sneach13 »

woogieboogiewoogie wrote:Who will AHA hire after next season?
I say this in jest - whoever the parents decide.
MinnGirlsHockey

AHA

Post by MinnGirlsHockey »

woogieboogiewoogie wrote:Who will AHA hire after next season?
Wasn't last year's AHA coach hired on an interim basis only? I could be wrong, but thought I heard or read something like that last year.

I wonder if AHA has ever considered co-op'ing with Richfield, since neither currently has enough numbers for a JV team? They share the same facility of course, but maybe there are too many complications that would go along with that (private and public, different conferences, etc.). I'm not very close to either situation, please feel free to share any insights for me. Thanks.
Dirty Coaches

Re: Jon Dundore

Post by Dirty Coaches »

He'll be a great fit for AHA. Best work ethic out there.
sneach13 wrote:
James B Mcbain wrote:
shotpassskate wrote:Holy Angels has selected Jon Dundore as the new coach.
Who's that?

Holy Angels names new head girls hockey coach
Richfield, Minn. — (March 15, 2011) The Academy of Holy Angels (AHA) has named Jon Dundore as its head girls hockey coach beginning with the 2011-12 season.

Dundore has served as assistant director of operations of the Minnesota section of Reebok Nationals AAA Hockey, as the head coach of the Minnesota girls under age 16 and girls under age 14 Reebok Nationals AAA Hockey, as head coach of Minnesota Super Series Hockey (in the Minnesota South girls under age 14 division), as head coach of Burnsville under age 12 A girls hockey, as head coach at several age levels of Minnesota Junior Stars AAA Hockey, and as head coach for Minnesota Selects Hockey (Minnesota South Girls under age 12 division).

Twelve of Dundore's former players went on to play Division I hockey in college and another 20 played in Division III.

“In my eyes, my true success can be seen more in the numbers of past players who have made it a point to keep me aware of their continued achievements, both on and off the ice, after they have departed my teams,” Dundore said. “They are aware that achieving a goal as a team is every bit as exciting and important as growing one’s individual statistics.”

AHA Principal Heidi Foley said, “We’re very excited to have Jon join AHA. He knows coaching and coaching female athletes. Jon’s intense focus on skill development, on and off the ice, will help us grow our girls hockey team and its success.”

Dundore attended Central Methodist University and the University of Missouri in Columbia and is the owner and president of LTS Leaderboard of the Twin Cities, a company which focuses on consulting for golf tournaments and other fund raising events. He lives in Burnsville.
MinnGirlsHockey

Post by MinnGirlsHockey »

allhoc11 wrote:1. Rochester John Marshall
2. Minneapolis Novas
3. AHA - Jon Dundore
4. East Ridge
5.Chaska/Chan
6. Bemidji
I heard today that the St. Paul Blades' head coach is leaving for a college job. Don't see a new job posting yet, though. Can anybody confirm? Thanks.