East Grand Forks versus Thief River Falls

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

JohnnyBuck

East Grand Forks versus Thief River Falls

Post by JohnnyBuck »

Could be a preview of the section final. Would have loved to see this one. Anyone have any updates?
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

I know that the HUB said last night, but I believe it is on Saturday.
What is a Green Wave anyway?
Deathblow

Post by Deathblow »

Apparently the game was postponed until Jan. 31, due to a family issue in TRF.
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

Thanks. I was wondering what happened to that game. Looking forward to hear about the make up game. Hope all is okay with the family situation.
AAA Dad

Post by AAA Dad »

I find it interesting that this game was rescheduled to 2 days after what I believe is Section seeding day....A lot riding on the 1 seed in this section IMO as #2 will more than likely have to get past probable #3 Warroad. Hmmmmm.
chix_w_stix

Post by chix_w_stix »

Im sure thats exactly what they were thinking as they scrambled to get this game rescheduled after the tragic death of a team members brother......yeah lets make it for 2 days after the seeding meeting..... HMMMMMMM!!! see in northern MN we rally together and support each other in times of sorrow, not look for opportunities to make assumptions....
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

AAA Dad wrote:I find it interesting that this game was rescheduled to 2 days after what I believe is Section seeding day....A lot riding on the 1 seed in this section IMO as #2 will more than likely have to get past probable #3 Warroad. Hmmmmm.
I assume that No. 1 ranked TRF is favored to get the #1 seed, as things stand now? Then I wonder why the EGF coach and AD would agree to the date change, given that they as the #2 seed will likely have to play Warroad in the semi, as you say? Sounds like they might not have thought this through very carefully, or could there be some other reason?
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

From someone who knows players and parents on the EGF's team all I can say is "class'. Maybe the fact that someone tragically lost a family member superceded the hockey game. If that is the case then my hats off to EGF. Either way they are both great hockey teams and deserve to play in the big city. All I can say is it will be nice to see a team from 8A make it to the show the old fashion way.
chix_w_stix

Post by chix_w_stix »

JohnnyBuck wrote:From someone who knows players and parents on the EGF's team all I can say is "class'. Maybe the fact that someone tragically lost a family member superceded the hockey game. If that is the case then my hats off to EGF. Either way they are both great hockey teams and deserve to play in the big city. All I can say is it will be nice to see a team from 8A make it to the show the old fashion way.

Spot on!
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

JohnnyBuck wrote:Maybe the fact that someone tragically lost a family member superceded the hockey game.
Well that certainly does supercede a hockey game and section seeding considerations. And like you said 'hats off' to EGF for agreeing to the scheduling change.
northfan

Post by northfan »

They would not play a section game after the seeding meeting.
AAA Dad

Post by AAA Dad »

northfan wrote:They would not play a section game after the seeding meeting.
What are you saying? Who would not play a section game after seeding???
northfan

Post by northfan »

Section 8a--The EGF/TRF game. Do you really think it would be played after the seeding?
AAA Dad

Post by AAA Dad »

northfan wrote:Section 8a--The EGF/TRF game. Do you really think it would be played after the seeding?
Seeding is done on Wednesday is it not? Does 8A do their seeding later???
northfan

Post by northfan »

i don't know when the meeting is but common sense is the teams would not be seeded before a section game. I'm sure every section seeding meeting does not have to be at exactly the same time.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

chix_w_stix wrote:Im sure thats exactly what they were thinking as they scrambled to get this game rescheduled after the tragic death of a team members brother......yeah lets make it for 2 days after the seeding meeting..... HMMMMMMM!!! see in northern MN we rally together and support each other in times of sorrow, not look for opportunities to make assumptions....
And it's KINDA ridiculous to say that "northern Minnesota" supports each other in times of "sorrow." I'm pretty confident in saying that our schools and associations would do the same thing. I'd even go so far as saying 99.9% of all MN teams would, even at the highest levels. So kudos to EGF for doing the right thing, but don't pat yourself on the back so hard you can't see that everyone else would do that too. Just sayin'.
And deepest sympathies to the TRF families and team.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

[/quote]And it's KINDA ridiculous to say that "northern Minnesota" supports each other in times of "sorrow."

Never, you never back down from an opportunity to get a dig in. Your snarky opinion on everything runs the line from juvenile to just plain idiocy. Of course people up north support each other. We're a small community of hicks that you folks down in the big city love to poke fun of, whether it's our undeserving participation at state, our lack of talent or in this case our reaching out to a community who suffered a loss that we all felt. If your head was any bigger we'd have to enter you in Macy's. (No offense to Bighead). We are different than you folks in Wayzata, and we like it that way. Disrespect us on our own turf and we'll punch you in the teeth. Whether you're a ranger, a Jack or Sled Head from Thief, we look out for our own. Sorry, but you can't say that about you back-biting suburbanite silver-spooners that would eat your own mother the first sign of a Chipotle closing. Give it a rest. Your embarrassing yourself AGAIN.
powerplayer

Post by powerplayer »

Quote from nevertoomuchhockey: So kudos to EGF for doing the right thing, but don't pat yourself on the back so hard you can't see that everyone else would do that too. Just sayin'.

Wow, Nevertoomuchhockey, you say something nice and then Wham...the "but" comes in. Pathetic, you are! :roll:
AAA Dad

Post by AAA Dad »

pepperpot wrote:
Whether you're a ranger, a Jack or Sled Head from Thief, we look out for our own. Sorry, but you can't say that about you back-biting suburbanite silver-spooners that would eat your own mother the first sign of a Chipotle closing. [/quote]

Pepper
You have every right to jump all over NTMH for his poorly worded message.
I think what he meant was that he sees rallying to support people in times of great sorrow or loss is not something specific to TRF or small town USA and I agree. Whether it is the tragic loss of a brother of a TRF player or the devastating loss of a young father of a Minnetonka player I feel most Minnesotans rally to help and support....For you to insult the entire TC Metro population as you did is as bad as the thoughtless nature of comments you accuse NTMH of in my opinion.

As a person that spends a lot of time in Northern MN yet reside in the Metro area I will say that neither area holds a monopoly on moral character!

I had no idea about the death of the young man from TRF when I posted about questioning the reschedule date of the much anticipated rematch between #1 TRF and #2 EGF. I believe most that use this forum did not as well. "Family Issue" was listed on this thread with no follow up. I saw that TRF game schedule continued 5 days later and I saw that it looked like about 6 dates that neither team played before what I assumed was section seeding.

Turning this into a war between the Hockey communities in the Metro area and small town MN is ridiculous! You have probably met a lot of A-holes in the city but there are plenty everywhere! Peace!
sinbin

Post by sinbin »

AAAdad, agreed that the support and fraternity (and sorority, so as not to be sexist) of the entire Minnesota hockey community is much more powerful than any perceived regional differences or claims of moral superiority. We all rally with each other when called to do so and refuse to let petty differences stand in the way of our joint respect for and love of the game.
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

And does anyone have any insight on THE GAME coming up between EGF and Thief? Should be a good one :lol:
powerplayer

Post by powerplayer »

AAA Dad and Sinbin very well stated. Thank you!
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

powerplayer wrote:AAA Dad and Sinbin very well stated. Thank you!
I agree with you PowerPlayer. There is no need to attack each other. And its far worse when you apply your feelings against one person, whether right or wrong, against an entire population. Well, unless of course you want to throw the entire Lake Conference under the bus. :D :D
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

"For you to insult the entire TC Metro population as you did is as bad as the thoughtless nature of comments you accuse NTMH of in my opinion"

AAA- maybe I wasn't clear enough. I didn't refer to the metro as a whole and never stated that the entire metro population was a member of the entitlement crowd. My back-biting-silver-spooner comment wasn't intended to paint all of the metro into the same corner either. It was aimed at the pretentious little twits that relate our area to nothing more than hockey serfdom. If you read Nevers posts, he consistently likes to make jabs at the norths talent, as though we don't deserve to be in the same room as the rest of the state. Let's face it, a lot of the silver-spooners in the metro feel the same way. It's a common opinion I read on this blog. Never loves his glorious Wayzata program until his kid doesn't get the playing time he "deserves", then it's off to payforhockey academy. I view his kind as the biggest hypocrites and frankly he makes me sick. BTW Never, I don't have the same skin in the game as you. My kids are done. I have a niece and a nephew who are still playing. I did my time. Now I support girls and boys hockey from afar. I love the fact that my public school kids had the chance to experience the sport I grew up on, playing countless hours outside in the frigid north cold. they deserved there chances to go to state. Anyone who thinks that the metro should have a monopoly on inclusion because they are SO much better or are more deserving will get the same response from me every time. Like it or lump it. I don't give a dump.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

Hmmm... My glorious Wayzata and my pay for Academy. You have no idea what you are saying. Again.
This has never been about you and I. If you read more of my posts you'd see I definitely support teams all over the state and often give MORE credit to the outstate teams and players because its often a tougher road. For the kids and families.
But for you to read into my point about the care and concern shown by EGF to TRF as not being an anomoly of the north... Well you are going to think what you want.