Achiever Academy ineligible girl players?

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Bulldog3489

Post by Bulldog3489 »

Isn't this closer to Striptease, with Achiever Academy as the cheating Burt Reynolds Congressman, and the MSHSL the good-hearted stripper/Demi Moore?
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

Thevoiceofreason wrote:As NTMH mentioned Achiever as been under the microscope as no other team all season long.
There was an outcry from the start by coaches, especially coaches from the prominent programs in Class A and Section 4A that had there eyes on a probable State Championship appearance and or 1st place finish..
Extra scrutiny was given to Achievers roster from the start especially after a Goalie wanted to move after fall scimmages to join Achiever and the coach from old program filed a complaint with the MSHSL. The goalie was deemed ineligible as well as a top Senior player on the team as well as a few others. The rest were all approved as all the required documentation by the league was in order.
Then came the long investigation of the coach including player and parent affidavits over recruiting violations and other accusations. That investigation concluded and no wrong doing was proved despite all the coaches complaints.
Now come these allegations of potential ineligible players brought on by a complaint that started with a SPA Dad.

The MSHSL promised this school a team and I think that they regret it now because it has had "The ESTABLISHMENT" fired up all season long since the initial announcement. No one incuding the MSHSL expected this group of girls to do so well this year and upset so many and that has added gas to the coals that have been smoldering all year.

The "gate keepers" of the MN State High School League I believe have been looking for a reason to bounce this team for a while. I dont know if they have a legitimate reason to do so or not but I sense they would like to make peace with "THE ESTABISHMENT"

If these 11 hour accusations were against one of the boys or girls established powerhouses do you think they would have gained any traction. I think not.

This senario reminds me of the 1997 movie GI Jane

If you recall the female Sentator allows a woman Lt O'Neil (Demi Moore), to be the 1st woman to try to go through the SEAL program. She did it mostly for policial points from women voters. When O'Neil advances much more than the Sentator anticipated and was on the verge of making it all the way to completion O'Neil is sabbotaged by the senator herself.

When O'Neil found out the true extent of the traitorism she asked why!??

The Senator says

"Truthfully, I never expected you to do so damn well! I figured you would ring out in a few weeks".........

The Senator heard the outcry from the military "ESTABLISHMENT" and was willing to throw GI Jane under the bus to make amends!
Nice movie anecdote.
But do you really blame MSHL league for researching the allegations after the roster changed from the start of the season? Or do you blame the parent who turned in AA - not because they were doing something wrong but to improve his own kids chances? I'm confused.
If there was nothing of substance here against AA it would have been resolved already and Hub wouldn't be writing articles about it and we wouldn't be talking about it.
And the "money" you claim the poor-loser parent brings to the mix - whhaaaattt? What exactly is he funding? How do you even know who blew the whistle on alleged cheating? Maybe MSHL follows the AA girls on twitter. Or did the St. Paul parent post it on his facebook?
MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter »

Thevoiceofreason wrote:As NTMH mentioned Achiever as been under the microscope as no other team all season long.
There was an outcry from the start by coaches, especially coaches from the prominent programs in Class A and Section 4A that had there eyes on a probable State Championship appearance and or 1st place finish..
Extra scrutiny was given to Achievers roster from the start especially after a Goalie wanted to move after fall scimmages to join Achiever and the coach from old program filed a complaint with the MSHSL. The goalie was deemed ineligible as well as a top Senior player on the team as well as a few others. The rest were all approved as all the required documentation by the league was in order.
Then came the long investigation of the coach including player and parent affidavits over recruiting violations and other accusations. That investigation concluded and no wrong doing was proved despite all the coaches complaints.
Now come these allegations of potential ineligible players brought on by a complaint that started with a SPA Dad.

The MSHSL promised this school a team and I think that they regret it now because it has had "The ESTABLISHMENT" fired up all season long since the initial announcement. No one incuding the MSHSL expected this group of girls to do so well this year and upset so many and that has added gas to the coals that have been smoldering all year.

The "gate keepers" of the MN State High School League I believe have been looking for a reason to bounce this team for a while. I dont know if they have a legitimate reason to do so or not but I sense they would like to make peace with "THE ESTABISHMENT"

If these 11 hour accusations were against one of the boys or girls established powerhouses do you think they would have gained any traction. I think not.

This senario reminds me of the 1997 movie GI Jane

If you recall the female Sentator allows a woman Lt O'Neil (Demi Moore), to be the 1st woman to try to go through the SEAL program. She did it mostly for policial points from women voters. When O'Neil advances much more than the Sentator anticipated and was on the verge of making it all the way to completion O'Neil is sabbotaged by the senator herself.

When O'Neil found out the true extent of the traitorism she asked why!??

The Senator says

"Truthfully, I never expected you to do so damn well! I figured you would ring out in a few weeks".........

The Senator heard the outcry from the military "ESTABLISHMENT" and was willing to throw GI Jane under the bus to make amends!
You forgot to add "with all due respect".

Welcome back, old friend.
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

Just waiting for Pepperpot's response to NTMH. I am sure he will take exception to his outrageous post. 8)
Nevertoomuchhockey

Feel free to point out what you consider "outrageous."
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

Rumor is WCCO is sending a news crew to the school to get the inside story. They have been driving around the Cities all morning. Can someone provide directions or the school's address? :D
AAA Dad

Post by AAA Dad »

Bulldog3489 wrote:Isn't this closer to Striptease
Did you really use this comparison to a situation involving 13-17 year old girls??
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

Yo, settle down NTMH. My post about your "outrageous" post was just a little tongue and cheek. Just looking forward to your big brother's post as he never passes an opportunity to remind you that he is the more knowedlegable one aobut girls hockey. :P
Nevertoomuchhockey

Alright alright. Your tongue in cheek was a little too far in cheek.
faceisoff

Re: Achiever Academy ineligible girl players?

Post by faceisoff »

faceisoff wrote:Does anyone know about the rumors of AA having ineligible players and something about this information going to the High School League?
My mom always told me to watch what you ask for! With all this said, people should be calling or e-mailing the MSHSL to see if they are looking into this. IF there is substantiation to the info, a determination should be made before more teams are harmed or say all is good and play on!

I sent my email, here is the email address for the MSHSL Executive Director: David Stead, dstead@mshsl.org
AAA Dad

Re: Achiever Academy ineligible girl players?

Post by AAA Dad »

faceisoff wrote:
faceisoff wrote:Does anyone know about the rumors of AA having ineligible players and something about this information going to the High School League?
IF there is substantiation to the info, a determination should be made before more teams are harmed or say all is good and play on!

2 great posts. 1st introduces yourself with a moniker that is a play on a headline about AA that wasn't published anywhere yet then 2nd is a quote of yourself!
D6 Girls Fan

Post by D6 Girls Fan »

Seriously, you guys should sell popcorn. I haven't seen a movie this entertaining in years. And all this Demi Moore talk has made me look up renting "Disclosure"...
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

The latest rumor is the studetns at Achiever Academy are staging a walkout today in protest of the MSHL investigating the report of an illegal player. One walked out of Rogers, One out of Breck, One out of St. Louis Missouri, one out Hayward Wisconsn, one out of.................... :D
MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter »

JohnnyBuck wrote:The latest rumor is the studetns at Achiever Academy are staging a walkout today in protest of the MSHL investigating the report of an illegal player. One walked out of Rogers, One out of Breck, One out of St. Louis Missouri, one out Hayward Wisconsn, one out of.................... :D
I like it. For you sir... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB3tOGiZ6UM
Bulldog3489

Post by Bulldog3489 »

AAA Dad wrote:
Bulldog3489 wrote:Isn't this closer to Striptease
Did you really use this comparison to a situation involving 13-17 year old girls??
Because the movie where Demi Moore helps get the weapons-grade plutonium out of Libya is closer to this situation?
powerplayer

Post by powerplayer »

MN_Bowhunter wrote:
JohnnyBuck wrote:The latest rumor is the studetns at Achiever Academy are staging a walkout today in protest of the MSHL investigating the report of an illegal player. One walked out of Rogers, One out of Breck, One out of St. Louis Missouri, one out Hayward Wisconsn, one out of.................... :D
I like it. For you sir... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB3tOGiZ6UM
:D
Marty

Post by Marty »

AA owner spoke with some confidence after his meeting with MSHSL last Friday. Saying all the right things. Holding the two girls out would have only help escalate doubt of their eligibility. They appear to be here for the long haul.

I suspect that the MSHSL will not make a decision too quickly. These officials hope that SSP will end the issue with a win in the Section 4A final. :wink:

Sometimes the easiest (best???) decision is one that decides itself before any action is needed.
MinnGirlsHockey

Post by MinnGirlsHockey »

Marty wrote:AA owner spoke with some confidence after his meeting with MSHSL last Friday. Saying all the right things. Holding the two girls out would have only help escalate doubt of their eligibility. They appear to be here for the long haul.

I suspect that the MSHSL will not make a decision too quickly. These officials hope that SSP will end the issue with a win in the Section 4A final. :wink:

Sometimes the easiest (best???) decision is one that decides itself before any action is needed.
It looks like SSP lost to SPU in OT tonight.

Here's a new Hub article on this:
http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news_ar ... id=1089383
Bulldog3489

Post by Bulldog3489 »

Marty wrote:AA owner spoke with some confidence after his meeting with MSHSL last Friday. Saying all the right things. Holding the two girls out would have only help escalate doubt of their eligibility.
I'll buy that if the players at issue are not the top 3ish players. I have no idea.
MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter »

Congratulations to United and Catherine Johnson, who was phenomenal in nets tonight. Whatever happens, they are the true Section 4A champions and deserve to be at state. They overcame a reffing crew that dished out power plays to SSP like Palmquist was paying them, then gutted out an amazing victory.

Let's hope the league does the right thing with Cheater Academy, home of the Aces...4 in the deck and one up each sleeve.
MinnGirlsHockey

Post by MinnGirlsHockey »

Bulldog3489 wrote:
Marty wrote:AA owner spoke with some confidence after his meeting with MSHSL last Friday. Saying all the right things. Holding the two girls out would have only help escalate doubt of their eligibility.
I'll buy that if the players at issue are not the top 3ish players. I have no idea.
Since the current AA owners were not the owners when the AA varsity roster was certified, I'm wondering how they can be quite so confident....unless they have a very good paper trail.

Here's an excerpt from the latest article:
Craig Perry, league associate director who oversees student eligibility, said he received the e-mail but “sent it to our legal counsel” and declined to comment further. The league’s bylaws hold member schools “completely and solely responsible to certify” that students meet all eligibility requirements.

The high school league forwarded the e-mail to Achiever and is awaiting the school’s response.

School officials say the e-mail included some information not discussed with the league Friday but said in a statement that Achiever “exceeded the rules of the league with regard to verifying eligibility” and is not pursuing it further.

“We determined them eligible,” Achiever co-owner Tom Forsythe said in an interview. “We don’t feel we have any obligation to do anything else.”

The statements in bold seem to contradict each other. I assume that AA will be obligated to respond to today's inquiry by the MSHSL in a timely manner?
AAA Dad

Post by AAA Dad »

MN_Bowhunter wrote:Congratulations to United and Catherine Johnson, who was phenomenal in nets tonight. Whatever happens, they are the true Section 4A champions and deserve to be at state. They overcame a reffing crew that dished out power plays to SSP like Palmquist was paying them, then gutted out an amazing victory.

Let's hope the league does the right thing with Cheater Academy, home of the Aces...4 in the deck and one up each sleeve.
What the hell did u have your eyes on tonight! SPU stole a win from a better preforming team tonight!! Puck luck is all that got your squad the W!... I thought LGRP sent you a radon detector to prevent these mental lapses !!

You hope somebody can step in and save you from your sure dimise on Thursday! Hope your crew paid the piper!
AMERICAN

Post by AMERICAN »

The League will definitely want a quick response from AA. My hunch is that the League's lawyer might have a good question or two for the AD, coach, new owners, and parents of AA. The new owners better hope that their predecessor paid the insurance premium before they skipped town.
D6 Girls Fan

Post by D6 Girls Fan »

What's the KRACH and SOS for the AA and United legal teams? Talk about your heavyweight fights.... Gotta believe it's some of the finest legal advice available.

"Let's see, your assessment this year is for jackets, some extra ice, two pizza parties and 200 billable hours with the legal team"
MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter »

I feel bad for the families at AA that apparently followed the rules and didn't try to lie and cheat their way to state, they must really be steaming right now.

I bet both of them will be demanding their 13 grand back. :lol: