Achiever Academy ineligible girl players?

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BluehawkHockey

Post by BluehawkHockey »

wolfman wrote:I think all the AA girls will be ruled free agents and free to go to any school that will take them. It will be to big of a mess to send them back to the school where they last played because some have moved. They will get the same privilages that a 9th grader gets. Just my opinon. Should be a feeding frenzy by the bigtime programs (coaches) for a few of the kids.
I don't think any of them (except the 7th and 8th graders) will be allowed to play varsity anywhere in MN even if they move. You have to be with a school for a year before being able to play varsity. Since this is the end of the year, those girls are screwed. I don't believe the MSHSL will make any exceptions to the rules for them. Especially if the school is still there.

I hope for the girls sake that the AD and coach are fired. And that AA continues to exist with a new AD and coach. The girls deserve to play. Although some won't be able to play varsity there if they are still ineligible today. You have to get a year in before you can play varsity unless you are in incoming 7th/8th/9th grader.

Massively poor decisions by their parents.
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

DubCHAGuy wrote:
JohnnyBuck wrote: ACHIEVERS PARENT ·

"Chris promised my husband and daughter a state championship in 2014"
Sounds a bit like recruiting if this 'promise' was made before this girl was enrolled. I wonder if upset parents will disclose any other violations.

Sad deal for MSHSL.
I highly doubt this comment on the Star Trib is authentic. I'm sure it was just someone stirring the pot. Three posters called them out on the site and there was no reply from them. "Promised" a State Championship. Seriously?????
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

AMERICAN wrote:Truth and justice does exist my friends- just remember to have the courage to fight for what's right. I am truly sorry that AA took advantage of these innocent children and committed fraud and misrepresentation to many of their parents. I am sorry for both Sibley and Mahtomedi and had hoped that they could have been saved by the harm since to powers at be had the information necessary make their decision. I feel bad for the League in that they put their trust in people and got duped in this case. They jobs should be promoting the great sport of hockey in Minnesota- not worrying about stuff like this. Well, that's it for you guys hearing from AMERICAN for awhile. Gotta get onto the next case.
Don't forget the SPU girls. They're affected too. They're the ones who have to live the rest of their lives with an asterisk by their Section Championship. I wonder if the whistleblower thought of that?????
Last edited by Froggy Richards on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hockey_rocker

Post by hockey_rocker »

Well, flag #1 MSHSL two players from St Louis, one from WI.
DUH do you think we should look into this?
That's not rocket science.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

Are you serious? That would be true of any team scheduled against AA tonite. Give them some credit.

And if you've been reading along, there were numerous "whistleblowers" all season that got the standard MSHL and AA "self-certification" reply. Blame the league for not investigating this earlier based on single complaints here and there. It took thousands of emails and calls to force them to do their job here.

And IMHO, the girls who were eligible should be able to return to their former team or wherever if this was their 9th grade or lower year. The ineligible players should have to sit or at least play jv next year. See my earlier post but petitions and lawyers already working on behalf of these kids. How's that recruitment campaign going? The new parent owners have grounds for a lawsuit too.
Winter is Coming

Post by Winter is Coming »

BluehawkHockey wrote:
wolfman wrote:I think all the AA girls will be ruled free agents and free to go to any school that will take them. It will be to big of a mess to send them back to the school where they last played because some have moved. They will get the same privilages that a 9th grader gets. Just my opinon. Should be a feeding frenzy by the bigtime programs (coaches) for a few of the kids.
I don't think any of them (except the 7th and 8th graders) will be allowed to play varsity anywhere in MN even if they move. You have to be with a school for a year before being able to play varsity. Since this is the end of the year, those girls are screwed. I don't believe the MSHSL will make any exceptions to the rules for them. Especially if the school is still there.

I hope for the girls sake that the AD and coach are fired. And that AA continues to exist with a new AD and coach. The girls deserve to play. Although some won't be able to play varsity there if they are still ineligible today. You have to get a year in before you can play varsity unless you are in incoming 7th/8th/9th grader.

Massively poor decisions by their parents.
They can be eligable to compete at the varsity level if they have been at the school for a year, so if the problem is how soon they started to play varsity after moving or split moving to the school then they are ok on day 366 after they moved to AA to go to school. That is with or without a parent moving with the kid. They go into a JV only pool that first year that they are at the school and bide their time, or are supposed to anyhow if they are going to follow the rules to the letter.
AMERICAN

Post by AMERICAN »

Froggy- You are correct and thanks for pointing out the harm also caused to SPU. The SPU girls have lost out on the opportunity to play tonight in front of an arena packed full of their friends, teachers, moms, dads, grandma's, grandpa's and lots of others having a great time. Lots of innocent victims due to actions of the authority of AA. That why I was begging for this to be done last week after the evidence was given to the ones in power. Unfortunately, the powers at be refused to mitigate the harm when they learned the facts.

If any of you want the completely true story (rather than the bits and pieces from the media and amateur commentators on the subject) I'd be happy to type up the closing argument I would have given to the jury in the case over the weekend.

This forum should be giving all the credit for exposing the FRAUD of AA. You were the friendliest group I've dealt with this past week. Thanks guys and see you at the rink!
Nevertoomuchhockey

Of course we want the closing argument, especially knowing AAs "conviction" is assured. Did the thousands of calls and emails really all stem from this board? Thanks for standing up for 4A and every other team whose seeding was impacted by bogus losses to a bogus team.
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

Man! This blows up my class A state tournament bracket. Can I get a redo? :lol:
BluehawkHockey

Post by BluehawkHockey »

The girls from in the state may be ok eligibility wise. Assuming the school stays in business. Those out of state girls won't be ok until their parents move into the state. I hope the mshsl doesn't take AA's word for it next year.
AMERICAN

Post by AMERICAN »

Ok Boys and Girls- AMERICAN'S blood pressure is boiling again! I just read the article in the Pioneer Press and I'm pissed!

DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD YOU HEAR FROM ANY COWARD WHO IS BEING QUOTED BITCHING ABOUT ANYTHING- THEY KNEW ALL THIS BEFORE THE SECTION TOURNAMENT BEGAN BUT DID NOT HAVE THE BALLS TO STOP IT EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD THE CONNECTIONS TO DO SO WHICH AMERICAN & COMPANY DID NOT HAVE.

All we had was this GREAT forum for the little guys to be heard. I will include all the TRUTH in my closing argument to be sent out by the end of the weekend. I will call any and everyone out who tries to BS anyone of us in the meantime!
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_251 ... -sectional

"MSHSL executive director Dave Stead said he was aware of sentiment to replay the sectional but that the MSHSL board has set a precedent 'to not advance the team that has been defeated in an earlier round of play, even if the team that has defeated them has forfeited. Stead declined to comment further."

I hope he sticks to his guns!

No. 3 seed SPU beat No. 2 seed SSP head-to-head in the semi, so IMO they've earned to right to go.
Flin Flon

Post by Flin Flon »

Serves all the parents right.. don't feel a bit sorry for them.. Kids on the other hand is a different story its not their fault they have over zealous parents and coaches and so called administration and teachers who are try to make a quick buck by praying on parents starvation to win at a game.. they really need to consult with Marvins in Warroad to learn to do it right.. :lol:
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Where is AAA dad now?? Where are all the achiever supporters now?? I feel awful for the kids getting caught up in this mess, but shows that things aren't always greener on other side.

I don't feel sorry for CP at all. He could careless about the kids. All he cares about is making himself look good. Well nice job on this one.

Maybe whinny will have the guts to can his butt from OS and the whitecap program.
glovesareoff

Post by glovesareoff »

Very sad for the kids... Just wondering how many of these girls will be transferring schools in the next few weeks? My guess is the parents are not going to be willing to spend big $$$ for tuition over the last few months of the year if they already know they won't be returning...
57special

Post by 57special »

I'm not that concerned about the girls either, except for them having to put up with unethical parents and school staff. They aren't children anymore, but well on the way to being adults. They knew what was going on was wrong and an attempt to stack the deck in their favor.

Good riddance to the whole bunch.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I agree, see ya Cheater Academy!
badgermom78

Post by badgermom78 »

Tigers33 wrote:Where is AAA dad now?? Where are all the achiever supporters now?? I feel awful for the kids getting caught up in this mess, but shows that things aren't always greener on other side.

I don't feel sorry for CP at all. He could careless about the kids. All he cares about is making himself look good. Well nice job on this one.

Maybe whinny will have the guts to can his butt from OS and the whitecap program.
Is this the same CP that coached at Breck?
MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter »

I don't know, I'm going to miss them. I really enjoyed the friendly banter between us. I'm pretty sure Letsgetrealpeople had a crush on me, and to be honest, her crafty wordplay was a bit of a turn-on. I've always considered myself a better than average wordsmith (as well as a bit of a swordsman), I feel we may have been a perfect match.

Your melancholy bellows catch my eye.
Only darkness without light..
Two ships passing in the night...

Farewell, my love
Nevertoomuchhockey

badgermom78 wrote:
Tigers33 wrote:Where is AAA dad now?? Where are all the achiever supporters now?? I feel awful for the kids getting caught up in this mess, but shows that things aren't always greener on other side.

Is this the same CP that coached at Breck?
Yes
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

badgermom78 wrote:Is this the same CP that coached at Breck?
Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:Yes
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I recall he went from:

Eden Prairie (assistant coach) to Hopkins (assistant coach), then from Hopkins to BSM (assistant coach), then from BSM to Breck (head coach), and then on to AA (head coach).
Last edited by MNHockeyFan on Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
BP

Post by BP »

Are the boys being investigated as well? There is at least one that wouldn't fit the eligibility rules. The old addage....when you see one mouse in the house, there are more.
Marty

Post by Marty »

AMERICAN wrote:Ok Boys and Girls- AMERICAN'S blood pressure is boiling again! I just read the article in the Pioneer Press and I'm pissed!

!
South St. Paul girls hockey coach Dave Palmquist, whose team lost to St. Paul United in the Section 4A semifinals, said a movement is underway to re-seed the sectional and play it Friday, Saturday and Monday.
Dave's team had his chance. If they would have won Tuesday night his team would be back at the state tournament.
Marty

Post by Marty »

MN_Bowhunter wrote:I don't know, I'm going to miss them.

Farewell, my love

It will be interesting to see if AA can recover. Only a couple seniors so they can regroup and be ready for a state run next year. As some noted on this thread or another, most rules that were violated will no longer apply come next fall. The penalty is not life time - just one year. Clock resets before the start of the next season.

Prairie Seeds Academy (quoted in the soccer example) was right back in the State Tournament one year later ... at the higher classification level too.

Maybe SPA should be recruiting those AA 7th and 8th graders to come over to a real brick and mortar school. :wink: Build their program while helping pull the rug from next year's section foe. :shock:
Last edited by Marty on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goalie-Dad

Post by Goalie-Dad »

57special wrote:I'm not that concerned about the girls either, except for them having to put up with unethical parents and school staff. They aren't children anymore, but well on the way to being adults. They knew what was going on was wrong and an attempt to stack the deck in their favor.

Good riddance to the whole bunch.
Come on 57special . . . like it or not, these are teenage girls. Teenage girls are just concerned with guys, getting the drivers license, and preventing acne. They are not initially malicious or trying to cheat the system, they are doing whatever mom or dad is telling them to do.