Tis the Transfer season...

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Knight7

Post by Knight7 »

Irondale to St. Paul United. Player's family moved to area.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

old goalie85 wrote:Huge addition in FL. She will be top player on the team

That's saying a lot, it's already a pretty good team. If you don't want to name names can you say where she's coming in from?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

She's here. Roseau. Has a younger sister as well. Skated with Vantassel, and Kolbow all summer. [nolen was out for personal reasons] FL should have two solid lines. Add Castle,Valley, thats 6 good forwards, Remington in the net maybe top goalie in the conference.
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

Knight7 wrote:Irondale to St. Paul United. Player's family moved to area.
Interesting move for a senior, surely all the forum members that preach staying and playing with team and classmates are grinding their teeth..
Good luck to her

New coach,new experienced players makes one think that SPU is still smarting and desperate not to lose to SSP again

Other move rumors:
Roseville,WBL to HM
Superior to Tartan
Nevertoomuchhockey

nu2hockey wrote:
Interesting move for a senior, surely all the forum members that preach staying and playing with team and classmates are grinding their teeth..
Good luck to her

New coach,new experienced players makes one think that SPU is still smarting and desperate not to lose to SSP again

Other move rumors:
Roseville,WBL to HM
Superior to Tartan
A lot of questions here: In order of these above comments -
Did SSP graduate their goalie? You said 1 Irondale to United, then said new experienced playerS. Miss something/someone? What happened with their state tourney coach?
Superior WI to Tartan? Has to be unrelated to hockey?
Lots of talk about Duluth and Cloquet mass exodus at Intl. this weekend. Superior included in that, Pepper?
Blake bringing up a few awesome > 9th graders?
HM definitely going for the 3 peat. D1 commits keep coming. (Speaking of which, would be great to see an updated '16 and '17 list to include what went on this summer. 36?)
CYA to Lakeville South?
Are any younger (uncommitted) Revolution girls returning to MSHSL teams since they can't play Tier 1?

Maybe we all hashed this out earlier, but does a transfer require change of address if it's INTO a private school (after 9th.) Assume yes. (Assuming is dangerous...)
Torn between preseason hockey excitement, lazy days at the cabin nearing the end, and my oldest kicking off the empty nest.
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:
nu2hockey wrote:
Good luck to her

Other move rumors:
Roseville,WBL to HM
Superior to Tartan
Rumor has the meyers sisters to CDH though there might be an eligibility issue. What is going to happen to revolution?

A lot of questions here: In order of these above comments -
Did SSP graduate their goalie? You said 1 Irondale to United, then said new experienced playerS. Miss something/someone? What happened with their state tourney coach?
Superior WI to Tartan? Has to be unrelated to hockey?
Lots of talk about Duluth and Cloquet mass exodus at Intl. this weekend. Superior included in that, Pepper?
Blake bringing up a few awesome > 9th graders?
HM definitely going for the 3 peat. D1 commits keep coming. (Speaking of which, would be great to see an updated '16 and '17 list to include what went on this summer. 36?)
CYA to Lakeville South?
Are any younger (uncommitted) Revolution girls returning to MSHSL teams since they can't play Tier 1?

Maybe we all hashed this out earlier, but does a transfer require change of address if it's INTO a private school (after 9th.) Assume yes. (Assuming is dangerous...)
Torn between preseason hockey excitement, lazy days at the cabin nearing the end, and my oldest kicking off the empty nest.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

nu2hockey wrote:
Good luck to her

Other move rumors:
Roseville,WBL to HM
Superior to Tartan
Those aren't rumors from what I heard at the rink this weekend. A top line Roseville forward and 5-6 WBL U14 girls are going to the Pioneers.

Roseville is getting gutted this offseason.
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

I didn't hear anything about Superior, WI moving...they only had like 10 or 12 kids on varsity last year.
2 Duluth to Proctor.
1 cloquet left for Hermantown in February, but rumor on street MSHSL denied the petition and she is not allowed to play her senior year.
panpan111

Post by panpan111 »

Those aren't rumors from what I heard at the rink this weekend. A top line Roseville forward and 5-6 WBL U14 girls are going to the Pioneers.

Roseville is getting gutted this offseason.
Roseville Senior transfer is not a top line forward. Will be lucky to make the squad. WBL kid (if she comes) will help in the future.
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

old goalie85 wrote:She's here. Roseau. Has a younger sister as well. Skated with Vantassel, and Kolbow all summer. [nolen was out for personal reasons] FL should have two solid lines. Add Castle,Valley, thats 6 good forwards, Remington in the net maybe top goalie in the conference.
Don't Forget they have a deep group of 8th graders coming down the pipe. Could have a 3rd line/penalty killers of 8th graders that could get valuable experience.
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

SSP goalie graduated...replacement has lots of potential(6'4" )
SPU said goodbye to Cole..new coach in place
Farmington going to SSM
Mad Cap girl playing with Woodbury in summer scrimmages

Roseville numbers appear down but don't know how they are gutted by losing one player, maybe more are leaving

I don't know if a 12-12 team would be considered good or strong..Average at best would be my thought..the influx of 1 player would help some
Nevertoomuchhockey

6' 4''! Wow. How old is she?
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

nu2hockey wrote:SSP goalie graduated...replacement has lots of potential(6'4" )
SPU said goodbye to Cole..new coach in place
Farmington going to SSM
Mad Cap girl playing with Woodbury in summer scrimmages

Roseville numbers appear down but don't know how they are gutted by losing one player, maybe more are leaving

I don't know if a 12-12 team would be considered good or strong..Average at best would be my thought..the influx of 1 player would help some
Yes, more than one player is leaving, along with the usual graduation losses (all-conference defender, long-time GK).
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

What is going on in WBL that so many are leaving?
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

Mavs wrote:
Looked at WBL u-14 roster if the kids are who I think they are all their parents are HM grads.
zambonidriver

I don't know if a 12-12 team would be considered good

Post by zambonidriver »

I think they have top 5 coming back add her then you are solid top six. As most of us know most girls programs have 1 great line 1 ok line and 1 JV line.
FL will have lot's of depth as they retain most of their kids. Will be interesting to see if He keeps any 8th graders. Word is that they go back to 14's if they are not going to skate a reg V shift.
jg2112

Re: I don't know if a 12-12 team would be considered good

Post by jg2112 »

zambonidriver wrote:I think they have top 5 coming back add her then you are solid top six. As most of us know most girls programs have 1 great line 1 ok line and 1 JV line.
FL will have lot's of depth as they retain most of their kids. Will be interesting to see if He keeps any 8th graders. Word is that they go back to 14's if they are not going to skate a reg V shift.
That is an interesting quandary. Those rising 8th graders just won state at U12, and I'd suspect they'd be the favorites to win U14 this season.
Pucksnprayers

Post by Pucksnprayers »

zambonidriver wrote:
Mavs wrote:
Looked at WBL u-14 roster if the kids are who I think they are all their parents are HM grads.

Hill Murry should be solid for years to come as I see it, good through at least 2020. How do the other private schools stack up?
Nevertoomuchhockey

Whenever I've taken notice of an incredible young skater this summer, they seem to be at Blake.
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

Pucksnprayers wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
Mavs wrote: What is going on in WBL that so many are leaving?

Hill Murry should be solid for years to come as I see it, good through at least 2020. How do the other private schools stack up?
That must be quite a program. Solid through the year when the 8th graders are seniors, 7th graders are juniors, 6th graders are sophomores. That's a lot of middle school talent to already be lining up at the gate.
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

Pucksnprayers wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
Mavs wrote: What is going on in WBL that so many are leaving?

That must be quite a program. Solid through the year when the 8th graders are seniors, 7th graders are juniors, 6th graders are sophomores. That's a lot of middle school talent to already be lining up at the gate.
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:Whenever I've taken notice of an incredible young skater this summer, they seem to be at Blake.
I would say Blake is loaded Wethington made the U-18 National team Blake and Breck seem to be part of the OS pipeline. Don't forget about CDH if the Meyers sisters eligibility issues get cleared up they will be a force also. Would be nice to see a conference of CDH, Blake, Breck, BSM, HM, SPU,
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

zambonidriver wrote:
Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:Whenever I've taken notice of an incredible young skater this summer, they seem to be at Blake.
I would say Blake is loaded Wethington made the U-18 National team Blake and Breck seem to be part of the OS pipeline. Don't forget about CDH if the Meyers sisters eligibility issues get cleared up they will be a force also. Would be nice to see a conference of CDH, Blake, Breck, BSM, HM, SPU,
Frankly, add in the Rochester school and the Duluth school (am I right that there's a Duluth private school), and that should be a state tournament. They're playing by a different set of rules than the public schools.

And I'm not saying what the privates are doing is a bad thing. The only thing I dislike is that it's taking a lot of talented kids from other schools, where they could get lots of playing time and create a more competitive winter girls' hockey environment. But it is their (parents') choice.
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

jg2112 wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
Frankly, add in the Rochester school and the Duluth school (am I right that there's a Duluth private school), and that should be a state tournament. They're playing by a different set of rules than the public schools.

And I'm not saying what the privates are doing is a bad thing. The only thing I dislike is that it's taking a lot of talented kids from other schools, where they could get lots of playing time and create a more competitive winter girls' hockey environment. But it is their (parents') choice.
You could also add Holy Angels conceivably you could have 3-4 teams from that mythical conference in State Tourney and you might have a champ with a sub 500 record.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

zambonidriver wrote:
jg2112 wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:I would say Blake is loaded Wethington made the U-18 National team Blake and Breck seem to be part of the OS pipeline. Don't forget about CDH if the Meyers sisters eligibility issues get cleared up they will be a force also. Would be nice to see a conference of CDH, Blake, Breck, BSM, HM, SPU,

You could also add Holy Angels conceivably you could have 3-4 teams from that mythical conference in State Tourney and you might have a champ with a sub 500 record.
Yes, Holy Angels, Totino-Grace as well. I forgot a couple.