Elite League Care and Feeding

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

Sounds like the argument whether it be a skater or goalie, a few players in Elite League are "interchangeable" with a few others?? As we have all heard before "that statement is to obvious to require elaboration"!

Of course the list is not perfect, and few up north kids may be missing do to less familiarity or exposure and yes a few may get in because of "who they know".

I do know there were tryouts, but we all know since we were mites they are unfair right??? Listen, in any scenario 90% of the list is correct and 10% will always be argued. We don't know why some girls are not here, choice, volleyball, softball, travel, etc.

I will agree with some, it you are going to point out kids that don't belong, it would be nice to know who the ones that should are.
mnhockeyguy2014

Post by mnhockeyguy2014 »

MN_Bowhunter wrote:
There are a lot of kids I would consider as good if not better than some of the kids on these elite rosters, but they play for high schools that don't compete well.
Inigma: this is where lot's came from. Do the math.
The Bone

Post by The Bone »

A quick look at the Girls Elite League site and I see that the majority of games completed now have results posted.
Props to the Elite League for getting up to date!
Thank you!
sinbin

Post by sinbin »

InigoMontoya wrote:
OK so now it is one kid that was clearly passed up and not "lots" like your earlier post.
I didn't go to math school, but I count 5.
Good thing you could do that on one hand, Señor Montoya. Not picking on you here. :)

Stats are notoriously inaccurate, either inadvertently or intentionally. Some give a goalie a save if the puck passes through the slot or hits off a pipe. Others give both a goal and an assist to the same player. Others give assists to someone sitting on the bench. None of these are made up, folks. Goals are a little harder to pad then assists or saves, but the player who plays the game the right way will often end up with plenty of assists; it's a shame that it's such a specious statistic.
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

mnhockeyguy2014 wrote:
MN_Bowhunter wrote:
There are a lot of kids I would consider as good if not better than some of the kids on these elite rosters, but they play for high schools that don't compete well.
Inigma: this is where lot's came from. Do the math.
You'd seem a lot funnier if you'd pay even a little bit of attention to what you're typing. You said now it's one kid, however, Bow listed 5 names.

I don't care if you completely disagree with somebody, but at least quote the guy correctly, when it's typed right there for all of us to see. And, on a more personal note, if you're going to insinuate that I'm stupid, you'd better come with something intelligent to say, rather than more of the same.
mnhockeyguy2014

Post by mnhockeyguy2014 »

InigoMontoya wrote:
OK so now it is one kid that was clearly passed up and not "lots" like your earlier post.
I didn't go to math school, but I count 5.

MN Bowhunter at end of quote

"You can call that sour grapes or whatever you want, but I've seen a lot of these kids play and most of the "elite" goalies are interchangeable with the ones I mentioned and I would argue ONE of the kids I mentioned (not mine) is better than most if not all of them."

Do you see the ONE now Inigma?? Unreal!

Even simpler... He 1st said "a lot of kids better"... then listed 5 names of comparables... then ended with "one better"