Girls High School Tier 1 19U & 16U Rankings

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

greybeard58

Post by greybeard58 »

CW,
You might want to double check the registration rules for both USA and Mn Hockey. I believe for games to count the roster must be signed off(not frozen) for games to count towards the game count to qualify for Nationals. Also Mn Hockey does not allow a player to be on two rosters such as a 14u or 16u or 19u with out being removed from the first roster and added to the other roster. If this is not done the player in ineligible, the game could be forfeit. This is not like high school where players can move from roster to roster the same night.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

royals dad wrote: The Herb Brooks mantra about the wider base of the pyramid making the top higher, it is strictly a numbers game and in that Minnesota wins. I think this is exactly why people get so riled up about Tier 1 and open enrollment in the sport. When you start to consolidate the star players you will inadvertently weaken the base and eventually the top. There will be years when SSM or Mission or whoever walks away with this and years with results like this but at the core it is exactly what we needed a chance to consolidate the top talent and play other top teams in a way that still allows for a the huge base that keeps Minnesota girls hockey strong. Thanks to everybody, volunteers or paid who got it this far and who keep making it better. Almost time to pick teams and drop the puck on the HS year.
Excellent, royals dad - couldn't agree more with everything you said here.
Iceburg

Post by Iceburg »

Looks like the locals had some success in Detroit.

The Black Team wins the gold medal game and White loses the bronze medal game in the U19 division.

The U16 team that the Elite League sent wins the bronze medal game in the younger division.

http://www.usacanadacup.com/
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

It's so quiet I kind of wish 2dads6screennames was still posting.
Or not.
So there were two 19u hockey showcase tourneys in Detroit this weekend? How did they decide who went where? Shattuck and Blades here. BE and Elites over here. Anyone know?
And for the athletes who play on more than 1 before/after team, who did they play for and did those rosters spots get filled or left empty (if they played elite or vice versa)? I'm assuming those elite teams didn't take in subs.

And congratulations!
observer

Post by observer »

Congrats! They won the tourney last year too. Overall, the Minnesota girls are better than the Canadian girls. More speed and more skill overall.

The Minnesota teams, made up from the elite league teams, have never practiced, not even once, and beat established Tier 1 teams that in some instances have played together since they were 12s. Clearly the Minnesota girls were again the class of the field.
panpan111

Post by panpan111 »

What were the results for the Revolution 19U this weekend???
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

Great job from the Elite teams
They do practice together every Wed during Elite season
Hansonbrother

Post by Hansonbrother »

nu2hockey wrote:Great job from the Elite teams
ya, well, according to the Kool Aid, it's really too bad that none of these HS Elite kids will have a good chance at playing D1...you know, cuz Tier 1 hockey is the only way to go and typically those are the only kids that colleges will look at... yup too, too bad
Nevertoomuchhockey

I'm sure 36guy knows more accurately, but I'd guess 80% of the black/red/white elite teams are already committed. And had been for a long while before the season. I definitely don't claim to know the situations for each kid, but the only kid (that I know of) that got recruited from elites this season was already a likely d1 player based on out state showcases. I know there were injury concerns too so maybe they wanted to check her comeback before they showed her the $$.

Don't get upset and think I'm saying there isn't a value in this league. Quite the opposite. But I do think is not a big component for junior and senior college choices.

But if the recruiter who's in town to watch his existing signings gets a chance to see the younger teams.... And great players can help get doors opened for their teammates and programs.

And as far as not practicing or playing together, I wouldn't say that is entirely correct. Many or most of these girls have played on so many teams (together and against each other) the last 10 years, they have confidence in one another. Add that to the unselfishness they play with - well I don't think the learning curve is very high. Add to that the fact that at any given game or weekend every team is bringing in subs.

Am I wrong? Any commitments come out of elite r/b/w that weren't at least in play pre-season?
Nevertoomuchhockey

Hansonbrother wrote:
nu2hockey wrote:Great job from the Elite teams
ya, well, according to the Kool Aid, it's really too bad that none of these HS Elite kids will have a good chance at playing D1...you know, cuz Tier 1 hockey is the only way to go and typically those are the only kids that colleges will look at... yup too, too bad
O:)
AAA Dad

Post by AAA Dad »

Iceburg wrote:Looks like the locals had some success in Detroit.

The Black Team wins the gold medal game and White loses the bronze medal game in the U19 division.

The U16 team that the Elite League sent wins the bronze medal game in the younger division.

http://www.usacanadacup.com/
The 16 MN Elite team in USA/Canada Cup was not an elite league team but rather mostly Winny's OS 2000 team with a couple 2000 Blades and 1 or 2 99 girls. That team and Revolution U16 both went 4-1. Nice work!
AAA Dad

SSM home tourney

Post by AAA Dad »

Good Tier 1 hockey going on this weekend in Faribault. SSM hosting their annual home tournament. Some very good Canadian teams coming down for this one. MN Revolution U19 and U16 teams are filling in for a team that had to cancel late. Should be fun!
panpan111

Re: SSM home tourney

Post by panpan111 »

AAA Dad wrote:Good Tier 1 hockey going on this weekend in Faribault. SSM hosting their annual home tournament. Some very good Canadian teams coming down for this one. MN Revolution U19 and U16 teams are filling in for a team that had to cancel late. Should be fun!
Hopefully the 19U team can represent MN Tier 1 hockey better than they did in Detroit...
AAA Dad

Re: SSM home tourney

Post by AAA Dad »

panpan111 wrote:
AAA Dad wrote:Good Tier 1 hockey going on this weekend in Faribault. SSM hosting their annual home tournament. Some very good Canadian teams coming down for this one. MN Revolution U19 and U16 teams are filling in for a team that had to cancel late. Should be fun!
Hopefully the 19U team can represent MN Tier 1 hockey better than they did in Detroit...
Were you there? Did they let you down? They did have a 1-3-1 record in Detroit I believe. They had a tuff time scoring in that tourney despite some strong play which can happen. Many very good well established teams to compete against. I think the squad is doing good so far for a 1st year Tier 1 team. Think they are currently ranked 9th Nationally
panpan111

Post by panpan111 »

AAA why so sensitive? It's laughable how some on this forum react to an opinion, observation, or question...that's what this forum is all about!
Deep breathe...I want to make sure I don't offend you but I am curious where I would find a schedule for the weekend? No motive here, just curiosity.
U10Father

Post by U10Father »

Again, this is not Minnesota Girls High School Hockey. Can we move this to AAA?
panpan111

Post by panpan111 »

This page is Tier 1 High School Hockey 16U & 19U isn't it?
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

panpan111 wrote:This page is Tier 1 High School Hockey 16U & 19U isn't it?
Yes the page (thread) is about Tier 1 16U and 19U programs, but it belongs in the AAA Hockey Forum. These Tier 1 teams have no ties to Minnesota high schools, which is what this Minnesota Girls High School Hockey Forum is all about.
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

There are two high schools playing in different
leagues than the MSHS LEAGUE. The thread is legitimate, just as it is on the BOY'S HS forum.

Furthermore, if any thread doesn't interest you it is very simple.....

Don't open it and read it,

it is as easy as that

Really, it is
panpan111

Post by panpan111 »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
panpan111 wrote:This page is Tier 1 High School Hockey 16U & 19U isn't it?
Yes the page (thread) is about Tier 1 16U and 19U programs, but it belongs in the AAA Hockey Forum. These Tier 1 teams have no ties to Minnesota high schools, which is what this Minnesota Girls High School Hockey Forum is all about.
Hey MNHockeyFan...Represent your handle! BTW... I am glad you figured out how to use the Bold font function!
AAA, HS, Tier 1&2 are all a part of Girls Hockey in MN! I think it's great the Girls game in MN has matured to offer options for Metro & Outstate Girls! Support the game and the girls regardless of where they decide to play. :D
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

panpan111 wrote:AAA, HS, Tier 1&2 are all a part of Girls Hockey in MN!

So are U10, U12 and U14 but there is a separate forum ("Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey") for those girls, who also do not play for a high school!
panpan111 wrote:I think it's great the Girls game in MN has matured to offer options for Metro & Outstate Girls!
I agree, options and choice are good, but AAA/Tier 1 is not the same as high school, they never play each other, etc. which is why they have separate forums. It's not that complicated!
panpan111

Post by panpan111 »

So are U10, U12 and U14 but there is a separate forum ("Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey") for those girls, who also do not play for a high school!
Hmmm...my closing argument would be they play hockey in MN at the "High School" level. This is not the MSHSLHockeyForums. Like nu2 said...don't click on it! It's not that complicated!
RailingWizardofOZ

Post by RailingWizardofOZ »

panpan111 wrote:
Hmmm...my closing argument would be they play hockey in MN at the "High School" level. This is not the MSHSLHockeyForums. Like nu2 said...don't click on it! It's not that complicated!
How many times do we need to have the same discussion?! I have no real issue for or against the conversation on Tier 1, although I am personally annoyed when I read the inaccurate arrogant defensive responses when people try to bring up to post comment on the correct thread.

Quit making the stretch that all is fair and fine because they play at the “High School” level therefor its HS hockey. Schools that compete at the High School level against other High Schools in MN have joined and are part of the MSHSL, youth teams are part of MN Hockey, and Tier 1 & 2 (whether they have a school or not) CHOOSE to play in that format and have joined their league. If a youth topic was posted on the HS side, people would comment for it to be moved as well, but not because they are against youth hockey in MN!! If a topic about girls’ hockey was posted on the boys’ forum, they would comment for it to be posted in the appropriate area. If a topic was posted on the boys side regarding say a trade, roster or games at the junior level, the same reply’s would come….and to no surprise, if someone started to post comments on a Tier 1 forum about “big games of the week” for the MSHSL, what do you think those responses would be?....but hey, it still girls High School hockey right?!

Take the additional step within your own advice…..if you don’t like what someone says back to you, then don’t respond. Maybe send a private message to Karl and request a new page on the site for Tier 1 hockey and all can go back to being right with the world. Stop being a Tier 1 hockey martyr.
Nevertoomuchhockey

And a rousing "for he's a jolly good fellow" for that reply from Railing.
RailingWizardofOZ

Post by RailingWizardofOZ »

RailingWizardofOZ wrote:
panpan111 wrote:
How many times do we need to have the same discussion?! I have no real issue for or against the conversation on Tier 1, although I am personally annoyed when I read the inaccurate arrogant defensive responses when people try to bring up to post comment on the correct thread.

Quit making the stretch that all is fair and fine because they play at the “High School” level therefor its HS hockey. Schools that compete at the High School level against other High Schools in MN have joined and are part of the MSHSL, youth teams are part of MN Hockey, and Tier 1 & 2 (whether they have a school or not) CHOOSE to play in that format and have joined their league. If a youth topic was posted on the HS side, people would comment for it to be moved as well, but not because they are against youth hockey in MN!! If a topic about girls’ hockey was posted on the boys’ forum, they would comment for it to be posted in the appropriate area. If a topic was posted on the boys side regarding say a trade, roster or games at the junior level, the same reply’s would come….and to no surprise, if someone started to post comments on a Tier 1 forum about “big games of the week” for the MSHSL, what do you think those responses would be?....but hey, it still girls High School hockey right?!

Take the additional step within your own advice…..if you don’t like what someone says back to you, then don’t respond. Maybe send a private message to Karl and request a new page on the site for Tier 1 hockey and all can go back to being right with the world. Stop being a Tier 1 hockey martyr.
To clarify, my response was not towards MNHockeyFan, it was towards the others upset at those which ask you to post on the proper area.