Girls High School Tier 1 19U & 16U Rankings

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

D6 Girls Fan

Post by D6 Girls Fan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:30 pm

I think the people who post that info here are doing it for one of two reasons:
1) Their kid has left high school and they still want to get attention for their kid while she plays Tier 1
or
2) They have some stake in the operation/ownership of a Tier 1 team and they know they'll get more attention here than they would on their own page.

Look, we all want our kids to get credit for what they do, and we all think that wherever they're playing is the best option for their daughter. This forum, however, is about MINNESOTA GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY. That's not hard to understand. This thread isn't even about what it started out to be anymore, it's more of a discussion about where the thread should be placed. If that doesn't tell you that it's off-topic, I don't know what does.

pepperpot

Post by pepperpot » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:39 pm

All of this is yappity yap is coming from the Cheater parents and staff that is trying to legitimatize their super-awesome-pay-for-hockey-and-learn-from-online-"teachers"-hockey-day-care. Bleh. Flush it to the AAA page. The forum is for MSHSL participants. It's bad enough the cheaters high jacked the forum last year. Now their doing it again. Maybe we should just bump every other subject to the top and intentionally sink the wounded tier babies. Or Lee could do what is obvious and move them.

NSH17

Post by NSH17 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:05 am

RailingWizardofOZ, pepperpot, MNHockeyFan, why don't you guys along with several others go find your blankie and nookie. It's clear that these girls that play for Shattuck or the Revolution are HS Girls playing hockey in MN. I can't believe you waste the time trying to group them in with AAA or type this anti Tier 1 garbage. You also might want to check the D1 rosters.... there is a very small percentage of MN high school girls on them anymore. Do the math, watch the level of play and don't click on it if you don't want to read it... try another topic that glorifies mediocrity.

Sinceerly,
Ex High School Coach

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:39 am

NSH17 wrote:You also might want to check the D1 rosters.... there is a very small percentage of MN high school girls on them anymore.
Sorry NSH17, but you lost all credibility with this incredulous false statement. Minnesota produces far more D1 players than any other state, each and every year, and nearly all of them go straight to D1 after graduating from MSHSL-sanctioned teams. It's totally ridiculous to claim otherwise.

Nevertoomuchhockey

P

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:36 am

NSH17 wrote:RailingWizardofOZ, pepperpot, MNHockeyFan, why don't you guys along with several others go find your blankie and nookie. It's clear that these girls that play for Shattuck or the Revolution are HS Girls playing hockey in MN. I can't believe you waste the time trying to group them in with AAA or type this anti Tier 1 garbage. You also might want to check the D1 rosters.... there is a very small percentage of MN high school girls on them anymore. Do the math, watch the level of play and don't click on it if you don't want to read it... try another topic that glorifies mediocrity.

Sinceerly,
Ex High School Coach
Glorifies mediocrity... Now that is rich.

No one (except maybe pepper) is anti-Tier 1. We are anti-considering Tier 1 hockey as high school hockey. If for no other reason that some of these girls are not in high school! Many not from MN! Completely different academic and athletic standards. Not better, not worse. Different.
Look back through the history of this board. Discussions of SSM are few and far between. Why would Revolution be any different? Why would you care if there was a dedicated Tier 1 board? No worries, enough of us will still read it. :lol:

Until AA or BE has proven its model and established a track record of D1 commitments, it is laughable to say the "school" or hockey program are college puck feeders. The two who've announced college commitments recently would have gotten there with or without BE. And until Rev has the reputation of a school like SSM and is turning away players instead of recruiting, it is impossible to assess the pros and cons of their systems.

I hope they are successful. I hope the girls game continues to grow - whether it's MSHL, Tier 1, AAA, or MN Made.

But it's pretty beyond ridiculous to blow your horn and trumpet your superiority on a high school girls forum filled with parents whose kids are having even greater or equal success in a traditional format.

When you have a 98 commit Ivy as a sophomore, let us know. (Blake)
When you have an entire team commit D1 or D3, go ahead and brag. (19u Blades AAA)
When you have even one of your players who had never been looked at or considered by college scouts before coming to your program get the big time scholarship, you will begin to be credible.

At least you've got Lets Play Hockey in your corner. I see they are featuring you again....

In conclusion, I encourage you to poll your players about this topic. I guarantee that when asked what high school they play for they specifically point out that it's TIER 1, not HIGH SCHOOL.

nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:20 am

A couple of things..

I would disagree that these are not high school teams.
As for some of the kids not being from Mn , they live here longer per year than the numerous snowbirds that flock south. I know it is splitting hairs , but, that is what some posters are trying to do when complaining that the forum is for only MSHS LEAGUE .
That is plainly not the case but some want to feel that way.

Why does every conversation come down to D1 this or commitment that? I personally don't give a damn about that. I like the girls game and i would hope all of those posting
enjoy it also.

The MSHS LEAGUE games and the Tier 1 games are alot of fun to watch. We follow a couple of east side teams and SSM through close friends' daughters . We attend games every week and with a bag of popcorn it's better than going to the movies. There is one common theme at the games ....high school girls playing hard and parents and grandparents watching.

Hope we see you at the rink

RailingWizardofOZ

Post by RailingWizardofOZ » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:24 am

NSH17 wrote:RailingWizardofOZ, pepperpot, MNHockeyFan, why don't you guys along with several others go find your blankie and nookie. It's clear that these girls that play for Shattuck or the Revolution are HS Girls playing hockey in MN. I can't believe you waste the time trying to group them in with AAA or type this anti Tier 1 garbage. You also might want to check the D1 rosters.... there is a very small percentage of MN high school girls on them anymore. Do the math, watch the level of play and don't click on it if you don't want to read it... try another topic that glorifies mediocrity.

Sinceerly,
Ex High School Coach
You obviously didn’t read what I had said, or didn’t comprehend. Nowhere in my post did I say anything against Tier 1. In fact, one of my first comments was that I do not have a position for or against the comments regarding Tier 1. I don't care that I see it, my issue was regarding the defensive arrogance and diluted statements those are using to defend their position(like "they are HS girls playing hockey in MN, "if you don't like it, don't open it", "go grab your nookie and blankie"), which you completely did with your response.

Look on the first page of the site you will see all the forums listed (MN High School Hockey – boys, MN High School Hockey- girls, MN Youth Hockey – boys, MN Youth Hockey – girls, MN Jr. Gold, MN JV, AAA Hockey and so on). Jr Gold is HS aged boys playing hockey in MN too, so why have a separate page? Obviously there has not been a need up to this point for an actual page for girls Tier 1 hockey, so on this particular site you probably feel this is the only place to have those discussions. Again, if we took the MSHL big games of the week contest to a Tier 1 site, would anyone there say to move it to the proper site?

AGAIN, I do not have any issues with Tier 1, stop playing the martyr and call a spade a spade…..it’s not a king because it is in the same box! Stop deflecting the facts by bringing in other topics to the real issue like you did in your reply about D1, math and whatever else you were trying to say. There are also other people on here that are ex HS & College coaches, and current HS & College coaches as well, so that does not bring any credibility to your point on this subject, only accurate facts do that.

There’s a reason God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth. Listen to what someone is saying rather than trying to misquote them as you did with me. If you don’t understand ask, and I’d be more than happy to define my point and position again in a different way to help you understand.

drop the puck

Re: P

Post by drop the puck » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:06 pm

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote: When you have an entire team commit D1 or D3, go ahead and brag. (19u Blades AAA)
Most AAA teams player composition consists of a small core group of players and then another set of players that come and go. Imagine the U19 blades would be able to get most young ladies to play for them if recruited.

Questions on this U19AAA team

how many current players were on the team as 10s, 12s, and 16s ?

While D3 hockey is a nice accomplishment - I know of many young women that play D3 hockey that did not play a game out of state, played little AAA hockey as a youth, some were cut from their section advance teams, etc...

IVY, a few D1 teams and all D3 are non-scholarship college hockey. Recruiters may like to have parents think they are getting a deal, but in reality they would have received the same financial aid package as a player or just a student. At IVY schools though, it may mean the difference between acceptance and rejection.

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:44 pm

You missed the point completely. And I don't care enough to try to explain AGAIN.