Girls High School Tier 1 19U & 16U Rankings

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Coachk

Post by Coachk »

mnhockeyguy2014 wrote:The debate has been great! Now back on topic.....

Nice work girls at BE last weekend in the 5 games to move up the rankings.

I see SSM Prep had weekend off but face Black , Red and White Elites this weekend at SSM. 16U SSM faces Royal, Sky and Grey. Great hockey down in Faribault this weekend. Lots of scouts will surely be on hand like last weekend at Fogerty ...... Then comes the NIT the following weekend that will be more great match ups for 3 full days with many out of state teams joining the MN teams..... then following is big Bash in Detroit!
2 Nations and USA-Canada Cup tourney's both going at once. Many MN girls going to Motor City! 48 19U teams and 41 16U/17U teams plus 14U brackets between 2 tourneys! Awesome! Lots to discuss!!
When is the 2 Nations?
mnhockeyguy2014

Post by mnhockeyguy2014 »

Coachk wrote:
mnhockeyguy2014 wrote:I was going to ask if the T-breds ever beat Chicago Fury in a series that would give Coach cause to scoff at early start but I think Coyote answered that.
Thanks
Really. nice bash of a Minnesota team with 8 skaters and a goalie. Everyone of those girls represented Minnesota very well with their guts and determination as they faced bigger stronger teams all season long. Many coaches commented as to their guts. I would think it would be better for others to tell you how great you are without having to point it out all the time yourself. I don't know why I even read this forum. All people love to do is talk up how everything Minnesota is perfect and the rest of the county is clueless. I think its so sad that you would say things about a Minnesota team, especially since they don't even exist anymore. When BE puts the amount of players in college hockey the Thoroughbreds have, then they can brag.
Bash kids? absolutely not. I questioned what I saw as a scoff of BE beating Chicago Fury and Team Wisc U19 team in series plus doing fine in elite league vs Royal, Sky and Grey. Nothing more.

I would question the adults that entered a team with 8 skaters and a goalie into a tier 1 schedule. I'm sure there were excellent reasons for that and you don't need to explain them to me.

I think all 3 of AA's Seniors from last year are going to play Tier 1. One went to Union this year and 2 more going to Brown and UMD next after playing a post grad year so they are off to a good start there. (Sorry to disprove NTMH's take on the AA experience being a blemish on the AA Seniors. College coaches LOVE last years AA and Tier 1 models.)
You can bet many more to follow from BE grads.
Peace
CoyoteWheels

Just stated the record and the rank.

Post by CoyoteWheels »

Coachk wrote:
mnhockeyguy2014 wrote:I was going to ask if the T-breds ever beat Chicago Fury in a series that would give Coach cause to scoff at early start but I think Coyote answered that.
Thanks
Really. nice bash of a Minnesota team with 8 skaters and a goalie. Everyone of those girls represented Minnesota very well with their guts and determination as they faced bigger stronger teams all season long. Many coaches commented as to their guts. I would think it would be better for others to tell you how great you are without having to point it out all the time yourself. I don't know why I even read this forum. All people love to do is talk up how everything Minnesota is perfect and the rest of the county is clueless. I think its so sad that you would say things about a Minnesota team, especially since they don't even exist anymore. When BE puts the amount of players in college hockey the Thoroughbreds have, then they can brag.
CoachK,

My intention was to just state the record and the rank (just the facts)! I'm sorry if you are saddend by that action and I did not intend to inpune your squad. Just looking for comparisons from last year to this year.

Can't we all just love one another:)😄
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Wow. BE and SSM are High Schools. If they offer grades 9-12, it's a High School! They don't play in the Minnesota State High School LEAGUE. Their hockey teams play in a Tier 1 LEAGUE. Labels like Prep, Boarding, Charter, etc. are just that, a type of High School. So, whatever. Quit nitpicking. BTW, your hockey ranking love fest is ridiculous. They list a whole bunch of teams that aren't even USA Tier 1 teams. It is completely meaningless. As much clout as saying your kid plays on a AAA team. Random mumbo jumbo garbage that has nothing to do with a real ranking, so why get your panties in a bunch about it? Certainly not worthy of beating your chest over it! And can we please quit whining about the silver spooners that want to justify spending $120,000 to try and get their daughter a commitment to a bigwig ivy league school? They'll spend at least that in tuition costs in addition to what they paid to have CP become their best bud. Whose the dummy then? The family who takes advantage of the great educational system we have in Minnesota, plays with the kids she grew up with, goes off to State School U and plays hockey? Or the private school helicopter parents filling Suzy's head with aspirations of being the first female to practice with a NHL team (because Dad never made the cut at Bantams or Mom didn't make cheer team)? I think all privates should be on their own. End the argument by eliminating them from the greatest dance in the USA. We'll see how much they like it then.
Coachk

Post by Coachk »

mnhockeyguy2014 wrote:
Coachk wrote:
Thanks
Bash kids? absolutely not. I questioned what I saw as a scoff of BE beating Chicago Fury and Team Wisc U19 team in series plus doing fine in elite league vs Royal, Sky and Grey. Nothing more.

I would question the adults that entered a team with 8 skaters and a goalie into a tier 1 schedule. I'm sure there were excellent reasons for that and you don't need to explain them to me.

I think all 3 of AA's Seniors from last year are going to play Tier 1. One went to Union this year and 2 more going to Brown and UMD next after playing a post grad year so they are off to a good start there. (Sorry to disprove NTMH's take on the AA experience being a blemish on the AA Seniors. College coaches LOVE last years AA and Tier 1 models.)
Peace
Well it is now obvious that BE has the perfect model, coach and players to supply the nations D1 teams with players for years to come. Such success in such a short time is amazing. Opps, threw up alittle in my throat. Never been a huge MN girls high school hockey fan, but I am getting there.
CoyoteWheels

Wow im sorry for your loss!

Post by CoyoteWheels »

pepperpot wrote:Wow. BE and SSM are High Schools. If they offer grades 9-12, it's a High School! They don't play in the Minnesota State High School LEAGUE. Their hockey teams play in a Tier 1 LEAGUE. Labels like Prep, Boarding, Charter, etc. are just that, a type of High School. So, whatever. Quit nitpicking. BTW, your hockey ranking love fest is ridiculous. They list a whole bunch of teams that aren't even USA Tier 1 teams. It is completely meaningless. As much clout as saying your kid plays on a AAA team. Random mumbo jumbo garbage that has nothing to do with a real ranking, so why get your panties in a bunch about it? Certainly not worthy of beating your chest over it! And can we please quit whining about the silver spooners that want to justify spending $120,000 to try and get their daughter a commitment to a bigwig ivy league school? They'll spend at least that in tuition costs in addition to what they paid to have CP become their best bud. Whose the dummy then? The family who takes advantage of the great educational system we have in Minnesota, plays with the kids she grew up with, goes off to State School U and plays hockey? Or the private school helicopter parents filling Suzy's head with aspirations of being the first female to practice with a NHL team (because Dad never made the cut at Bantams or Mom didn't make cheer team)? I think all privates should be on their own. End the argument by eliminating them from the greatest dance in the USA. We'll see how much they like it then.

Pepperpots,

Sorry someone wronged you and took your dignity and self respect away! let me know if there is anything we can do for you here on the forum. You have our love and support!

Can't we all just love one another! 😄
Last edited by CoyoteWheels on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotMuchToSay

Post by NotMuchToSay »

This conversation/thread is pretty much getting ridiculous!
CoyoteWheels

Post by CoyoteWheels »

Coachk wrote:
mnhockeyguy2014 wrote:
Coachk wrote: Really. nice bash of a Minnesota team with 8 skaters and a goalie. Everyone of those girls represented Minnesota very well with their guts and determination as they faced bigger stronger teams all season long. Many coaches commented as to their guts. I would think it would be better for others to tell you how great you are without having to point it out all the time yourself. I don't know why I even read this forum. All people love to do is talk up how everything Minnesota is perfect and the rest of the county is clueless. I think its so sad that you would say things about a Minnesota team, especially since they don't even exist anymore. When BE puts the amount of players in college hockey the Thoroughbreds have, then they can brag.

Peace
Well it is now obvious that BE has the perfect model, coach and players to supply the nations D1 teams with players for years to come. Such success in such a short time is amazing. Opps, threw up alittle in my throat. Never been a huge MN girls high school hockey fan, but I am getting there.
CoachK,

Really? After all the years you coached tier 1 hockey you are throwing in the towel simply because I put one seasons rank and record on this forum. Gotta fight a little harder for the things in life you believe in dont you?

Can't we all just love one another? 😄
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

C'mon coachk! Why would you want these athletes to aspire to an Ivy when they could go to a STATE school? Haha.

And btw state schools (hockey or no) can be a great choice for tons of talented athletes and students. But to dismiss some of the greatest academic schools in the world is simple minded. Regardless of their hockey talent, 99.999% of these girls won't make a living at anything hockey related. Those college degrees are nice "fallbacks" in case the endorsement deals don't pay the rent. Some think the school on that degree matters. Some want to graduate from the top colleges in the nation. And some stay closer to home for personal or financial or hockey reasons and live happily ever after.
I think each of us is trying to support our kids' dreams. And each road will be different.
But there is no better or purer way outside of private schools or Tier 1 or up north to have success in hockey and success in life! The constant demeaning of anyone doing anything different than your daughter (niece) isn't helping anyone. I can guarantee you that almost all of the guys here who are paying for private schools or academies or trainers or camps or showcase leagues or off season AAA or big time scouted tournaments are NOT counting on their kid getting the big scholarship or paycheck from this game. This "checkbook hockey" you are so quick to put down and dismiss isn't insurance they wont miss out on the D1 recruitment train. But it sure is insurance that the character, work ethic, team work, and multi tasking they'll need in their adult lives is the basis of the character they'll take with them when they leave the nest.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

NotMuchToSay wrote:This conversation/thread is pretty much getting ridiculous!
mnhockeyguy2014

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:C'mon coachk! Why would you want these athletes to aspire to an Ivy when they could go to a STATE school? Haha.

And btw state schools (hockey or no) can be a great choice for tons of talented athletes and students. But to dismiss some of the greatest academic schools in the world is simple minded. Regardless of their hockey talent, 99.999% of these girls won't make a living at anything hockey related. Those college degrees are nice "fallbacks" in case the endorsement deals don't pay the rent. Some think the school on that degree matters. Some want to graduate from the top colleges in the nation. And some stay closer to home for personal or financial or hockey reasons and live happily ever after.
I think each of us is trying to support our kids' dreams. And each road will be different.
But there is no better or purer way outside of private schools or Tier 1 or up north to have success in hockey and success in life! The constant demeaning of anyone doing anything different than your daughter (niece) isn't helping anyone. I can guarantee you that almost all of the guys here who are paying for private schools or academies or trainers or camps or showcase leagues or off season AAA or big time scouted tournaments are NOT counting on their kid getting the big scholarship or paycheck from this game. This "checkbook hockey" you are so quick to put down and dismiss isn't insurance they wont miss out on the D1 recruitment train. But it sure is insurance that the character, work ethic, team work, and multi tasking they'll need in their adult lives is the basis of the character they'll take with them when they leave the nest.
Excellent post NTMH
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Coyote: Do you honestly think that those rankings are valid in any way, shape or form LOL? Never- obviously an Ivy education is good for some. Associating a BE or SSM with a free Golden Ticket is what is a joke. The kid could have paid to go to Brown or Harvard regardless, and you know it. The hucksters that try and convince dupes that a quick way to get their is by playing for them is the lie. Ivy's don't have athletic scholarships. They have academic scholarships, and last time I checked BE isn't exactly known for that. I realize some kids are special and should go to those types of institutions, but IMO, those are the ones that are on the debate team. Shelling out $50,000 plus dollars per year to have your kid play for Brown or Union, is in my mind, lunacy. But what do I know. I live in Cloquet, live in a humble home, my kids education is paid for, they have good jobs.
mnhockeyguy2014

NotMuchToSay wrote:This conversation/thread is pretty much getting ridiculous!
It is the only thread that isn't dead right now. Lots of opinions on topics here for and against that is for sure. Seems like a good spirited debate to me! I'm sure many are finding the back and forth entertaining.. If not it is a great afternoon for raking leaves!
CoyoteWheels

Post by CoyoteWheels »

pepperpot wrote:Coyote: Do you honestly think that those rankings are valid in any way, shape or form LOL? Never- obviously an Ivy education is good for some. Associating a BE or SSM with a free Golden Ticket is what is a joke. The kid could have paid to go to Brown or Harvard regardless, and you know it. The hucksters that try and convince dupes that a quick way to get their is by playing for them is the lie. Ivy's don't have athletic scholarships. They have academic scholarships, and last time I checked BE isn't exactly known for that. I realize some kids are special and should go to those types of institutions, but IMO, those are the ones that are on the debate team. Shelling out $50,000 plus dollars per year to have your kid play for Brown or Union, is in my mind, lunacy. But what do I know. I live in Cloquet, live in a humble home, my kids education is paid for, they have good jobs.
PepperPots,

There, there little fella. It's good to have a cry every now and then as its good for the soul;) I'm sure it gets lonely up there in hinterland and if there is nobody around to talk to just grab your little garden gnome and tell him all about it. I'm sure he will listen:)

Can't we all just love one another! 😘
U10Father

Post by U10Father »

Half the posts in this thread are 1) questioning whether it should be here or not, 2) BE (which is not a High School team) sympathizers defending their beloved program, or 3) Results of games that have no bearing on Minnesota Girls High School Hockey.

Can we please move this to the AAA forum? You guys can all go there and have this argument.
CoyoteWheels

Post by CoyoteWheels »

U10Father wrote:Half the posts in this thread are 1) questioning whether it should be here or not, 2) BE (which is not a High School team) sympathizers defending their beloved program, or 3) Results of games that have no bearing on Minnesota Girls High School Hockey.

Can we please move this to the AAA forum? You guys can all go there and have this argument.
U10daddy,

Are you lost, the 10u forum is on another string. Let's us know when she gets to high school then we can talk:)

Can't we all just love one another:) 😜
mnhockeyguy2014

Pepper

You either have the Grades and ACT or SAT to go to Brown, Union or any big Eastern non-athletic scholarship D1 School or you do not. These schools can bend the rules on a couple players slightly on grades and they would have to be a top player on the team. Many kids are going to these schools with "need based" financial and academic scholarship help. You would be surprised how much a family can make and still get their student "need based" help. The last figure I heard was 180K a year and still get some help at the big expensive Eastern schools. Amazing isn't it. If they want a player they seem to find help. Hockey has opened doors for many kids at these schools that would never be open to them at all even if they were willing to pay full price. So if a girl is a very good hockey player and student but not being recruited by WCHA schools or athletic scholarship schools and Mom and Dad are not flush with Cash those kind of schools are great fit for both school and family. It could be that it is the school of the girl's dreams and Family is paying all. Kid still needs to be excellent student though! I'm sure all Hockey players at Brown or Union whether they are paying all or on need based or academic scholarship are glad they got in and most probably owe a big thanks to the game of hockey that made the spot available. Many in this world value the benefits of an education at such schools.
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

It appears that a few think that the only way to be
considered a high school is participation of its
students in the MSHS LEAGUE. This year students from both SSM and B-E will be participating in MSHS LEAGUE competitions.

Stay tuned
CoyoteWheels

Well said kind Sir!

Post by CoyoteWheels »

mnhockeyguy2014 wrote:Pepper

You either have the Grades and ACT or SAT to go to Brown, Union or any big Eastern non-athletic scholarship D1 School or you do not. These schools can bend the rules on a couple players slightly on grades and they would have to be a top player on the team. Many kids are going to these schools with "need based" financial and academic scholarship help. You would be surprised how much a family can make and still get their student "need based" help. The last figure I heard was 180K a year and still get some help at the big expensive Eastern schools. Amazing isn't it. If they want a player they seem to find help. Hockey has opened doors for many kids at these schools that would never be open to them at all even if they were willing to pay full price. So if a girl is a very good hockey player and student but not being recruited by WCHA schools or athletic scholarship schools and Mom and Dad are not flush with Cash those kind of schools are great fit for both school and family. It could be that it is the school of the girl's dreams and Family is paying all. Kid still needs to be excellent student though! I'm sure all Hockey players at Brown or Union whether they are paying all or on need based or academic scholarship are glad they got in and most probably owe a big thanks to the game of hockey that made the spot available. Many in this world value the benefits of an education at such schools.
MNhockeyguy2014,

That just nailed it! Enough said!

Can't we all just love one another:) 😁
mnhockeyguy2014

CoachK

2 Nations is October 24-26 same as USA-Canada Cup. Both in Detroit. Looks like 2 SSM and 2 Blades teams are in 2 Nations and the rest of the MN teams including BE's 2 Revolution teams are playing in USA-Canada.

Hope they get the guy that skated on the red carpet path singing O' Canada that weekend like I saw recently! That would add to the excitement.

http://time.com/3474871/mark-donnelly-v ... wipes-out/
CoyoteWheels

That's correct!

Post by CoyoteWheels »

mnhockeyguy2014 wrote:CoachK

2 Nations is October 24-26 same as USA-Canada Cup. Both in Detroit. Looks like 2 SSM and 2 Blades teams are in 2 Nations and the rest of the MN teams including BE's 2 Revolution teams are playing in USA-Canada.

Hope they get the guy that skated on the red carpet path singing O' Canada that weekend like I saw recently! That would add to the excitement.

http://time.com/3474871/mark-donnelly-v ... wipes-out/
MNHockeyguy2014,

I believe OS is brining a couple of teams as well.

Can't we all just love one another:)
CoyoteWheels

Just ran across this draft of a new policy on the MSHSL web?

Post by CoyoteWheels »

Anyone have any insight or information about the new draft policy for transgender athletes on the MSHSL website? I just ran across the draft on the website.

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/news/transgender_policy.pdf

Can't we all just love one another! 😚[/url][/url]
skatez

Post by skatez »

After reading these I'm trying to figure out why hockey parents get labeled as psychotic.

I'm losing faith in humanity one thread at a time.....
CoyoteWheels

Chirp Chirp

Post by CoyoteWheels »

Anyone out there? Chirp, Chirp, Chirp!

Can't we all just love one another! 😳
CoyoteWheels

Post by CoyoteWheels »

skatez wrote:After reading these I'm trying to figure out why hockey parents get labeled as psychotic.

I'm losing faith in humanity one thread at a time.....
Here is a little something to pick your spirits up little fella:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCc3GeYPQFU&sns=em

Can't we all just love one another:) 😀