Post Season Predictions!!

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

panpan111
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by panpan111 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:22 pm

I agree with the wolf, the homer you are 36 I really hope Tonka goes down this year. Sections are for the girls, not the parents... All you have to do is put a body on #5 and it's over. This time I will root for anyone in section 6 to knock off Tonka!
Puckdaddy99 you already seem to be looking over your shoulder at #5 & the Skippers; as you should be. Maybe you should sit down with coach and give him you take on how to beat them!
Your team is not equipped to beat them his year, next year (everyone but a stud D returns), but maybe the year after, or the year after that??? oh no... your goalies graduate, BSM, Tonka, and Wayzata are again re-loaded...damn your Section is really tough!
Maybe you could then call the Wolfman see if he can explain why you need a lawyer to go to the MSHSL meetings and get this thing fixed????
I would let your daughter worry about the Skippers & how to beat the Skippers. The MSHSL experience is for the girls, not the parents.

puckdaddy99
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:43 pm
Location: Bat Cave
Contact:

Post by puckdaddy99 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:58 am

panpan111 wrote:
I agree with the wolf, the homer you are 36 I really hope Tonka goes down this year. Sections are for the girls, not the parents... All you have to do is put a body on #5 and it's over. This time I will root for anyone in section 6 to knock off Tonka!
Puckdaddy99 you already seem to be looking over your shoulder at #5 & the Skippers; as you should be. Maybe you should sit down with coach and give him you take on how to beat them!
Your team is not equipped to beat them his year, next year (everyone but a stud D returns), but maybe the year after, or the year after that??? oh no... your goalies graduate, BSM, Tonka, and Wayzata are again re-loaded...damn your Section is really tough!
Maybe you could then call the Wolfman see if he can explain why you need a lawyer to go to the MSHSL meetings and get this thing fixed????
I would let your daughter worry about the Skippers & how to beat the Skippers. The MSHSL experience is for the girls, not the parents.
A little touchy panpan, did someone hit a nerve? We will see how this unfolds. Tonka has had exceptional goaltending and a few players that have always carried their teams to state. And unlike boys hockey, girls hockey comes down to stellar goaltending in sections. Your coach who is very over-rated will roll two lines, and frustration will set in when all the shots are into the midsection. How many games have you lost this year when you have doubled up on shots, but still lost? I think EP is the only team to outshoot you and win. Could be wrong, but I know you will correct me. It's a free hockey world, and I will still be rooting against you as will all our daughters and hopefully there will be some nice upsets.

sinbin
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Post by sinbin » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:50 am

36Guy wrote: When asked by the MSHSL, 90% of the teams coaches replay it's "JUST FINE", and "it will only be a year or two" so "lets just leave It".
Agreed, inertia is a very powerful force and it's much easier to do nothing than to change things for the better. At the end of the day, this is the system to which every team must conform, like it or not. I'm sure that the best teams use the existing inequities to their advantage as motivation to overcome all possible obstacles. And certain teams of the highest caliber and character will always relish that challenge, not skate away from it. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

36Guy
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by 36Guy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:26 am

puckdaddy99 wrote:
panpan111 wrote:
I agree with the wolf, the homer you are 36 I really hope Tonka goes down this year. Sections are for the girls, not the parents... All you have to do is put a body on #5 and it's over. This time I will root for anyone in section 6 to knock off Tonka!
Puckdaddy99 you already seem to be looking over your shoulder at #5 & the Skippers; as you should be. Maybe you should sit down with coach and give him you take on how to beat them!
Your team is not equipped to beat them his year, next year (everyone but a stud D returns), but maybe the year after, or the year after that??? oh no... your goalies graduate, BSM, Tonka, and Wayzata are again re-loaded...damn your Section is really tough!
Maybe you could then call the Wolfman see if he can explain why you need a lawyer to go to the MSHSL meetings and get this thing fixed????
I would let your daughter worry about the Skippers & how to beat the Skippers. The MSHSL experience is for the girls, not the parents.
A little touchy panpan, did someone hit a nerve? We will see how this unfolds. Tonka has had exceptional goaltending and a few players that have always carried their teams to state. And unlike boys hockey, girls hockey comes down to stellar goaltending in sections. Your coach who is very over-rated will roll two lines, and frustration will set in when all the shots are into the midsection. How many games have you lost this year when you have doubled up on shots, but still lost? I think EP is the only team to outshoot you and win. Could be wrong, but I know you will correct me. It's a free hockey world, and I will still be rooting against you as will all our daughters and hopefully there will be some nice upsets.
Puckdummy...congrats! In 7 posts you have beat your chest about the Crimson. Formulated "a formula to beat Tonka"(then lost) criticized a 16 year old kid and called a 3 time state champ coach overrated.

Fyi Puckdummy, PanPan is not from Tonka nor Section 6.

pepperpot
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:28 am

Post by pepperpot » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:06 am

I love it when citiots munch on each other. Making up for your own failures through your daughters success at the big city school. Blahblah blah. I wonder if the schools that have recruited your daughters know what a bunch of idiots their parents are. If not, they'll find out soon enough. If you make it through sections make sure you ask your AD for a parent trophy too.

puckdaddy99
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:43 pm
Location: Bat Cave
Contact:

Post by puckdaddy99 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:04 am

36Guy wrote:
puckdaddy99 wrote:
panpan111 wrote:
I agree with the wolf, the homer you are 36 I really hope Tonka goes down this year. Sections are for the girls, not the parents... All you have to do is put a body on #5 and it's over. This time I will root for anyone in section 6 to knock off Tonka!
Puckdaddy99 you already seem to be looking over your shoulder at #5 & the Skippers; as you should be. Maybe you should sit down with coach and give him you take on how to beat them!
Your team is not equipped to beat them his year, next year (everyone but a stud D returns), but maybe the year after, or the year after that??? oh no... your goalies graduate, BSM, Tonka, and Wayzata are again re-loaded...damn your Section is really tough!
Maybe you could then call the Wolfman see if he can explain why you need a lawyer to go to the MSHSL meetings and get this thing fixed????
I would let your daughter worry about the Skippers & how to beat the Skippers. The MSHSL experience is for the girls, not the parents.
A little touchy panpan, did someone hit a nerve? We will see how this unfolds. Tonka has had exceptional goaltending and a few players that have always carried their teams to state. And unlike boys hockey, girls hockey comes down to stellar goaltending in sections. Your coach who is very over-rated will roll two lines, and frustration will set in when all the shots are into the midsection. How many games have you lost this year when you have doubled up on shots, but still lost? I think EP is the only team to outshoot you and win. Could be wrong, but I know you will correct me. It's a free hockey world, and I will still be rooting against you as will all our daughters and hopefully there will be some nice upsets.
Puckdummy...congrats! In 7 posts you have beat your chest about the Crimson. Formulated "a formula to beat Tonka"(then lost) criticized a 16 year old kid and called a 3 time state champ coach overrated.

Fyi Puckdummy, PanPan is not from Tonka nor Section 6.
36 this is why your so fun to needle, where did i criticize #5, she is "your" team. The comment was shut her down and you have a very good chance of beating Tonka. Please do not put words in my mouth. And stop with the 3 time state champion reference, that was not coaching as much as it was having multiple Ms Hockeys and stellar goaltenders. From summer play comments you hear how some players are treated by this coach when they are not considered a top 6 F or top 3 D. The most important position in girls hockey today is the tender and tonka has been very fortunate to have them. It appears after your junior goes the cupboard is bare, as we are still loaded at that position. Oh I forgot, you went out and recruited one from the land of green so maybe there is some hope for your team. It appears EP is on their way now with their 9th grader and they will be a contender year in and year out for the next four years even when this good group of highly skilled players graduates. As for you 36, good luck in Regions, its free speech, don't try to fabricate posts and put words in my mouth :)

36Guy
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by 36Guy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:04 am

[quote="puckdaddy99"... All you have to do is put a body on #5 and it's over.

Puckdummy..my fault, I misread your raving compliment about #5. I interpreted it as, if someone leans on her she can't compete anymore and then the rest of the team will collapse? Now that I have went back and read it again I realize you meant....hmmmm...actually no, I don't know what you meant in this compliment??

You are one sharp cookie, so far you have:

1. Figured out how to neutralize Tonka
2. Figured out "If you put a body on #5 its over"
3. Analyzed our coaching staff
4. Figured out why Tonka won championships
5. Figured out that our 3rd line is disgruntled
6. Analyzed our goalie situation for not only today but the future???
7. Figured out Ep's goalie situation for the future.

Your hockey knowledge is unending and your willingness to share with us is flattering. You are a proud goalie dad that is frothing at the mouth with the possibility your MG team heading to state.

Fyi..on the recruiting comment. #25 on your team is not from MG! But I am sure they moved in for "non hockey reasons"
Last edited by 36Guy on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

36Guy
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by 36Guy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:08 am

pepperpot wrote:I love it when citiots munch on each other. Making up for your own failures through your daughters success at the big city school. Blahblah blah. I wonder if the schools that have recruited your daughters know what a bunch of idiots their parents are. If not, they'll find out soon enough. If you make it through sections make sure you ask your AD for a parent trophy too.
Actually the parents get a trophy win or lose after every game..makes me feel good inside. That's 25 a year, so I have a whole bunch! My wife gets to hold it after the games for the first 13 and I get the next 12! PEACE!

pepperpot
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:28 am

Post by pepperpot » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:22 am

Great 36. I'm sure you are very proud. Maybe once your daughter graduates you can repurpose all that plastic into something worthwhile, like some jewelry for your wifey. http://www.topdreamer.com/15-creative-r ... -projects/

36Guy
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by 36Guy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:35 am

pepperpot wrote:Great 36. I'm sure you are very proud. Maybe once your daughter graduates you can repurpose all that plastic into something worthwhile, like some jewelry for your wifey. http://www.topdreamer.com/15-creative-r ... -projects/
If I recycle them, how will I be able look at them?

knights58
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:02 am

Post by knights58 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:22 pm

sounds like a couple people on here are a little butt hurt because Tonka and #5 have had some success. A grown adult wishing that no matter what happens in life this February, his main wish is that Minnetonka loses in sections. Not, I wish for good hockey...or I hope the best team advances..or good luck to all the girls who have worked hard to move on....butt hurt, party of two....

MNHockeyFan
Posts: 6980
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:28 pm

Post by MNHockeyFan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:28 pm

Hmmm, people seem to be getting a bit touchy and anxious about their teams. One could surmise that playoffs must be just around the corner... :wink:

puckdaddy99
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:43 pm
Location: Bat Cave
Contact:

Post by puckdaddy99 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:09 pm

36 - I did not think you would bite, but this needling is so fun :lol: :lol: :lol: cheap entertainment for sure

36Guy
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by 36Guy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:18 pm

puckdaddy99 wrote:36 - I did not think you would bite, but this needling is so fun :lol: :lol: :lol: cheap entertainment for sure
No worries Mr "B"! Hopefully we are fortunate to put a few pucks past your daughter, she has really stepped it up this year!

Believe it or not, closet MG fan. Born and raised in MG. My daughter played with most of those girls, her first year of hockey she played at MG. Several of your parents on your team are very close friends.

panpan111
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by panpan111 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:30 pm

pepperpot wrote:I love it when citiots munch on each other. Making up for your own failures through your daughters success at the big city school. Blahblah blah. I wonder if the schools that have recruited your daughters know what a bunch of idiots their parents are. If not, they'll find out soon enough. If you make it through sections make sure you ask your AD for a parent trophy too.
You can't make it up! Your spewing hatred & spite worries me! I really think you need to leave the city limits of Cloquet for a weekend and come down and see how us "idiots" enjoy sports, the game of hockey, & each other! You don't like big schools, privates, travel, hockey training, Tier I, Coach Miller, Coach Horvat & his staff, which is just a start.

Tune up that 3 wheeler, fill it up with gas, and trail ride your way down here. I would be happy to give you a few bucks for gas just to spend a game standing next to exerience the negativity LIVE! Heck we can hook-up at the Forest Lake rink since the trail pops you out right on the south side of the arena!

Take a deep breathe...hold it...exhale! It's a start!

Nevertoomuchhockey
Posts: 1138
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:59 pm

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:51 pm

36Guy wrote:
pepperpot wrote:Great 36. I'm sure you are very proud. Maybe once your daughter graduates you can repurpose all that plastic into something worthwhile, like some jewelry for your wifey. http://www.topdreamer.com/15-creative-r ... -projects/
If I recycle them, how will I be able look at them?
Get them put on as tattoos, of course. Maybe surrounding your #5 back piece? Ha.

Puckdaddy - the entire board read your #5 comment as negative. Go ahead and trash talk a team, a section, an entire association but calling out a single kid for anything other than something positive is classless. Pretty sure she will be ok to go on in life with her state tourney title, D1 scholarship, and gold medal even if YOU think she's overrated.

Pepper - almost the end of the season and again this year you have yet to bring a single comment that isn't negative. (Although you do seem to float between bitter/jealous/angry/uninformed. So you've got that variety going for you!) Why are you so invested in name calling and criticism toward every team that's not your own? It must be exhausting to live like that. Marshall, Duluth, metro privates, now District 6 AA. Why???? You have never said anything constructive or even informative. The "our team sucks but so does yours" thing is getting old. Just a matter of time now that you won't be able to spit the venom near and far from Cloquet. Happiness is a choice pepper. And so is reading along with the board and not making yourself look small and petty. Go Uncle Pepper!
P.S. The college puck destinations our MN girls are heading off to already know the parents. They know them as the kinds of people who successfully raised elite student athletes and who have the grades, game, and work ethic to play D1.

luckyEPDad
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by luckyEPDad » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote: Puckdaddy - the entire board read your #5 comment as negative. Go ahead and trash talk a team, a section, an entire association but calling out a single kid for anything other than something positive is classless. Pretty sure she will be ok to go on in life with her state tourney title, D1 scholarship, and gold medal even if YOU think she's overrated.
So when I say "If you shut down Crosby you will probably beat the Penguins" it is an assault on Sid Crosby? I didn't know that. Claiming that shutting down #5 turns Minnetonka into an average or even a week team is wrong, but it certainly isn't an attack on #5. I guess not everyone on the board agrees.

As for Pepperpot, I checked the posting history and there are some posts that aren't negative. Maybe a 7 on the curmudgeon scale, but no more Debbie Downer than a few others who frequent this domain. I like this forum for the fun banter and usually polite conversations. And occasionally there is a blowup like this that makes me feel like a balanced and optimistic person.

When you don't like their opinion you trend to hyperbole Nevertomuchhockey. And everyone on the board agrees.

36Guy
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by 36Guy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:33 pm

luckyEPDad wrote:
Nevertoomuchhockey wrote: Puckdaddy - the entire board read your #5 comment as negative. Go ahead and trash talk a team, a section, an entire association but calling out a single kid for anything other than something positive is classless. Pretty sure she will be ok to go on in life with her state tourney title, D1 scholarship, and gold medal even if YOU think she's overrated.
So when I say "If you shut down Crosby you will probably beat the Penguins" it is an assault on Sid Crosby? I didn't know that. Claiming that shutting down #5 turns Minnetonka into an average or even a week team is wrong, but it certainly isn't an attack on #5. I guess not everyone on the board agrees.

As for Pepperpot, I checked the posting history and there are some posts that aren't negative. Maybe a 7 on the curmudgeon scale, but no more

Debbie Downer than a few others who frequent this domain.

When you don't like their opinion you trend to hyperbole Nevertomuchhockey. And everyone on the board agrees.
First, this has been beat to death EPdad and we are trying to put it to bed. Puckdaddy and I are now getting along nicely. However................just to add clarity, the "original" post was not "shut down #5" it was "put a body her and its over"...quite different statements.

And yes, the rest of the team is quite capable. They lost to an EP team 2-1 in overtime twice without her while she was gone, both at EP's house. This is the EP team that has been anointed #1 in the state for 5 years since 12U. I believe the term was "#1 with a bullet".

See you Tuesday, If I know you, you will have another hottie sitting next to you... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Nevertoomuchhockey
Posts: 1138
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:59 pm

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:12 pm

It reads, like 36 said, that she is easily contained and her role diminished. Either way you are insulting either #5 or the remainder of her team. Agree to disagree.
Lucky - my exaggerated statements re: pepperpot's last two years of negative posts were clearly not based on my reading and counting old thread comments. It was a general capture of what he brings and doesn't bring to the discussion and I'll stand by what I said. Pan was essentially saying the same thing while we were simultaneously posting.
Please let me know the history of my hyperbole when you get through MY old posts.
8)

sinbin
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Post by sinbin » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:13 pm

I can set up a database of historical posts and create a few summarization text mining algorithms, if that would be helpful to anyone. :wink:

Newly1234
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:35 pm

Post by Newly1234 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:41 pm

luckyEPDad wrote:
Nevertoomuchhockey wrote: Puckdaddy - the entire board read your #5 comment as negative. Go ahead and trash talk a team, a section, an entire association but calling out a single kid for anything other than something positive is classless. Pretty sure she will be ok to go on in life with her state tourney title, D1 scholarship, and gold medal even if YOU think she's overrated.
. And everyone on the board agrees.
LuckyEPDad,what's going on at EP?

Rumor mill at the bar was going nuts. An ineligible player played against Wayzata? Didn't attend school on Tuesday, but still played?

Any truth?

luckyEPDad
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by luckyEPDad » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:23 am

Newly1234 wrote: LuckyEPDad,what's going on at EP?

Rumor mill at the bar was going nuts. An ineligible player played against Wayzata? Didn't attend school on Tuesday, but still played?

Any truth?
News to me, but I don't take attendance.

MN_Bowhunter
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:08 am

Post by MN_Bowhunter » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:05 pm

I love the bickering and it saddens me that I have nothing to contribute. It's gotten so bad I've decided to participate in the pick the winners thread this week. If I win I plan on talking a lot of smack, if I lose I'm going to blame the kids and the coaching. I've already emailed the AD at Blake to fire the entire coaching staff.

sinbin
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Post by sinbin » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Bowhunter, now I'm almost (but not quite) offended that you would consider the "pick the winners" thread little more than the dregs of this forum. That thread enjoys a noble and proud tradition formulated by MNHockeyFan himself and I'm doing my darnedest to uphold this illustrious endeavor. If you win this week, you'll have defeated the best of the best and you'll have fully earned the right to talk smack in any manner you may choose, but I sense that your inherent humility will not allow you to do so. :wink:

royals dad
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:41 pm

Post by royals dad » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:09 pm

alcloseshaver wrote: Football changes were more based on scheduling issues for the regular season, sections were unchanged.
Actually this is not correct football sections were changed 3 years ago (regular season conference changes begin next year), they now reseed the section finals, multiple teams from the same section can now make state. Drove across town to Lakeville to cheer for the Royals trying to make state football last year, didn't end well but they made the final at least. I believe it was actually a push from coaches at the lower end of the more powerful sections that made it happen. Teams like Hopkins that every year would have to upset 2 top 5 teams like Tonka and Wayzata (yes football powers have now shifted south) just to make state. I think if you looked at 6 last year Armstrong would have been a top seed in all but 2 sections, as one of the bottom teams in 6 they have arguably the most difficult road to the X year in and year out. Frankly they were better last year than a number of teams that made it to state.

Post Reply