Is EP This Year's Achiever Academy?

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

Oh that was my entertainment for the day. Thank you pepper.
The difference is - I didn't name names or programs. Also I was having a discussion with Bowhunter that you obviously were not privy to.
But you are correct I repeated an unsubstantiated allegation that was going around up north at our January 12u tourney. I will not ERASE it but I will not REPEAT it. If I have first hand knowledge of cheating, I'll go to the top.

Love,
Nevertoomuchthickskin

P.S. Remind me again of all the opinions I've posted and then deleted from my "carpet." Or not.

P.P.S. Yes I have a hs school son at HM, a 12uA in Blaine, one in Wayzata, one at Duluth Marshall, one in Minnetonka, and triplets at St. Paul. No wonder I know everything! :shock:

P.P.P.S. I mean, also heard a huge rumor out of your own hometown that I shall never bring to the board.
blondegirlsdad

Post by blondegirlsdad »

esox101 wrote:Honestly - sometimes this place has all the social dynamics of a middle school at recess.
My middle schooler is very insulted by this low blow.
ShakestheClown

Post by ShakestheClown »

esox101 wrote:You know, reading all this makes me kind of grateful that my daughter plays for a team that isn't all that good.

She can go win some, lose a few more, and actually enjoy the game of hockey without it turning into a soap opera with a cast of characters who, when it comes right down to it, don't have anything beyond opinions shared loudly and often.

Honestly - sometimes this place has all the social dynamics of a middle school at recess.
=D>
AAA Dad

Post by AAA Dad »

RailingWizardofOZ wrote:
AAA Dad wrote:
kicksave33 wrote:HansonBro: ignore that other chatter, you nailed it. At this point, only a self-serving e-mail like the one from Tipler-St Paul United last year can save the day now. But remember, do not bust that e-mail out until the eve of the section final like he did! If you expose the cheaters too early, you may actually have to win a section final to advance to the tournament. (And please ignore the hypocrisy of them having a player from up north living in the basement of an SPA student.) No problem tho, the hockey gods paid them back in the state tournament.
Well you don't normally see an attorney work his butt off for free do you?There has to be a payback for them I would think!?? Would they do it for the integrity of the sport if they had nothing to gain personally?? I doubt it! So a State Tourney appearance banner was won but there is still the underlying fact that one team had better overall group of players than the other and the parents of the weaker wanted nothing to do with playing the stronger and getting beat 7-1 again....Protecting your daughter is a very natural And Honorable trait!! Good job!!! Looks like SPU has a nice easy path this year to State tournament appearance glory now that that evil, cheating, Better team is not in section 4A.
Good-luck to all the teams remaining!

WOW!! I guess in the almost 12months we’ve had since this incident that there hasn’t been any clarity reached or brought your way. There is not a “team” when it is not deemed official by the rules in place of the league you chose to compete in. Your argument, position and understanding of the rules is flawed, but it does help us all understand now how AA could get into the situation they did with this path of logic. I do also love the irony of how you worked in the word “honorable” within your classic Psychology 101 example of deflection. PRICELESS!!!!

“To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.”
Mark Twain
(You are well on your way AAA Dad)
Words like "Team" and "Family" are terms that will never be altered by someone else's judgement or definition of the term in
the minds of the strong and committed.. All that matters is that the "Team" is at peace with each other and screw the rest!

Congrats to Palmquist and his girls on his nice win tonight. You definitely had the hockey Gods on your side!!

Give Hill Hell if you can OZ!
kicksave33

Post by kicksave33 »

Pepper, AAADad, HansonBro: you all were right.
Tipler-StPaul United shoulda sent an anonymous email on the day before the section final again!
If he truly cared about the integrity of the sport/playoff bracket, last year's email of twitter screen shots and real estate records would've and could've been sent any time prior to the night before the final. So the Hockey Gods intervened last night.
That sycophant, ThouDothProtestTooMuchHockey, will probably blather on otherwise, but recall that he is the same person who self-proclaims his thick skin and then immediately proceeds to give three P.S.s in his defense. So, his actions obviously drown out his own words...

"Love,
Nevertoomuchthickskin

P.S. Remind me again of all the opinions I've posted and then deleted from my "carpet." Or not.

P.P.S. Yes I have a hs school son at HM, a 12uA in Blaine, one in Wayzata, one at Duluth Marshall, one in Minnetonka, and triplets at St. Paul. No wonder I know everything!

P.P.P.S. I mean, also heard a huge rumor out of your own hometown that I shall never bring to the board."
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Funny kick. I guess I don't care so much about Tipler or what he did. Don't know him and never met him. The Cheaters gave them their ticket for them last year and I guess they didn't have what it takes this year. I did receive a PM a couple weeks ago telling me that Nevertoomuchthinskin is actually a Mom? If it is, that's funny. I just don't like hypocrites, and Never leads the charge. I was surprised about South St. Paul though. good for them. The less private silver spooners at the dance the better in my opinion. Roseau, Thief and Hibbing or Hermantown have my good luck wishes now. All deserve respect in a tournament that by popular twin city opinion only be for the SW suburbs or privates.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

Yes, if it is, that would be hilarious.
itsfoilcoach

Post by itsfoilcoach »

Pepperpot..Your spot on !!
PondHockeyChampion

Post by PondHockeyChampion »

kicksave33 wrote:Pepper, AAADad, HansonBro: you all were right.
Tipler-StPaul United shoulda sent an anonymous email on the day before the section final again!
If he truly cared about the integrity of the sport/playoff bracket, last year's email of twitter screen shots and real estate records would've and could've been sent any time prior to the night before the final. So the Hockey Gods intervened last night.
That sycophant, ThouDothProtestTooMuchHockey, will probably blather on otherwise, but recall that he is the same person who self-proclaims his thick skin and then immediately proceeds to give three P.S.s in his defense. So, his actions obviously drown out his own words...

"Love,
Nevertoomuchthickskin

P.P.S. Yes I have a hs school son at HM, a 12uA in Blaine, one in Wayzata, one at Duluth Marshall, one in Minnetonka, and triplets at St. Paul. No wonder I know everything!

P.P.P.S. I mean, also heard a huge rumor out of your own hometown that I shall never bring to the board."

Sounds like Karma
luckyEPDad

Post by luckyEPDad »

kicksave33 wrote:Pepper, AAADad, HansonBro: you all were right.
I know hyperbole is quite popular on this forum, but the hockey hub has stories about AA eligibility questions that predate the section final. If David LaVaque was posting stories about AA eligiblity on Feb 10 you know something must have been going on for weeks. MSHSL doesn't move that fast and LaVaque is not an investigative reporter.

As for "The Cheaters gave them their ticket", how do you come to that conclusion? Rework he bracket to exclude AA and you have St Paul United playing Mahtomedi in the simifinal game and South St Paul in the final. The way it was they defeated SSP in the semi and got a buy in the final. I suppse you could argue (lamely) that the bracket should be replayed, but most would agree that the best teams played for the the state tournament invitation.