7AA

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:07 am

Where is the section final this year if it is North/South matchup?

goaline

Post by goaline » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:17 am

Blaine
alcloseshaver wrote:Where is the section final this year if it is North/South matchup?

goaline

Post by goaline » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:53 am

alcloseshaver wrote:Where is the section final this year if it is North/South matchup?
Congrats to the Rangers on a 7AA 'ship, they survived GRG and 8 penalties against ER to repeat - surely capable of making noise next week!

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:33 am

goaline wrote:
Congrats to the Rangers on a 7AA 'ship, they survived GRG and 8 penalties against ER to repeat - surely capable of making noise next week!
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

lrugland

Post by lrugland » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:48 pm

Sec 7AA was a battle this year. The Rangers pulled together and upset a great ER team. You can read all the articles but if you were not there you have no idea how that game really went. When you read about the 21 shots in the first period for ER you do not read about the 5 on 3 power play and 4 other power plays ER had in the first. After that first period FL outshot the Elks 26-24.

It was also great to see the Rangers come out with the win after some on the forum 'knew' they would have a bad season and might go 13-12 on the season. Fun to see how much others don't know about a program but still talk about it.

As for an easy season for FL, look at it this way. The Rangers Conference had 4 teams playing for Section Championships in class AA. How many other Conferences had that representation this year?

Hockey is hockey and the game we love. Lets keep it that way and let the kids play for the love of the game. You never know what team will rise to the top on any given night. Not even the computer programs can predict that.

3 more games to go. That just 9 periods.......

Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:33 pm

lrugland wrote:Sec 7AA was a battle this year. The Rangers pulled together and upset a great ER team. You can read all the articles but if you were not there you have no idea how that game really went. When you read about the 21 shots in the first period for ER you do not read about the 5 on 3 power play and 4 other power plays ER had in the first. After that first period FL outshot the Elks 26-24.

It was also great to see the Rangers come out with the win after some on the forum 'knew' they would have a bad season and might go 13-12 on the season. Fun to see how much others don't know about a program but still talk about it.

As for an easy season for FL, look at it this way. The Rangers Conference had 4 teams playing for Section Championships in class AA. How many other Conferences had that representation this year?

Hockey is hockey and the game we love. Lets keep it that way and let the kids play for the love of the game. You never know what team will rise to the top on any given night. Not even the computer programs can predict that.

3 more games to go. That just 9 periods.......

Great for Forest Lake!! Glad those girls played hard all year long. What the heck is wrong with Elk? this is the 6th section final they have lost. Has coach Sager coached a team to the state tourney in his coaching history?

wolfman

Post by wolfman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:24 pm

The move in dads chirping on Forum. Love it. Flake was better team Thursday night and hope nothing but the best for them.

lrugland

Post by lrugland » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:42 am

wolfman wrote:The move in dads chirping on Forum. Love it. Flake was better team Thursday night and hope nothing but the best for them.
Not sure I'm chirping but I do use Chirp on my Lowrance. It's great to see you know my life story and why we moved to the FL / Wyoming (Polaris) area for work.

Keep it classy on the forum ;)

Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:46 am

wolfman wrote:The move in dads chirping on Forum. Love it. Flake was better team Thursday night and hope nothing but the best for them.
I take it forest lake has /had some kids move in? I know of a couple girls who came from far north but I believe they have graduated. In either way I was just asking a question wolf man jack.

lrugland

Post by lrugland » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:57 am

Rocketwrister wrote:I take it forest lake has /had some kids move in? I know of a couple girls who came from far north but I believe they have graduated. In either way I was just asking a question wolf man jack.
Only one girl on FL that moved from far north (Roseau) and she is still playing 1 more year. That's my daughter. We did not make the move for hockey but found FL a great area for our family.

wolfman

Post by wolfman » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:47 am

Wolfman Jack calls em as he sees em. Rugland and Zamdriver both are move in dads. They can blather on and on about this and that buts facts is facts. Those two jack wagons were the first to chirp on the forum. Keep it classy move in dads.

lrugland

Post by lrugland » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:01 am

wolfman wrote:Wolfman Jack calls em as he sees em. Rugland and Zamdriver both are move in dads. They can blather on and on about this and that buts facts is facts. Those two jack wagons were the first to chirp on the forum. Keep it classy move in dads.
So what you are saying is that I should not be happy for my daughters team but I should cut people down like you do? Not sure that would be the classy thing to do.

You keep doing you (as seen on the forum) and I will keep being positive and cheering on the game I love.

wolfman, we need to meet sometime or maybe we have. Both of us seem to love the game.

** I did edit my post because there is no need to be negative on here.

nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:01 pm

Sec 7AA was a battle this year. The Rangers pulled together and upset a great ER team. You can read all the articles but if you were not there you have no idea how that game really went. When you read about the 21 shots in the first period for ER you do not read about the 5 on 3 power play and 4 other power plays ER had in the first. After that first period FL outshot the Elks 26-24.

THE ELKS BEING ONLY 1/5 ON THE PP IN THE 1ST PLUS A HUGE SHORTY BY FLAKE SET THIS GAME UP ..FLAKE GOT A GIANT BOOST IN CONFIDENCE FOR THE REST OF THE GAME

13-12? NAW, FLAKE HAD THE SEASON MOST PEOPLE EXPECTED. THE TIE WITH TONKA TO START WAS NOT A SURPRISE NOR WAS THE LOSS TO BRECK. THE ER/Z GAME WAS GOING TO BE A TOSS-UP(AFTER LAST YEAR). THE SPLITS WITH WBL AND CDH ALSO NO SURPRISE. SWEEPING MOUNDSVIEW MIGHT HAVE BEEN A SURPRISE AS WELL AS NEVER BEATING STILLWATER. SO PROBABLY A WASH THERE. LOSING TO C-E-C IS PROBABLY THE ONLY HEAD-SCRATCHER..WHEN IT COMES TO SECTIONS, FLAKE PLAYED VERY WELL AND ER/Z STILL HAS THE STIGMA OF A LOSING STREAK IN SECTIONS LATELY.

3 more games to go. That just 9 periods......

CAREFUL,IT COULD ONLY BE 6 PERIODS(THOUGH I THINK IT WILL BE MORE)

AS FOR MOVE-INS, WHO CARES....IF IT WAS FOR A SPORT, THAT'S PERFECTLY FINE. PEOPLE MOVE ALL THE TIME AND MANY MOVE FOR KID'S SPORTS. SACRIFICING YOUR KID'S SPORT FUN AND DESIRE TO APPEASE OTHER PEOPLE'S MISGUIDED NOTION THAT COMMUNITY COMES FIRST IS RIDICULOUS.... WARROAD HAS HAD PLENTY OF MOVE-INS, YET, ALL YOU HERE ABOUT IS THE GREAT HOCKEY TRADITION OF WARROAD.
IT REALLY IS NOT MUCH, IF AT ALL, AN ISSUE.

thegreatone99

Post by thegreatone99 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:45 pm

wolfman wrote:Wolfman Jack calls em as he sees em. Rugland and Zamdriver both are move in dads. They can blather on and on about this and that buts facts is facts. Those two jack wagons were the first to chirp on the forum. Keep it classy move in dads.

It is great to get some new, fresh teams in there. I read the number one seed in Class AA is Edina and they only lost to one team all year. Who is the team that beat this team?

You really want to jump on the move-ins at FL wolfman Jane, with the Class A teams having to deal with this team who has zero recruits. :oops: :oops:

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:20 pm

- I'm sure you're going to see some more family movement with Polaris being in Roseau and the Forest Lake area...

- Madi Nolan would have NUMEROUS D-1 offers if she wore a blue M (or such) on her sweater.. Many other sleepers will also be coming through.

- Good luck to Flake!

MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:35 pm

Another 0-2 BBQ.

7AA state record the last 2 years, 0-4.

Congratulations to the Rangers for winning the softest section in the state.

Maybe next year.

thegreatone99

Post by thegreatone99 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:47 pm

MN_Bowhunter wrote:Another 0-2 BBQ.

Maybe next year.
Maybe they should just move down to the Class A since it really is not Class A anymore

Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Maybe next year.
I hear what your saying; but in the end no 1 can take it away from those girls on Forest Lake's team for winning the section the way they did and making it to the show.

jg2112

Post by jg2112 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:21 pm

Rocketwrister wrote:

Maybe next year.
I hear what your saying; but in the end no 1 can take it away from those girls on Forest Lake's team for winning the section the way they did and making it to the show.
This section gets a lot tougher next year with the Andover U12A state title girls eligible to try out for HS. 3-4 of those girls will go right into the varsity rotation. They're that good.

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:02 pm

jg2112 wrote:
Rocketwrister wrote:

Maybe next year.
This section gets a lot tougher next year with the Andover U12A state title girls eligible to try out for HS. 3-4 of those girls will go right into the varsity rotation. They're that good.
If 3-4 8th graders take a team to state, that is a soft section. If it's sophomores that have been to state v 8th graders, I'll pick the sophomores.

Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:03 pm

InigoMontoya wrote:
jg2112 wrote:
Rocketwrister wrote:

Maybe next year.
If 3-4 8th graders take a team to state, that is a soft section. If it's sophomores that have been to state v 8th graders, I'll pick the sophomores.
Another thing to watch for is if any realignment happens for next year. This is the end of the 2 year cycle.

alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:11 pm

The only for sure thing is ER will be in the finals...

Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:09 pm

alcloseshaver wrote:The only for sure thing is ER will be in the finals...
Your odds are very good that this will be true. The only question will be if the 6 year string can be broke.

alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:18 pm

Rocketwrister wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:The only for sure thing is ER will be in the finals...
Your odds are very good that this will be true. The only question will be if the 6 year string can be broke.
Regular season wonders, beat Hill, Blaine and lost close ones to EP and Cake. Boy's team in the same boat.

goaline

2017-18

Post by goaline » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:12 am

Can Flake be stopped in 7AA, no longer the underdogs of the past two years? Can the Elks make another section final? Is Andover ready to unseat those two? Are Rapids, Cambridge or Princeton able to pull an upset of the favorites?