2015/16 All-Metro Team and Player of the Year:

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

tinroofrusted

2015/16 All-Metro Team and Player of the Year:

Post by tinroofrusted » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:16 pm

All-Metro First Team:
http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news_ar ... _id=868951
(F:) Presley Norby, Natalie Snodgrass, Carly Bullock, (D:) Mekenzie Steffen, Emily Brown and Goalie: Molly Scarborough

All-Metro Second and Third Team:
2nd: (F:) Gabbie Hughes, Taylor Wente, Grace Zumwinkle, (D:) Katie McMillan, Kenzie Prater and Goalie: Coco Francis
3rd: (F:) Paige Beebe, Sydney Brodt, Lydia Passolt, Kiki Radke, (D:) Grace Bowlby, Sylvie Wallin and Goalie: Kaylee Remington

All-Metro Player of The Year:
Presley Norby

Congrats to all these girls for their dedicated effort and deserved recognition!

Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:16 pm

Something must be wrong, the entire 1st through 3rd team isn't in the Lake. Stop the PRESSES!

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Sparlimb wrote:Something must be wrong, the entire 1st through 3rd team isn't in the Lake. Stop the PRESSES!
Haha, wait 'till the Pioneer Press comes out with theirs. Highly likely that NONE will be from Lake Conference teams! ;)

Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:45 pm

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Sparlimb wrote:Something must be wrong, the entire 1st through 3rd team isn't in the Lake. Stop the PRESSES!
Haha, wait 'till the Pioneer Press comes out with theirs. Highly likely that NONE will be from Lake Conference teams! ;)
Pretty sure the last couple years they've gone with "East Metro Player of the Year" which to me is just as lazy. Yes they are honest they aren't looking at the western suburbs, but is it really so much to look through stats for a couple more teams? And the strib pretends it looks everywhere, but the results often don't show it.

But hey, we should be happy the girls are getting coverage, so I'll go back to lurking again...

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:17 pm

Depending on where you draw the line between East and West Metro, one could argue that these Strib honored players are from the East Metro:

Snodgrass - Eastview
Steffen - Hill-Murray
Hughes - Centennial
Prater - Hill-Murray
Brodt - Mounds View
Radke - Hastings
Remington - Forest Lake

So it's not exactly like the Strib is ignoring deserving players from the eastern part of the metro area.

36Guy

Post by 36Guy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:54 am

Really?? Your entitlement sucks!

MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:21 am

36Guy wrote:
That's a nice accomplishment and well deserved, congrats to Presley PJ.

36Guy

Post by 36Guy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:19 am

MN_Bowhunter wrote:
36Guy wrote:
That's a nice accomplishment and well deserved, congrats to Presley PJ.
Thanks BH! There are 18 very deserving girls on that list and girls hockey should celebrate them. David LaVaque took a lot of time into putting this together and any press for our game is a good thing. Anytime anyone has success it is met with skepticism and malice. I have read 10 pages on the "decline" of our game. We sent 16 of our "high school" girls to worlds and won gold. We have a great state tournament coming up tomorrow, and it is a time to support the girls.

My Tonka team is out and have been feverishly looking for someone to blame. Perhaps that massive EP school with a 1,000 kids per class or that ref that called off that first period goal. OR I can accept that my team did not perform on that day and tip my hat to EP.

All I know is we need to embrace these girls they are todays future. Our game of "girls hockey"..public, private, transfers, instate and outstate need active supporters. My childs journey is done but hopefully I can give back to the game our family loves.
Good luck to all schools this weekend. It is my goal to sit in the X and look at all the POSITIVE things happening down there. If anyone see's me and has a flask, feel free to find me because I am sure I will still be pouting a little!

MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:52 am

36Guy

Post by 36Guy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:56 am

sinbin

Post by sinbin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:33 am

Congrats, 36. Now it's time to up the ante. No less than 2 national championships the next 4 years for the lady Badgers.

Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:29 am

sinbin wrote:Congrats, 36. Now it's time to up the ante. No less than 2 national championships the next 4 years for the lady Badgers.
Not interested! The title is just fine over here in Gopher land...

36Guy

Post by 36Guy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:44 am

Sparlimb wrote:
sinbin wrote:Congrats, 36. Now it's time to up the ante. No less than 2 national championships the next 4 years for the lady Badgers.
Not interested! The title is just fine over here in Gopher land...
We would be grateful for the opportunity to compete for one. Be careful Sparlimb ...with 7 families from Wisconsin on your HM team, depending on who your around you may be the minority! #-o