State Tournament Coverage

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MNHockeyFan

State Tournament Coverage

Post by MNHockeyFan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:38 am

For everyone's information the Quarterfinals for both Class A and AA will be streamed on GrandStadium.tv via Channel 45. When you go to Channel 45's website (https://prep45.grandstadium.tv/home.aspx) and click on "Live Events Pass" this is what you'll see:

'Thank you for your interest in the Prep45 Internet broadcasts powered by GrandStadium. As GrandStadium has grown to serve over 200,000 hours of live tournament webcasts each year, we have invested in new technologies to improve the webcasts and to offer the games on a variety of mobile devices.

In order to continue offering the game webcasts and deliver a quality viewing experience, GrandStadium will need to charge a nominal fee of $6.97 / day of each live MSHSL Tournament, and for on-delay viewing, a fee of $6.97 each title (3 day access). New this year is a multi-day pass, please look for details when making your purchase. Those events scheduled for over-air broadcast will continue to be broadcast across Minnesota for free on 45TV and their affiliated providers.

Please visit the Event-Schedule tab on Prep45.com for a listing of this season’s live events.

If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail us at
support@grandstadium.tv - or call - 888-406-7073."

So basically it's $6.97 for the A Quarterfinals + $6.97 for the AA Quarterfinals (purchased separately),
- OR -
you can buy the whole package which consists of quarterfinals, the semifinals and finals (both classes) for $14.97.

As in past years the semi's and finals for both classes will be shown live on Channel 45 TV. Check your TV provider's channel listing to watch on 45's HD channel.

uofmhedfan23

MSBN to Broadcast the 2016 Girls State Hockey Tournament

Post by uofmhedfan23 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:20 pm

The MSBN Sports Network will be live streaming ALL 16 games from the Xcel Energy Center this week on MSBNsports.net! With some of the best broadcasters in the Twin Cities and beyond, MSBN continues to be a leader in broadcasting across the state, as we add to the more than 13,000 sporting events we have covered since September 2005. Of course, we are excited to continue our coverage of Minnesota High School athletics at it's highest level, the State Tournament!

Check out the coverage February 17-20 on MSBN with Quarterfinal, Semifinal, and Medal Game coverage of the 2016 Girls State Hockey Tournament in both Class A & AA on MSBNsports.net!

Best of luck to all the teams and fans and we hope to read your emails and tweets on the air during the broadcasts! :D

2/17/2016 - ALL 4 CLASS A QUARTERFINALS
2/18/2016 - ALL 4 CLASS AA QUARTERFINALS
2/19/2016 - ALL 4 SEMIFINALS - CLASS A & AA
2/20/2016 - CLASS A & AA CHAMPIONSHIPS & 3RD PLACE GAMES

MSBNsports.net!
Twitter: @MSBNsports
You're listening to HS hockey on MSBN

sinbin

Post by sinbin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:19 am

How come no one has yet groused about the A games costing the same as the AA games?

thegreatone99

Post by thegreatone99 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:24 am

sinbin wrote:How come no one has yet groused about the A games costing the same as the AA games?
Why would there by any difference in price? It's the same quality with B & B :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:47 am

sinbin wrote:How come no one has yet groused about the A games costing the same as the AA games?
I would rather grouse about 60-2 in shots. Would have a tough time paying to watch this. Felt bad for the Luverne kids. First time there and super excited, only to run into a loaded Blake team.

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:48 am

Who would you like them to play in this group of 8? For that matter, take the section runner up from the other sections and ponder the match up. Just sayin'.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:04 pm

The live stream as provided by prep45 and GrandStadium was much appreciated, but it was not without issues. The picture quality was fine, but the camera work was often overly busy and jerky, which at times made the action hard to follow. Occasionally there would be dropouts, and I'm positive that the cause of the freezing wasn't on my end.

They would also be well-served to use some different music when the announcers would go silent between periods and games, or better yet arrange for some interviews with coaches and players, or maybe some video highlights of the preceding period, as opposed to just dead time with the same boring music.

Also, other than Pete Wagoneer doing this afternoon's games, most of the announcers were just average. For the most part they were knowledgeable about the game and the players on the team they were associated with, but they contributed little to the excitement that the players were providing on the ice. In general they just needed more enthusiasm.

I hate to be overly critical as I did very much appreciate being able to view all the quarterfinal games, but I thought I would offer my suggestions on how next year's streaming broadcasts could be improved to make it more enjoyable for the viewers.

P.S. I'm sending this feedback to Channel 45 also.

The Bone

Post by The Bone » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:59 pm

PLEASE REPLACE KARYN BYE!

rascalbrock

Post by rascalbrock » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:06 pm

The Bone wrote:PLEASE REPLACE KARYN BYE!
Why? I thought she did fine.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:24 pm

rascalbrock wrote:
The Bone wrote:PLEASE REPLACE KARYN BYE!
Why? I thought she did fine.
Yes, me too. And I would ask The Bone, who would you replace her with?