2016 MN Tier 1 State Tournament Finals

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hansonbrother

2016 MN Tier 1 State Tournament Finals

Post by Hansonbrother »

Tonight at Schwans 10/25

U16

Elite Sky vs Shattuck St Mary's @ 6:30

U19

Elite Red vs Shattuck St Mary's @ 8:30
titleist

Re: 2016 MN Tier 1 State Tournament Finals

Post by titleist »

Hansonbrother wrote:Tonight at Schwans 10/25

U16

Elite Sky vs Shattuck St Mary's @ 6:30

U19

Elite Red vs Shattuck St Mary's @ 8:30

Big win for Elite Sky!! 4-3 in double overtime
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

Congrats to Sky. SSM U16 is a great team that was relentless and very well coached each time I saw them this fall.

Sky was clearly the most consistent U16 Elite league team this fall and should have been the team to face them in the state game (or whatever it was called). According to the internet the only 2 losses this season for SSM was to U19 Elite White and Black. They tied Sky early in the season.

Who scored goals for Sky & SSM?

What happened in game 2? Would be fun to have an Elite League sweep.

So does Sky go to U16 Nationals? Imagine how much better they can/could be with a little coaching/systems play. I believe that the only coaching the Elite teams get is on the bench and in the locker rooms. Zero practices together.
Iceburg

Post by Iceburg »

massalsa wrote:Who scored goals for Sky & SSM?
SSM: Putrah (Hauswirth, Merlo)
Sky: Delianedis (un.)

Sky: Rud (Scribner)
SSM: Fogila (Hauswirth, Putrah)

SSM: Hauswirth (Bink, Putrah)
Sky: Shearen (B. Burton)

no scoring

Sky: Delianedis (Agerter)
Last edited by Iceburg on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iceburg

Post by Iceburg »

massalsa wrote:What happened in game 2?
SSM: Ostertag (un.)
SSM: Murphy (un.)

Red: Boreen (Haberman, McClanahan)
SSM: DeGeorge (Foggia, Breza)

SSM: Promersberger (un.)
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

Sky has one of the best young female coaches around. She is going to do a wonderful job at Armstrong/Cooper
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

I didn't think the high school season started for another month. How about posting 16u tier1 news that most don't care about somewhere else like on the youth page? They can play with the big girls in a few years.
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

Post by NORTHWOODS HOCKEY »

pepperpot wrote:I didn't think the high school season started for another month. How about posting 16u tier1 news that most don't care about somewhere else like on the youth page? They can play with the big girls in a few years.
Ignorance is bliss!
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

pepperpot wrote:I didn't think the high school season started for another month. How about posting 16u tier1 news that most don't care about somewhere else like on the youth page? They can play with the big girls in a few years.
I thought it started this coming Monday. :?:
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

zambonidriver wrote:Sky has one of the best young female coaches around. She is going to do a wonderful job at Armstrong/Cooper
She definitely has a #1 goalie. Heard that goalie held SSM U16 scoreless until midway thru the 2nd period with only 9 skaters for the Royal team earlier this fall. She definitely has the ability to keep Arm/Coop in many games. Will they be able to score any goals?
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

zambonidriver wrote:Sky has one of the best young female coaches around. She is going to do a wonderful job at Armstrong/Cooper
No way I dispute this contention, she has coached my daughter as well and is a great teacher. It is hilarious coming from you : ).
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
Ignorance is bliss!
Nah, ignorance is ignorance....SSM U16 and Sky U16 can line up with any team in MSHSL...and beat them

MSHSL season officially starts Mon, but everyone knows that,and games can start Nov 10..
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

So does Sky get an invite to Tier 1 Nationals?

It would be interesting to see SSM U16 vs any of the top 5 or so MN HS teams midseason. SSM U19 would beat Edina/MG/Blake/whomever 90% of the time. Any of the u19 Elite teams would beat any of those same teams 75% of the time.
titleist

Post by titleist »

massalsa wrote:Congrats to Sky. SSM U16 is a great team that was relentless and very well coached each time I saw them this fall.

Sky was clearly the most consistent U16 Elite league team this fall and should have been the team to face them in the state game (or whatever it was called). According to the internet the only 2 losses this season for SSM was to U19 Elite White and Black. They tied Sky early in the season.

Who scored goals for Sky & SSM?

What happened in game 2? Would be fun to have an Elite League sweep.

So does Sky go to U16 Nationals? Imagine how much better they can/could be with a little coaching/systems play. I believe that the only coaching the Elite teams get is on the bench and in the locker rooms. Zero practices together.
My only complaint about Elite League is that there aren't any practices, and in our case, we never had the same coach for more than 2 games...so the kids just ruled the lines and the line changes; as most of the coaches seemed to be afraid to say anything or change anything. But the trade off was that the competition was fantastic...much better than a high school season.
titleist

Post by titleist »

You do realize that many of the U16's on Sky have already played two years of varsity hockey, and most all of the others played varsity last year... so I guess in essence, they already do play with the big girls....and here I thought you knew everything.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Silly me. I thought this forum was about high school hockey, not super-duper elite special fantastic premium number one 16u national champions of the world. :roll:
titleist

Post by titleist »

pepperpot wrote:Silly me. I thought this forum was about high school hockey, not super-duper elite special fantastic premium number one 16u national champions of the world. :roll:
Well, there you go thinkin' again....don't think, it'll only hurt the team :lol:
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

jg2112 wrote:
No way I dispute this contention, she has coached my daughter as well and is a great teacher. It is hilarious coming from you : ).
Known her for a long time #-o very passionate and charismatic she is a pied piper kids will flock to her and the program if the parents stay out of the way. Very strong willed grew up in a football coaches house.