Rumor mill at FL rink saying AD will not allow girls to tryo

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

should Girls be allowed to play Boys high school hockey.

Poll ended at Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:11 am

yes
37%
no
63%
my son had head injuy i want him to transfer to Forest Lake girls team. .
No votes

Total votes: 19

old goalie85

Rumor mill at FL rink saying AD will not allow girls to tryo

Post by old goalie85 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:00 am

It is called boys/girls hockey. not youth like mn hockey. Forest Lake hockey would go the same direction of FL football AG . [after Grant] this would be no fault of Jon Loo or his staff. Not a personal attack on you Bonidriver.

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:01 pm

Was there a rumor girls were asking to tryout?

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:40 pm

next year a goalie

thegreatone99

Post by thegreatone99 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:13 pm

with the tremendous upside in girls hockey why would a girl wish to play boys HS hockey, blasphemy

Hansonbrother

Post by Hansonbrother » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:04 pm

What is the big deal? Its already been done and now she's playing for UMD. If that is her choice, so be it. If you get beat out for the position, work harder. If she doesn't make it, don't screw up two teams by trying to come back to girls varsity...you made your choice, so deal with it.

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:18 am

So if my son gets a head injury . I should be able, Well no girls where he goes . But I m sure you get the point. What is the big deal he would take a spot from a girl she should get better !!!! Right ??? :roll:

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:17 am

First of all let's get one thing clear the goalie in question has no intention of trying out for the boys team. As Old goalie 85 will attribute that boy or girl she is the best goalie right now in the Fl system. Girls have played boys before Krissy Wendell, Winny Brodt, Kerry Wethington Cami Granato, If you have an extremely talented player be it male or female and they want to continue to be challenged and continue to develop then let the kid choose. Ultimately the AD and coach along with the person trying out should all come to the decision on what is best for the program. The old male chauvinist idea how come a girl can try out for boys but a boy can't tryout for girls is one of the most ignorant arguments a person can make. The goalie you are talking about (my Daughter) Trains with boys during the summer and has no issues and actually stands out. The only reason she was not the boys AA bantam goalie last year was we bought our house too late. She graded out 10 points ahead of the boy who played AA last year. Also Lakeville North has a girl playing AA Bantams this year. As to the football reference I know Mike grant very well and Forest Lake was Just an average team under Grant also. He didn't really start to have success until he moved to EP you can look it up.

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:54 am

She is by far the best goalie that age in Flake town school district !!!

I can' t understand good for girls but not boys. Chauvinistic I have been called worse.. :oops:

Best goalie last year/ Ten points ?? Not going to touch that. I don't know what Ten points equates to. [besides touchdown/extra point kick/fieldgoal] I do know what those boys on BAA last year said. Butt they are probably chauvinistic.

I know mike and members of his staff as well, played on those teams at FL when he had 700 to 800 win % including State Quarter finals. Not one win in seven years. [this has nothing vs you] you have only coached here forsix months. The point about football is pertaining to loosing more kids. AND I do know something about that. One first year goalie in particular. :wink:

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:47 am

Mike Grants Record at Forest Lake
1981 4-4
82 2-7
83 2-7
84 4-5
85 your senior year 5-4
86 9-2
89 2-7
90 8-3
91 9-3
career at Flake 45-42
Winning percentage of 517
1987-1988 assistant coach at SJU :lol:

Daulton21

Post by Daulton21 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:19 pm

This post has me confused. So there's a rumor that a girl may want to play on the boys team, however the girls parent states she's not interested. So how does a rumor like this get started? And if its a rumor, I assume most high school AD's don't make decisions based on rumors flying around the rink (at least I sure hope not) If the party being talked about has no interest, how does the conversation get started, and include the AD in the first place? Oh, and then we end this conversation with a football coaches winning percentage. Anyway, by no means am I trying to offend anyone, so please don't take it that way. Its just a confusing, funny read.

Hansonbrother

Post by Hansonbrother » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:20 pm

old goalie85 wrote:So if my son gets a head injury . I should be able, Well no girls where he goes . But I m sure you get the point. What is the big deal he would take a spot from a girl she should get better !!!! Right ??? :roll:
Am I missing your point here? I'm under the concept that you're pissed off because a girl can try to move up to compete against better competition; but a boy can't move down to lesser competition...and then if a girl should move up, and make it, she's taking a spot away from a boy...am I understanding this correctly?

I guess if I'm a coach, I want the best players on my team, no matter who they are.