2017 HP thread...

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

massalsa

2017 HP thread...

Post by massalsa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:05 pm

Might as well start an HP thread as HP 16/17 is the weekend of 3/31-4/2 and then 54s is 4/21-4/23. I believe that HP 15 is also 4/21-4/23.

Here are the link for HP 16 (click for rosters):

http://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/sho ... son=385112

Here is HP 17:

http://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/sho ... son=385112

Some early thoughts:

1. 13 kids total from Brainerd and North Wright County on 16's section 8. Only 2 from those schools at 17's.

2. 13 kids combined on section 6 teams from Edina.

3. Zero Blaine players at 16 and 3 at 17.

4. Total of 5 Shattuck kids (3 on 17 & 2 on 16 and all D1 committed).

5. More New Prague players than EP in section 2.

6. 10 Blake kids (7 on 17's).

7. Only 2 Andover at 16 and none at 17. Heard that they might have a bunch of 15's and then again the year after...

MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:49 pm

HP...The who's who of who paid Winny.

nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:23 pm

MN_Bowhunter wrote:HP...The who's who of who paid Winny.

so .....mbh......who else trains girls and gives them opportunities....

I'll make it easy for you, just post your list, contact info not necessary, others will do the heavy- lifting once you provide your list

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:31 pm

13 kids total from Brainerd and North Wright County on 16's section 8.
Were there any cuts, or did 18 skaters tryout?
If NWC had 5 D and a goalie at 01, and a D at 00, they should have never been scored on in the section tourney.

Lake South Alum

Post by Lake South Alum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:25 pm

Does anybody know why there is a girl listed as being from Duluth on the Section 6 HP17 team?

ZamboniGuy

Post by ZamboniGuy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Lake South Alum wrote:Does anybody know why there is a girl listed as being from Duluth on the Section 6 HP17 team?
Sometimes if a girl doesn't make it for their section and another section is short they are able to play with that section. Hailee Berg from Centennial is a section 5 player also list on the roster. A couple of yeas ago my daughter didn't make in her district for 15's but was given the opportunity to fill in on another district team. She chose not to but a teammate did.

MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:57 pm

nu2hockey wrote:

Literally, dozens, if not hundreds of other people.

I'll make it easy for you, just post your list, contact info not necessary, others will do the heavy- lifting once you provide your list

Eggs
Milk
Bread
Cereal
Hamburger
Ragu
Doritos
Hormel Chili with beans
Mountain Dew
Toilet Paper (2 ply, I'm a big $hitter)

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:17 pm

They only take Winny kids? Winny does the eval? What does this mean

JJhockeySS

Post by JJhockeySS » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:43 pm

There was a time when HP was the only way to get noticed and it was a must do for all those who were hoping to play college hockey. Those days have past, and it seems participation is down along with the quality and the tempo of play.

It also seems the timing is weird this year as it falls during many schools spring break, I know at some schools it is also the start of Spring sports, as in some programs the Lax team is out of town for spring break as that is how they do tryouts.

While it's interesting to look at numbers and teams and see some interesting things I don't know that those numbers will translate to what we see on the ice next winter.

Lake South Alum

Post by Lake South Alum » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:06 pm

ZamboniGuy wrote:
Lake South Alum wrote:Does anybody know why there is a girl listed as being from Duluth on the Section 6 HP17 team?
Sometimes if a girl doesn't make it for their section and another section is short they are able to play with that section. Hailee Berg from Centennial is a section 5 player also list on the roster. A couple of yeas ago my daughter didn't make in her district for 15's but was given the opportunity to fill in on another district team. She chose not to but a teammate did.
I thought it was something like that. Does that mean Section 6 was "short" girls? Does that seem strange?

Hansonbrother

Post by Hansonbrother » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:35 pm

MN_Bowhunter wrote:
nu2hockey wrote:

Eggs
Milk
Bread
Cereal
Hamburger
Ragu
Doritos
Hormel Chili with beans
Mountain Dew
Another uninformed hockey dad who thinks they can do it better and cheaper and yet get the same results as Winny. Probably the same parent that signs their kid up for a tournament in May and thinks every college will be there and come and scout it.
There is a reason why Os is well respected by all the colleges in the country. There is a reason why the colleges contact her when looking for a player. There are reasons why 90% of the top kids in MN want to play in her programs and want to be mentored by her or any of her staff. But if you have all her contacts, and can attract the best competition for my daughter to compete against all summer for a better price, can I have your number so I can get my kid signed up?

itsfoilcoach

Post by itsfoilcoach » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:29 am

Hansonbrother wrote:
MN_Bowhunter wrote:
nu2hockey wrote:

Eggs
Milk
Bread
Cereal
Hamburger
Ragu
Doritos
Hormel Chili with beans
Mountain Dew
Another uninformed hockey dad who thinks they can do it better and cheaper and yet get the same results as Winny. Probably the same parent that signs their kid up for a tournament in May and thinks every college will be there and come and scout it.
There is a reason why Os is well respected by all the colleges in the country. There is a reason why the colleges contact her when looking for a player. There are reasons why 90% of the top kids in MN want to play in her programs and want to be mentored by her or any of her staff. But if you have all her contacts, and can attract the best competition for my daughter to compete against all summer for a better price, can I have your number so I can get my kid signed up?

and now a message from our sponsor... Mr.HansonWinnyBrother - Say are you a paid spokesmen just wondering. ; )

Hansonbrother

Post by Hansonbrother » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:54 am

itsfoilcoach wrote:
Hansonbrother wrote:
MN_Bowhunter wrote:
nu2hockey wrote:

Eggs
Milk
Bread
Cereal
Hamburger
Ragu
Doritos
Hormel Chili with beans
Mountain Dew

and now a message from our sponsor... Mr.HansonWinnyBrother - Say are you a paid spokesmen just wondering. ; )
Not a sponsor, but a realist. Say what you want, and point fingers if you will, but there isn't anyone who promotes these kids better than her.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:10 am

Hansonbrother wrote:Not a sponsor, but a realist. Say what you want, and point fingers if you will, but there isn't anyone who promotes these kids better than her.
And arguably in the off-season nor is there anyone who prepares the kids better than her.

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:37 am

29 skaters tried out d2 HP 15. down from Last year 53.
the 02 birth year first of the recession years.

C_R

Post by C_R » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:45 am

zambonidriver wrote:29 skaters tried out d2 HP 15. down from Last year 53.
How does the 29 compare to the number that tried out for D2 HP14 in 2016? Was there still interest/participation from those who tried out and were cut at the 14's level?

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:56 am

Are the 03's down too?

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:59 am

C_R wrote:
How does the 29 compare to the number that tried out for D2 HP14 in 2016? Was there still interest/participation from those who tried out and were cut at the 14's level?
up more kids this year. This is the year to get noticed and in the national team pool. People I talked to for 16's and 17's said numbers were down at those levels.

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:01 pm

Mavs wrote:
Are the 03's down too?
IDK my 02 is my last kid.

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:10 pm

zambonidriver wrote:
Mavs wrote:
Are the 03's down too?
Okay, I heard they had huge numbers for 03 but I don't know what they were comparing to and I didn't ask a follow up question so don't know what huge means. Is huge 40? 60? not sure

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:11 pm

Mavs wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
Mavs wrote:
Are the 03's down too?
Okay, I heard they had huge numbers for 03 but I don't know what they were comparing to and I didn't ask a follow up question so don't know what huge means. Is huge 40? 60? not sure
wasn't that the 1969 vikings?

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:12 pm

zambonidriver wrote:
Mavs wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
Mavs wrote:
Are the 03's down too?
I like it

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:18 pm

Mavs wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
Mavs wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
Mavs wrote:
Are the 03's down too?
I like it
:lol:

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:42 pm

ZamboniGuy wrote:
It looks like there is/was another section 5 player from Maple Grove on another section as well.

Section 5 has 10/28 forwards invited to National Camp last year...

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:09 pm

massalsa wrote:
ZamboniGuy wrote:
It looks like there is/was another section 5 player from Maple Grove on another section as well.

Section 5 has 10/28 forwards invited to National Camp last year...
and Breza would be there if still at Breck