SECTIONAL ADJUSTMENTS FOR NEW SEASON

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

nu2hockey

SECTIONAL ADJUSTMENTS FOR NEW SEASON

Post by nu2hockey »

I believe the MSHSL has an October 5 board meeting. Does any one know if the MSHSL board makes its final section decisions at that time? Since the HUB is filling in the new Schedules on the website, Fall hockey is starting , and the HS season will be here before we know it, someone asked me about AA/A alignments.

Mainly just wondering of these 5 who will want to revert to class A as opposed to staying in class AA:

1AA Northfield, Owatonna
2AA New Prague
6AA Minnehaha
7AA Princeton
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

I would imagine all five of these schools would like to go single A.

Picking out one, it seems the MSHSL has set the table for Minnehaha to drop to A. 6A has 7 teams, 6AA has 9 with MU.
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

They seem obvious, but, most likely go back to sec 4A. Curious to know what argument the schools would use to beg the MSHSL for re-alignment. C-E-C enrollment is below these and is now in sec 7A,so pretty sure they stay in A.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

My Jacks can finally compete. The switch to A was smart and needed to keep girls hockey alive in Cloquet. Hermantown isn't the queen of the north anymore, especially with their embarrassing loss last year to the young Marshall team. Expect my Lady Jacks, Hibbing and Marshall to fight for the right to go to St. Paul.
goaline

Post by goaline »

pepperpot wrote:My Jacks can finally compete. The switch to A was smart and needed to keep girls hockey alive in Cloquet. Hermantown isn't the queen of the north anymore, especially with their embarrassing loss last year to the young Marshall team. Expect my Lady Jacks, Hibbing and Marshall to fight for the right to go to St. Paul.

Proc-Herm is the most talented and deepest team in 7A this year,, doesn't mean they'll win it however
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

goaline wrote:
pepperpot wrote:My Jacks can finally compete. The switch to A was smart and needed to keep girls hockey alive in Cloquet. Hermantown isn't the queen of the north anymore, especially with their embarrassing loss last year to the young Marshall team. Expect my Lady Jacks, Hibbing and Marshall to fight for the right to go to St. Paul.

Proc-Herm is the most talented and deepest team in 7A this year,, doesn't mean they'll win it however
Do they have some talented young players coming in? I know they lost a lot to graduation,but maybe the rebuild will be quick....
Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 »

Switch to A was smart and needed LONG A GO! Your leaving out proctor-Hermantown; that's a mistake. Yes, they got upset last year...but you can't count them out. The Mirage have a pretty good record vs. your jacks.

Hibbing is always descent, which I find odd. Marshall, they surprised a lot of people.
ShakestheClown

Post by ShakestheClown »

Upfan111 wrote:
Switch to A was smart and needed LONG A GO! Your leaving out proctor-Hermantown; that's a mistake. Yes, they got upset last year...but you can't count them out. The Mirage have a pretty good record vs. your jacks.

Hibbing is always descent, which I find odd. Marshall, they surprised a lot of people.
CEC dropping down is the right decision for that program. I wish them great success.

Why do you find Hibbing being always decent odd?

Marshall isn't so much a surprise, more of an example of good coaching and players who execute.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

"Proc-Herm is the most talented and deepest team in 7A this year" That's funny! They lost Kero, Stafne, Hoff and Halverson. Those 4 made 99% of their scoring. If you look at their stats, they don't have anyone coming up that can score. Their top forward this year Hykus had 7 goals last year. They have two goalies that are ok. The best players now are D that can score a few, but they can't carry the team without strong forwards and someone in the net. Hibbing is in similar shoes as Hermantown. Lost some really good players. We have an untested goalie and lost some offensive punch too. The Birdies flew the coop at Moose, Eveleth is just bad. Two Harbors is also bad. Falls could be a dark horse. I'm guessing the team that won 5 games last year then spanked Hermantown is the favorite. Young team, all returned, good goalie, good coach, lots of money.
ShakestheClown

Post by ShakestheClown »

Marshall has the strongest case to represent 7A in St. Paul, followed by Cloquet. If I-Falls can find scoring they could be a dark horse. Hibbing and Hermantown will see a big drop off this year. It'll be interesting to see where they find their goals from...
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

pepperpot wrote:"Proc-Herm is the most talented and deepest team in 7A this year" That's funny! They lost Kero, Stafne, Hoff and Halverson. Those 4 made 99% of their scoring. If you look at their stats, they don't have anyone coming up that can score. Their top forward this year Hykus had 7 goals last year. They have two goalies that are ok. The best players now are D that can score a few, but they can't carry the team without strong forwards and someone in the net. Hibbing is in similar shoes as Hermantown. Lost some really good players. We have an untested goalie and lost some offensive punch too. The Birdies flew the coop at Moose, Eveleth is just bad. Two Harbors is also bad. Falls could be a dark horse. I'm guessing the team that won 5 games last year then spanked Hermantown is the favorite. Young team, all returned, good goalie, good coach, lots of money.
Marshall will be tough, how long till you bring up private, recruits, etc? You can't count out Hibbing and proctor; they may have lost a lot, but there's something to be said about being in a winning program, watching and seeing how to play in their specific system, etc. jacks have 2 stud forwards and then?? Two harbors not good, Everett, not good, moose lake...the birds were good for A, not sure if they have anything behind them?
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Thanks Rocket, you saved me some time!