14-1 Wow

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

thegreatone99

14-1 Wow

Post by thegreatone99 »

How does a game like this help anyone? Girls hockey clearly becoming haves and have-nots, pretty soon teams will be following North Dakota.
ghshockeyfan

Re: 14-1 Wow

Post by ghshockeyfan »

thegreatone99 wrote:How does a game like this help anyone? Girls hockey clearly becoming haves and have-nots, pretty soon teams will be following North Dakota.
I agree. Not sure what game in particular you are talking about but many years we've seen teams putting up high teens and into the 20's. I only had one of these get away from me in about a decade behind the bench. It happens but shouldn't regularly.
thegreatone99

Post by thegreatone99 »

Edina vs Duluth, would expect Duluth to be stronger based on their numbers?
massalsa

Re: 14-1 Wow

Post by massalsa »

thegreatone99 wrote:How does a game like this help anyone? Girls hockey clearly becoming haves and have-nots, pretty soon teams will be following North Dakota.
The same team lost to Blake 7-4 in less than 24 hours. I would say that it probably helped them in that game.

Blake beat Proctor/Hermantown 9-0 Friday night. Then P/H lost to Edina (only guessing by looking at their twitter feed as they like to take their time in reporting scores) 7-1.

Who did these games help or hinder more? If I had to guess the beneficiaries of these games were all 4 teams but my OPINION is that they helped both Duluth and also P/H the most.

I know if I was P/H (as a coach or a player) i want to play the defending A champs if I want to take my team to the state tourney and have a shot at the championship.

That is just an early thought/opinion.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

thegreatone99 wrote:Edina vs Duluth, would expect Duluth to be stronger based on their numbers?
For whatever reason girls hockey just hasn't caught on in Duluth. Huge contrast to the boys, which has a powerhouse Class AA team in Duluth East, and perennial Class A champion in nearby Hermantown.