Lance not on All Tournament Team - worst omission ever?

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

O-townClown
Posts: 3673
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Lance not on All Tournament Team - worst omission ever?

Post by O-townClown » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:28 pm

Did I miss something? They just read off an ATT with 12 players or so including 4 from Edina and a slew of forwards.

No Aaliya Lance?

Game winner in semi.
Game winner in finals.

I'm sorry. When the sun goes down the stars come out and she shone brighter than anyone else.

Clutch.

I must not understand the award process.
Be kind. Rewind.

Don't Poke The Bear
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by Don't Poke The Bear » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:49 pm

HUGE miss in not picking Aliyah Lance as one of the 4 players from Edina to make the All Tournament Team. Below is some insight into how the selection committee is formed.

---

All-Tournament Team Selection Committee Members Sought
01/18/2018, 10:00am CST
By Morris
The Minnesota Girls Hockey Coaches Association is seeking new members for the All-Tournament Team Selection Committee. Committee members are responsible for picking the all-tournament team players during the MSHSL Girls State Tournament in February.

Qualifications include:

Current or previous high school experience
Ability to be at all four days of the tournament (Wednesday thru Saturday)
Work well with others and maintain a professional approach to the selection process.
Perks for Committee Members:

Free admission to all games at the Xcel Energy Center and Ridder Arena
Parking passes for both tourney locations
Committee dinner on Wednesday at a downtown restaurant between sessions provided by the MGHCA
If interested, please send an email to link provided below. Information needed will include your home address including zip code, email address and a mobile phone number.

Executive Director
MGHCA
Phone: 612-599-5112

ghshockeyfan
Posts: 6132
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:33 pm
Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN
Contact:

Harder than it looks

Post by ghshockeyfan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:07 pm

I did this for a few years a while back and it is not easy.

I entirely understand what the point is though.

She was clutch. No question.

O-townClown
Posts: 3673
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Post by O-townClown » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:33 pm

Thank you for insight into the process, and thanks for confirming my suspicion that others would also feel she belongs based on the performances.

Edina won close games versus Blake, Eden Prairie, and Centennial to become state champs. Late in games like those you wonder who is going to make the plays to score the goals that decide who wins. The past two nights it was her.

Worth noting her goal late in the 2nd period of the Blake game squared things at 2-2, resulting in a much different tone at intermission. I wasn't at the game, but did hear how huge that goal was.

She was money during this postseason run and deserves recognition. Too bad it wasn't formally awarded on ice at the X.
Be kind. Rewind.

thegreatone99
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:45 am

Post by thegreatone99 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:09 am

O-townClown wrote:Thank you for insight into the process, and thanks for confirming my suspicion that others would also feel she belongs based on the performances.

Edina won close games versus Blake, Eden Prairie, and Centennial to become state champs. Late in games like those you wonder who is going to make the plays to score the goals that decide who wins. The past two nights it was her.

Worth noting her goal late in the 2nd period of the Blake game squared things at 2-2, resulting in a much different tone at intermission. I wasn't at the game, but did hear how huge that goal was.

She was money during this postseason run and deserves recognition. Too bad it wasn't formally awarded on ice at the X.
Wow I did not know parents make their own subjects now, be happy you won...

Lace'emUp
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:37 am

Re: Lance not on All Tournament Team - worst omission ever?

Post by Lace'emUp » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:07 am

O-townClown wrote:Did I miss something? They just read off an ATT with 12 players or so including 4 from Edina and a slew of forwards.

No Aaliya Lance?

Game winner in semi.
Game winner in finals.

I'm sorry. When the sun goes down the stars come out and she shone brighter than anyone else.

Clutch.

I must not understand the award process.
I 100% agree. It would be great if someone from the “panel” could explain. Makes no sense at all. Nor did it make any sense to add an Eagan defender who was apart of a 6-1 shellacking and was a minus 1? A couple others from Edina or Centennial are more deserving. Again, how does that performance warrant an award, and how does someone like Lance’s performance not? It’s not just a “miss”, it’s a shame.

j4241
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by j4241 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:12 am

Edina is a terrific team, and earned their way to a title. This stuff is peripheral in the scheme of things, but I absolutely agree with the original post. I also don’t know what the best approach is to spreading it across partciipating teams - Edina probably deserved more than 4. The selection of Edina players was odd in other ways, though. I would have judged 2 or the 4 awardees as among the 5 biggest contributors to the Edina performances - and two were debatably in the next 5. But the whole team was good, so opinions varying is probably reasonable.

MN_Bowhunter
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:08 am

Post by MN_Bowhunter » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:02 am

Another slight?

Lexi Baker. 938% 122 of 130, I believe the previous record for saves in a 3 game tournament was 109 or 110.

Deserves recognition in my opinion.

Mnnstar
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Mnnstar » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:00 am

MN_Bowhunter wrote:Another slight?

Lexi Baker. 938% 122 of 130, I believe the previous record for saves in a 3 game tournament was 109 or 110.

Deserves recognition in my opinion.
She made either all state or all state honorable mention :D

O-townClown
Posts: 3673
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Post by O-townClown » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:38 am

MN_Bowhunter wrote:Another slight?

Lexi Baker. 938% 122 of 130, I believe the previous record for saves in a 3 game tournament was 109 or 110.

Deserves recognition in my opinion.
For sure. Goaltending is different because there are so few spots. Maybe just caught in a numbers squeeze.
Be kind. Rewind.

highgloveside
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by highgloveside » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:46 am

Speaking of that, anyone know the breakdown of who won what for state awards? the 10 total goalies and 10 forwards are listed but any surprises or omissions for other awards?

itsfoilcoach
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by itsfoilcoach » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:49 pm

highgloveside wrote:Speaking of that, anyone know the breakdown of who won what for state awards? the 10 total goalies and 10 forwards are listed but any surprises or omissions for other awards?
A hot topic for me in which I can’t comment. I wish I could however. But without going to deep, and to somewhat stop my urge to comment further and start something that could possibly ruffle some feathers. I will say this. I’m not a surprise on one side for the award given. But the other side... I refrain from comment. Regardless of my cryptic reply here. These twenty girls are all great athletes that will be moving on to some great college careers. Good luck to them all. The class AA All State had some interesting omissions/insertion I thought. The class A was pretty well done.

highgloveside
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by highgloveside » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:43 pm

certainly OK to ruffle feathers on the Forum. Most can take it. As long as no players are the target. It is assuredly not any players fault for getting an award or recognition of a job well done. I think all can make an argument one way or another on who may have deserved to get recognition but it is hard to argue against someone who did in fact get an award. This state is very fortunate to have as many quality girls as it does, with that being said, let's hear from or about anyone who deserves some recognition who may not have received an award. I'll bet the list of players will be long and only further proves how good MN actually is. Stating your case for a particular player doesn't necessarily mean you are stating a case against any player. I'll Start with this one: Claire Butorac. Very nice player, will no doubt get her day soon.

itsfoilcoach
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by itsfoilcoach » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:06 pm

highgloveside wrote:certainly OK to ruffle feathers on the Forum. Most can take it. As long as no players are the target. It is assuredly not any players fault for getting an award or recognition of a job well done. I think all can make an argument one way or another on who may have deserved to get recognition but it is hard to argue against someone who did in fact get an award. This state is very fortunate to have as many quality girls as it does, with that being said, let's hear from or about anyone who deserves some recognition who may not have received an award. I'll bet the list of players will be long and only further proves how good MN actually is. Stating your case for a particular player doesn't necessarily mean you are stating a case against any player. I'll Start with this one: Claire Butorac. Very nice player, will no doubt get her day soon.
Well Im short on time, so more to come.

Lucy Morgan - G
Mannon McMahon - F
Clair Butoric - F

woody
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:40 am

Post by woody » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:18 pm

highgloveside wrote:certainly OK to ruffle feathers on the Forum. Most can take it. As long as no players are the target. It is assuredly not any players fault for getting an award or recognition of a job well done. I think all can make an argument one way or another on who may have deserved to get recognition but it is hard to argue against someone who did in fact get an award. This state is very fortunate to have as many quality girls as it does, with that being said, let's hear from or about anyone who deserves some recognition who may not have received an award. I'll bet the list of players will be long and only further proves how good MN actually is. Stating your case for a particular player doesn't necessarily mean you are stating a case against any player. I'll Start with this one: Claire Butorac. Very nice player, will no doubt get her day soon.
Kelsey King from Elk River had a nice season and probably was deserving of all-state honorable mention.

In regards to Ms Hockey and Senior Goalie I think they were spot on with their picks. Dobchuck has had an incredible career with EP! In my opinion no other goalie on that stage yesterday is close to her talent level. In regards to Heise she is the best player in state hands down. I know people don't think Heise is legit because she racked up the points playing class A. But whatever stage she is put on she is the best player on the ice no questions asked. Besides that she is a great leader and very humble about it as well. You will see her in an Olympic Jersey in 4 years guaranteed.

highgloveside
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by highgloveside » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:23 pm

Yes, All nice additions
.948
51
64 pts respectively

itsfoilcoach
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by itsfoilcoach » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:33 pm

woody wrote:
highgloveside wrote:certainly OK to ruffle feathers on the Forum. Most can take it. As long as no players are the target. It is assuredly not any players fault for getting an award or recognition of a job well done. I think all can make an argument one way or another on who may have deserved to get recognition but it is hard to argue against someone who did in fact get an award. This state is very fortunate to have as many quality girls as it does, with that being said, let's hear from or about anyone who deserves some recognition who may not have received an award. I'll bet the list of players will be long and only further proves how good MN actually is. Stating your case for a particular player doesn't necessarily mean you are stating a case against any player. I'll Start with this one: Claire Butorac. Very nice player, will no doubt get her day soon.
Kelsey King from Elk River had a nice season and probably was deserving of all-state honorable mention. Hughes was not on either.

In regards to Ms Hockey and Senior Goalie I think they were spot on with their picks. Dobchuck has had an incredible career with EP! In my opinion no other goalie on that stage yesterday is close to her talent level. In regards to Heise she is the best player in state hands down. I know people don't think Heise is legit because she racked up the points playing class A. But whatever stage she is put on she is the best player on the ice no questions asked. Besides that she is a great leader and very humble about it as well. You will see her in an Olympic Jersey in 4 years guaranteed.

Hiese.. Spot on for Ms. Hockey!

Dobchuck..First don't get me wrong here. She is a great goalie, But the "not even close" opens the comparative discussion here. Plus I am fine with the Ms. Goalie pick myself as well. I will also say because she did not lead in a category doesn't mean shes not an excellent goalie.

From the MGCHA Website - Senior Goalie of the Year Award is presented to the top senior girls' high school hockey goaltender in the state, based on the following criteria: academics, community/extra-curricular activities, citizenship, coachability and, of course, on-ice performance for the 2017/2018 season.

Dobchuck.. Was she a leader in any of these areas in 2017/18 season as a Ms Senior Goalie. You must be talking about her GPA? .. (But I wish I had her GPA in school), How about SV%?...Not there. Maybe GA average?... Nope not there as well. How about Shut outs?,... Nope not a leader. Heck, Ill throw in the Win/Loss record thats really more of a team effort stat, but why not... Nope not there either. So I wouldn't say' Not even close" unless you meant her. Shes not even in the top 40 in any goalie category this year (Hockey Hub) except she ranks at - 17th for wins.
All goalies at that table were high end goalies in my book, with all stats relatively close in areas... So I know you poking the bears out there, naughty naughty Woody. Its never nice to elevate others by putting down others around them. But to dispel your judgment on the others I had to throw out some common knowledge to elevate all goalies, as well as her. It does open up all kinds of questions on your motivation on that statement. But I am going to let you ramble on, as I am sure your going to do with some glib thoughts for your rebuttal.. If you like I can post the GPA for everyone, but I am sure you can grasp how thats going to go by looking how this breakdown has went...the “ not even close “ statement still doesn’t apply compared to others. She ranked 3rd out of five in a few categories (her highest rank), and bottom 4 out of top 5 in other categories against her piers on the final five list. She actually didn't have better stats against some in the final ten list.

See below.


Maybe SHE was somewhat close to others around her you meant?

Finalist -

Lexi Baker Lakeville South - 13-8-0 2.12 . 912. SO 5 -Bemidji State

Alexa Dobchuk EP - 14-9-1 1.93 .922. SO 6 -Colgate

Anna Kruesel Blake- 22-1-2 1.26 .929. SO 9 - Amherst

Kaity McKenzie SSP St. - 18-5-2 1.30 .941. SO 10 - Cornell

Sami Miller Spring- 11-14-0 2.35 .930. SO 4 - UW-River Falls


Top ten list - the other five

Abby Bollig Farmington 8-2-0 1.80 .916 2 Augsburg

Emily Musielewicz St. Cloud 15-6-2 2.06 .931 5 Concordia (MN)

Jaela O'Brien Blaine 14-6-1 1.56 .923 6 Hamline

Mallory Tidona Northfield 9-6-2 1.90 .937 2 Bethel

McKenzie Whalen East Grand Forks 12-8-1 2.35 .922 4 UW-Superior

What really pains me in all this. I got go by the statistics that I’ve been trashing all season long because it’s the best we got.
Last edited by itsfoilcoach on Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

itsfoilcoach
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by itsfoilcoach » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:02 am

itsfoilcoach wrote:
woody wrote:
highgloveside wrote:certainly OK to ruffle feathers on the Forum. Most can take it. As long as no players are the target. It is assuredly not any players fault for getting an award or recognition of a job well done. I think all can make an argument one way or another on who may have deserved to get recognition but it is hard to argue against someone who did in fact get an award. This state is very fortunate to have as many quality girls as it does, with that being said, let's hear from or about anyone who deserves some recognition who may not have received an award. I'll bet the list of players will be long and only further proves how good MN actually is. Stating your case for a particular player doesn't necessarily mean you are stating a case against any player. I'll Start with this one: Claire Butorac. Very nice player, will no doubt get her day soon.
Kelsey King from Elk River had a nice season and probably was deserving of all-state honorable mention.

In regards to Ms Hockey and Senior Goalie I think they were spot on with their picks. Dobchuck has had an incredible career with EP! In my opinion no other goalie on that stage yesterday is close to her talent level. In regards to Heise she is the best player in state hands down. I know people don't think Heise is legit because she racked up the points playing class A. But whatever stage she is put on she is the best player on the ice no questions asked. Besides that she is a great leader and very humble about it as well. You will see her in an Olympic Jersey in 4 years guaranteed.

Hiese.. Spot on for Ms. Hockey!

Dobchuck..First don't get me wrong here. She is a great goalie, But the "not even close" opens the comparative discussion here. Plus I am fine with the Ms. Goalie pick myself as well. I will also say because she did not lead in a category doesn't mean shes not an excellent goalie.

From the MGCHA Website - Senior Goalie of the Year Award is presented to the top senior girls' high school hockey goaltender in the state, based on the following criteria: academics, community/extra-curricular activities, citizenship, coachability and, of course, on-ice performance for the 2017/2018 season.

Dobchuck.. Was she a leader in any of these areas in 2017/18 season as a Ms Senior Goalie. You must be talking about her GPA? .. (But I wish I had her GPA in school), How about SV%?...Not there. Maybe GA average?... Nope not there as well. How about Shut outs?,... Nope not a leader. Heck, Ill throw in the Win/Loss record thats really more of a team effort stat, but why not... Nope not there either. So I wouldn't say' Not even close" unless you meant her. Shes not even in the top 40 in any goalie category this year (Hockey Hub) except she ranks at - 17th for wins.
All goalies at that table were high end goalies in my book, with all stats relatively close in areas... So I know you poking the bears out there, naughty naughty Woody. Its never nice to elevate others by putting down others around them. But to dispel your judgment on the others I had to throw out some common knowledge to elevate all goalies, as well as her. It does open up all kinds of questions on your motivation on that statement. But I am going to let you ramble on, as I am sure your going to do with some glib thoughts for your rebuttal.. If you like I can post the GPA for everyone, but I am sure you can grasp how thats going to go by looking how this breakdown has went...the “ not even close “ statement still doesn’t apply compared to others. She ranked 3rd out of five in a few categories (her highest rank), and bottom 4 out of top 5 in other categories against her piers on the final five list. She actually didn't have better stats against some in the final ten list. How about the Blain goalie or the Northfield goalie?

See below.


Maybe SHE was somewhat close to others around her you meant?

Finalist -

Lexi Baker Lakeville South - 13-8-0 2.12 . 912. SO 5 -Bemidji State

Alexa Dobchuk EP - 14-9-1 1.93 .922. SO 6 -Colgate

Anna Kruesel Blake- 22-1-2 1.26 .929. SO 9 - Amherst

Kaity McKenzie SSP St. - 18-5-2 1.30 .941. SO 10 - Cornell

Sami Miller Spring- 11-14-0 2.35 .930. SO 4 - UW-River Falls


Top ten list - the other five

Abby Bollig Farmington 8-2-0 1.80 .916 2 Augsburg

Emily Musielewicz St. Cloud 15-6-2 2.06 .931 5 Concordia (MN)

Jaela O'Brien Blaine 14-6-1 1.56 .923 6 Hamline

Mallory Tidona Northfield 9-6-2 1.90 .937 2 Bethel

McKenzie Whalen East Grand Forks 12-8-1 2.35 .922 4 UW-Superior
Last edited by itsfoilcoach on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mnnstar
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Mnnstar » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:58 am

Remember, Coach has to nominate at beginning of year, also must be a member of MSGHCA. Some girls probably had years that surprised their coaches. They probably were not on the radar at beginning of year or were coming off a year that was average. Morgan for example was a transfer in from ND my guess is coach did not nominate at beginning of year. Only one underclassmen on either list so my guess because of the upper class bias some kids got left off. Centennial goalie in top 5 all year and had great state tournament, for all you Zamboni Driver haters out there his daughter was #1 in the Metro for most of the year. I am happy for Miller she was really good and played her whole career in a struggling program gave her team a chance every night. On the A side the Breck goalie was not the starter at the end of the year. I don't know why, but 7th grader played in tournament. Saw her play a couple of times this year she is really good. When it comes down to it individual awards are very subjective and are open to debate on places like this.

itsfoilcoach
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by itsfoilcoach » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:32 am

Mnnstar wrote:Remember, Coach has to nominate at beginning of year, also must be a member of MSGHCA. Some girls probably had years that surprised their coaches. They probably were not on the radar at beginning of year or were coming off a year that was average. Morgan for example was a transfer in from ND my guess is coach did not nominate at beginning of year. Only one underclassmen on either list so my guess because of the upper class bias some kids got left off. Centennial goalie in top 5 all year and had great state tournament, for all you Zamboni Driver haters out there his daughter was #1 in the Metro for most of the year. I am happy for Miller she was really good and played her whole career in a struggling program gave her team a chance every night. On the A side the Breck goalie was not the starter at the end of the year. I don't know why, but 7th grader played in tournament. Saw her play a couple of times this year she is really good. When it comes down to it individual awards are very subjective and are open to debate on places like this.
Agreed. I also felt it odd that the Jr Breck goalie did get an All State Honorable mention, but yet the coach played the 7th grader instead of the upper classman. Still risky at that level of a game even if she could physically do it. The maturity to handle a game at that age just isn’t there normally. She did well however. A bright future for sure.

woody
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:40 am

Post by woody » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:16 am

itsfoilcoach wrote:
highgloveside wrote:Speaking of that, anyone know the breakdown of who won what for state awards? the 10 total goalies and 10 forwards are listed but any surprises or omissions for other awards?
A hot topic for me in which I can’t comment. I wish I could however. But without going to deep, and to somewhat stop my urge to comment further and start something that could possibly ruffle some feathers. I will say this. I’m not a surprise on one side for the award given. But the other side... I refrain from comment.
"itsfoilcoach second quote"

Hiese.. Spot on for Ms. Hockey!

Dobchuck..First don't get me wrong here. She is a great goalie, But the "not even close" opens the comparative discussion here. Plus I am fine with the Ms. Goalie pick myself as well. [/quote]

"My Question"

Foil you say one thing then another. Your original quote you were unhappy with one of the picks. Now your fine with both? Which is it? :roll:

woody
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:40 am

Post by woody » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:41 pm

Mnnstar wrote:Remember, Coach has to nominate at beginning of year, also must be a member of MSGHCA. Some girls probably had years that surprised their coaches. They probably were not on the radar at beginning of year or were coming off a year that was average. Morgan for example was a transfer in from ND my guess is coach did not nominate at beginning of year. Only one underclassmen on either list so my guess because of the upper class bias some kids got left off. Centennial goalie in top 5 all year and had great state tournament, for all you Zamboni Driver haters out there his daughter was #1 in the Metro for most of the year. I am happy for Miller she was really good and played her whole career in a struggling program gave her team a chance every night. On the A side the Breck goalie was not the starter at the end of the year. I don't know why, but 7th grader played in tournament. Saw her play a couple of times this year she is really good. When it comes down to it individual awards are very subjective and are open to debate on places like this.
There are no haters of your stepdad! :lol: :lol: :lol:

itsfoilcoach
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by itsfoilcoach » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:00 pm

woody wrote:
itsfoilcoach wrote:
highgloveside wrote:Speaking of that, anyone know the breakdown of who won what for state awards? the 10 total goalies and 10 forwards are listed but any surprises or omissions for other awards?
A hot topic for me in which I can’t comment. I wish I could however. But without going to deep, and to somewhat stop my urge to comment further and start something that could possibly ruffle some feathers. I will say this. I’m not a surprise on one side for the award given. But the other side... I refrain from comment.
"itsfoilcoach second quote"

Hiese.. Spot on for Ms. Hockey!

Dobchuck..First don't get me wrong here. She is a great goalie, But the "not even close" opens the comparative discussion here. Plus I am fine with the Ms. Goalie pick myself as well.
"My Question"

Foil you say one thing then another. Your original quote you were unhappy with one of the picks. Now your fine with both? Which is it? :roll:[/quote]


So when I say "fine" Woody its not a glowing approval, but an approval just the same. I was trying to stay out of the debate as you so pointed out on my first post. But that line in the sand I set for myself was crossed by your insult to the other girls who worked hard to be up at that table, I just couldn't let it stand when data exist to support otherwise. I couldn't sit idly by and let your negative "not even close" judgment of the other high quality goalies stand being it just wasn't right by any stretch of the imagination.. Statistically there were stronger goalies as discussed earlier. But I tried to take the high road prior to your comment, but I ended up exposing some of my innuendo sentiments I was trying to avoid when reacting to your ill advised comments concerning all the other top tens. Sorry on that confusion.[/quote]

woody
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:40 am

Post by woody » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:14 am

itsfoilcoach wrote:
woody wrote:
itsfoilcoach wrote:
highgloveside wrote:Speaking of that, anyone know the breakdown of who won what for state awards? the 10 total goalies and 10 forwards are listed but any surprises or omissions for other awards?
A hot topic for me in which I can’t comment. I wish I could however. But without going to deep, and to somewhat stop my urge to comment further and start something that could possibly ruffle some feathers. I will say this. I’m not a surprise on one side for the award given. But the other side... I refrain from comment.
"itsfoilcoach second quote"

Hiese.. Spot on for Ms. Hockey!

Dobchuck..First don't get me wrong here. She is a great goalie, But the "not even close" opens the comparative discussion here. Plus I am fine with the Ms. Goalie pick myself as well.
"My Question"

Foil you say one thing then another. Your original quote you were unhappy with one of the picks. Now your fine with both? Which is it? :roll:

So when I say "fine" Woody its not a glowing approval, but an approval just the same. I was trying to stay out of the debate as you so pointed out on my first post. But that line in the sand I set for myself was crossed by your insult to the other girls who worked hard to be up at that table, I just couldn't let it stand when data exist to support otherwise. I couldn't sit idly by and let your negative "not even close" judgment of the other high quality goalies stand being it just wasn't right by any stretch of the imagination.. Statistically there were stronger goalies as discussed earlier. But I tried to take the high road prior to your comment, but I ended up exposing some of my innuendo sentiments I was trying to avoid when reacting to your ill advised comments concerning all the other top tens. Sorry on that confusion.[/quote][/quote]

So please enlighten me on who you feel should have gotten the award then and why?

itsfoilcoach
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by itsfoilcoach » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:34 pm

woody wrote:
itsfoilcoach wrote:
woody wrote:
itsfoilcoach wrote:
highgloveside wrote:Speaking of that, anyone know the breakdown of who won what for state awards? the 10 total goalies and 10 forwards are listed but any surprises or omissions for other awards?
A hot topic for me in which I can’t comment. I wish I could however. But without going to deep, and to somewhat stop my urge to comment further and start something that could possibly ruffle some feathers. I will say this. I’m not a surprise on one side for the award given. But the other side... I refrain from comment.
"itsfoilcoach second quote"

Hiese.. Spot on for Ms. Hockey!

Dobchuck..First don't get me wrong here. She is a great goalie, But the "not even close" opens the comparative discussion here. Plus I am fine with the Ms. Goalie pick myself as well.
"My Question"

Foil you say one thing then another. Your original quote you were unhappy with one of the picks. Now your fine with both? Which is it? :roll:

So when I say "fine" Woody its not a glowing approval, but an approval just the same. I was trying to stay out of the debate as you so pointed out on my first post. But that line in the sand I set for myself was crossed by your insult to the other girls who worked hard to be up at that table, I just couldn't let it stand when data exist to support otherwise. I couldn't sit idly by and let your negative "not even close" judgment of the other high quality goalies stand being it just wasn't right by any stretch of the imagination.. Statistically there were stronger goalies as discussed earlier. But I tried to take the high road prior to your comment, but I ended up exposing some of my innuendo sentiments I was trying to avoid when reacting to your ill advised comments concerning all the other top tens. Sorry on that confusion.
[/quote]

So please enlighten me on who you feel should have gotten the award then and why?[/quote]

Being that award is based on SR year for 2017/18 season, and their stats. The information needed is easily obtained above, and on the Goalie Hub stats as well, but some you will have to scroll down a few times to see however.. I think the numbers can speak for themselves. I also know its much more complicated than a number, but what goes into that number. Like SOS, and how loaded the team is in front of her to point out a few variables.. But there are goalies that I could make some interesting discussion for, and against. But I wont fall into that discussion, sorry.

Post Reply