1st ever Breakdown girls' hockey bible!

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

dueling21

1st ever Breakdown girls' hockey bible!

Post by dueling21 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:56 pm

After a decade of publishing the Breakdown guidebook to Minnesota high school boys' hockey, we're preparing to drop the puck on the first-ever girls' edition this fall!

https://www.breakdownsportsusa.com/page ... blications

The Breakdown annual preview books are around 200 pages of pure Minnesota high school hockey — all in full color. They preview every high school program in the state, from Kittson County Central to La Crescent, North Shore to Luverne and all schools in between.

The books include:

* Player profiles on the Super 100 seniors, Top 75 juniors, Elite 35 underclassmen, along with additional profiles and Q and A with HUNDREDS of the state's best players.
* Preseason rankings on the Fab 15 in both classes.
* Preseason All-State teams in both classes.
* Extensive section previews on all 16 sections.
* Team capsules on EVERY program in the state with scouting reports on "who to watch."
* Four-page feature stories on four select programs from around the state.
* Hundreds of photos of players and coaches.
* Skills Q and A with top players from across the state.

I'm telling you, it's a must for big-time high school hockey fans in Minnesota. It's worth the price IMHO.

woody

Re: 1st ever Breakdown girls' hockey bible!

Post by woody » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:09 am

dueling21 wrote:After a decade of publishing the Breakdown guidebook to Minnesota high school boys' hockey, we're preparing to drop the puck on the first-ever girls' edition this fall!

The Breakdown annual preview books are around 200 pages of pure Minnesota high school hockey — all in full color. They preview every high school program in the state, from Kittson County Central to La Crescent, North Shore to Luverne and all schools in between.

The books include:

* Player profiles on the Super 100 seniors, Top 75 juniors, Elite 35 underclassmen, along with additional profiles and Q and A with HUNDREDS of the state's best players.
* Team capsules on EVERY program in the state with scouting reports on "who to watch."

I'm telling you, it's a must for big-time high school hockey fans in Minnesota. It's worth the price IMHO.
Sounds like a money grab to me!

woody

Post by woody » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:10 am

dueling21 wrote:After a decade of publishing the Breakdown guidebook to Minnesota high school boys' hockey, we're preparing to drop the puck on the first-ever girls' edition this fall!

The books include:

dueling21

Post by dueling21 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:33 pm

I can't control whether folks are cynical by nature, but I like to think of it as the yearbook for girls' high school hockey. I've been publishing the boys' high school book for a decade, so it's not like I'm a newcomer to high school hockey in the state.

If you see it as a money grab, well, that's just a difference of opinion. I see it as a celebration of girls' hockey in the state. And I'm willing to put my name to my thoughts. Are you?

Tim Kolehmainen
Editor/President
Breakdown Sports Media
woody wrote:

The books include: