WBL coaching Change

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

zambonidriver

WBL coaching Change

Post by zambonidriver » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:11 am

DOn't know if I should address this or not but I will post the link and you can do the research yourselves.https://www.wblhockey.com/page/show/984 ... -minutes. The short version is with all political organizations and that is what hockey associations are. People are elected to represent the entire community. The problems happen when you get people in who only care about their little group. That was the case with this group of seniors. IF you look in the archives of this group going back to 10's you will see that the coaching staffs did not change up through the ranks and the teams didn't change much either. The girls director was a part of this group. He was allowed to run the girls program without any oversight for quite a while. It wasn't until the numbers dropped off and they were forced to coop with Roseville that he was held accountable and resigned. If you go back and read the minutes of the board meetings during this time there are two underlying themes. Worry about numbers and nothing to report. As somebody who was a part of the association during this time the stories I could tell you about the mismanagement of the association from during the 2000's until Kevin Mcfarlene took over as the president would astound you. The Vadnais arena fiasco is a great example.
Read the meeting minutes it is really entertaining. Jerry did a great job with what he had to work with.

highgloveside

Re: WBL coaching Change

Post by highgloveside » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:56 am

we need more info, who are the culprits? it's hard for us to gauge right or wrong if we don't know the who. Are you saying you had coaches kids on the team that should not have made those youth teams? If you are, unfortunately you just complained about almost every hockey association in MN. Of course you would also need to include your kid as well so we can all figure out if you really got hosed on making those teams?