Class A Preseason Rankings

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

moosepaw

Class A Preseason Rankings

Post by moosepaw »

Who are the top ten Class A preseason rankings.
1-Breck
2-Protctor/Hermantown
3- Warriad
4—Mound Westonka-will they beef up their schedule.
j4241

Re: Class A Preseason Rankings

Post by j4241 »

Those four seem like good choices - all have good returning pieces, and some good young ones. Breck's only question mark is in goal - they lost big pieces there - one to graduation and one to transfer. But they will clearly be a top 5 overall team again if they can find a goaltender that can be at least ok. It's a shame that they insist on competing at this level.
bodyup88

Post by bodyup88 »

What's Breck's motivation to move up to AA? To have the MSHSL place them in a section with Blake, B-SM, Edina and Wayzata? I suspect if they did away with sections and had a seeded bracket, Breck would be a lot more inclined to play in the AA tournament.
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

Body you are absolutely correct. Why move up with the playoffs being so section heavy and unseeded state wide. It is very unfortunate for the rest of class A because it is not fair what Breck has done. Breck will give Blake a run for their money again this season and for the next several seasons but there will be no competition for Breck until maybe the state championship game.

Breck is going to be really good for the next couple of years as long as they have at least an average goalie. Tons of horsepower that will be scoring LOTS of goals and keeping the puck out of their D zone 2/3+ of most games on their schedule.

Breck could win 5 or 6 "A" state championships in a row. I believe that I first said it on this board after the state championship in 17/18 when they beat Warroad in OT. It will take a MAJOR upset for them to lose the next couple of years in playoffs. Even without their 2 time state champion goalie who is now supposedly going to Edina for 19/20.