BSM vs. Breck

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

bodyup88

BSM vs. Breck

Post by bodyup88 »

Did anyone see the Benilde v. Breck game last night? It looks like we may have another power in 6AA.
Thoen88

Re: BSM vs. Breck

Post by Thoen88 »

Not sure I'd use the word "power" just yet, but BSM is a top-20 team, maybe 15, in class "AA" without question. Even first period but Breck was up 1-0 after one on a PPG from Zumwinkle that BSM goalie Rose Beeman would want back. Rose, incidentally, signed her NLI this morning. Shots were 7-7 after one but BSM took over in the second. Goals from Zavoral, Podein, Junker & Peschel gave BSM a 4-1 lead after 2. Liv Haag scored early in the third and Breck got it to within 5-3 later in the period, but Emma Hoen scored with 3 minutes left to make the final 6-3. Peschel had a goal and 3 assists, and Haag & Hoen each had a goal and 2 assists for BSM. Interesting item about BSM is that Beeman is the lone senior on the roster. Top-4 D and top-9 forwards consist of 6 juniors and 7 sophomores. Will be able to get a better feel for where BSM sits in their next 8 games, as they'll face Andover, Wayzata, Lourdes, Minnetonka, Blake & Edina during that stretch.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Thoen88 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:38 am Will be able to get a better feel for where BSM sits in their next 8 games, as they'll face Andover, Wayzata, Lourdes, Minnetonka, Blake & Edina during that stretch.
Yikes, that's some stretch! :shock: Anything close to .500 would be a major accomplishment.
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

I think that Lourdes is going to be pretty good in A again this year but BSM should beat them. Very possible to not win against those other teams mentioned. 1 would be good and more than 1 would be great...an early test for sure. Breck is absolutely going to be able to score some goals but until they get better on the back end I expect a lot of goals in each of their games. I think that most games will have a combined total of more than 10.