Roll Call...ANYBODY still checking this site/board? Lets help some people out now or the future!

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

massalsa

Roll Call...ANYBODY still checking this site/board? Lets help some people out now or the future!

Post by massalsa »

We ought to be able to have some decent discussions during this time. Please check in if/when you check this board (we know that greybeard58 is!!!).

I am considering starting a question/thread of the week that could be helpful to others. I am guessing that there are plenty of people checking/lurking that would be interested in an interesting discussion topic or would love to ask some questions or try to get some free guidance on their specific favorite players situation.

Who is checking in and will engage for 10-15 minutes a couple of times a week?
ShakestheClown

Re: Roll Call...ANYBODY still checking this site/board? Lets help some people out now or the future!

Post by ShakestheClown »

I do lurk as you can tell by my post count and years as a member.
PhunnsieMcHockeyDad

Re: Roll Call...ANYBODY still checking this site/board? Lets help some people out now or the future!

Post by PhunnsieMcHockeyDad »

Just got on here, but I'm still here.
j4241

Post by j4241 »

Still here! I love the idea. I miss the game, and would enjoy some discussion.
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

I'm here, as well!

Already started working on my 3rd annual Minnesota high school girls' hockey yearbook (in 19 years for boys' and girls' basketball, 13 years for volleyball and boys' hockey, 6 years for baseball, and 3 years for softball, as well...staying busy). Here's a look at a few pages from the first one in 2018-19:

https://cdn2.sportngin.com/attachments/ ... 1573614584
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

I'm still around as well, though I have to admit my interest in the upcoming girls' HS season is waning if there's no vaccine for COVID-19. If the nation can't even adhere to its own guidelines on the first wave of this thing, what in the world will happen when there's a flu + COVID outbreak this fall? I already feel so terrible for the Class of 2021s.

I'm happy to take part in some discussion, with the above in mind.
Indy96

Post by Indy96 »

I lurk occasionally, definitely not as much as I did during the season. Not much to talk about right now with HP cancelled, and everything on hold. I do worry about the 20-21 HS season being cancelled.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

the Wolfman is still around..
massalsa

Post by massalsa »

Thanks for checking in y'all. Keep checking in.

Topic #1 is up...contribute something please...lets help out folks that might need it...

Any other topic ideas for discussion? (other than political stuff please!).
ShakestheClown

Post by ShakestheClown »

Maybe good dryland activities that don't involve needing a net?
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Still here! Just not nearly as often in the off-season.
Well Driller

Post by Well Driller »

Any thoughts on what the U18 Select process will look like?
Lace'emUp

Post by Lace'emUp »

I'm still here too.
In regard to dryland for my daughter, we have a PowerSkater in the garage (http://www.poweringathletics.com/powers ... uctskater/). She's also running on the nice days. Doing cross-training with other sports and drills. She's lucky to have an old sister to help with some of this from time-to-time (when home from college) during the stay-at-home-order. Obviously the key to anything is to stay in decent shape. Ramp up from there.