Hockey Day MN reruns on Saturdays (talkin bout mostly girls games...)

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

massalsa

Hockey Day MN reruns on Saturdays (talkin bout mostly girls games...)

Post by massalsa » Sat May 16, 2020 9:04 pm

Has anyone been watching the Hockey Day MN reruns on FSN the last couple of Saturdays? I record them on DVR and then can fast forward if the games are not that interesting (like one a couple of weeks back with Stillwater & Tonka (I think). Discuss anything you want about these games. I will start:

Todays game from 2012 was pretty entertaining at times. Hopkins (16) vs Minnetonka (3). TONS of future D1 talent out there on the ice. Olympic Gold medal winner Sidney Morin (UMD), Sidney Baldwin (U of M), Laura Bowman (Penn State), Amy Petersen (Penn State), Sydney Rossman (Quinnipiac + Whitecaps), Kelsey Crow (Penn State) from the Minnetonka side and from Hopkins there was Mari Mankey (RPI), Corbin Boyd (MSU), Nina Rogers (U of M + BU), Alli Rolandelli (Brown), Grace Bizal (BC), and Erin O'Neill (BU). Both teams had a handful of very good D3 players as well. Several of the D1 players had elite college careers and beyond...

The game appeared at least on TV to be just as fast and skilled as many high end HS games I saw this past winter. Both Lake Conference teams had rock solid teams the next couple of years with Tonka winning a couple of state championships.

ShakestheClown

Re: Hockey Day MN reruns on Saturdays (talkin bout mostly girls games...)

Post by ShakestheClown » Sun May 17, 2020 7:09 am

Obviously, you saw a lot of high level players on the ice, so it looked well played; but I wonder how much the women's game has gotten better or worse over the last ten years?