Game of the Week

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

moosepaw

Game of the Week

Post by moosepaw » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:34 pm

Chisago Lakes vs Breck

Game of the week, game is at Breck. Section seedings at stake.

This is the only time they play this year.

Prediction:

CL 4
Breck 3

j4241

Re: Game of the Week

Post by j4241 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:25 am

I think Breck's D and goaltending make the difference - 4-2 Breck. Plus, can you imagine what it would say about Gopher recruiting if a school with 4 Gopher commits lost to a single A school?!?

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:52 pm

j4241 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:25 am
Plus, can you imagine what it would say about Gopher recruiting if a school with 4 Gopher commits lost to a single A school?!?
It might say "Gee, they must miss that Olivia Mobley girl more than we thought". :wink:

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:09 pm

I expect Breck to be in the Section Semi again this year and am excited to see how Chisago Lakes does against them this week and again in Sections. My bet would be on Breck continuing its dominance but will be fun to see them challenged...

Breck has lost arguably their 2 most significant players the last 2 seasons. First Uma in 19/20 and then Mobley to graduation. I think they would miss Uma more than Mobley if they could have either back for this season. I know nothing about the CL goalie but I believe that goaltending will probably be the difference in this game.

Side note after looking at both CL & Breck schedules is that both play Blake in their 2nd game (Breck Saturday and CL Monday). Will be interesting to see how Blake plays with a new coaching staff and missing some significant seniors from last season. Quite the gauntlet of opponents for the first 8 games...it is possible that Blake could be 1-7 or 2-6. Also possible that they could end the regular season with a losing record :shock: . While possible I expect them to be contenders again as soon as next season and quite frankly think that they could surprise a few teams on their schedule this year.