Holy Family...

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

slowD

Holy Family...

Post by slowD »

I hear a rumor that Holy Family just got a late xmas present...Moosepaw?
j4241

Re: Holy Family...

Post by j4241 »

I am flabbergasted at all the juniors leaving their high schools either before or during their junior year, and in this case more than halfway through junior year. I am guessing in all cases there is more going on than just hockey - no judgment - just shocked.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

Who are we talking about? At least narrow it down to what school is getting screwed by in-season high school recruiting.
Eagles93

Post by Eagles93 »

So if a player transfers now, they are ineligible to play Varsity for one calendar year, right? (Excluding the exceptions - move, financial hardship, bullying, etc.) So if someone transfers now, and next year's schedule is back to "normal", they wouldn't be eligible for Varsity until basically playoffs next year?
moosepaw

Post by moosepaw »

Well Randy was good boy last year and Santa has taken notice. But now that Xmas is long gone I would like to think of it as a early birthday gift.

My daughter are working on one more that she used to play with at her old high school, keeping our fingers crossed. We have plenty of room.

Yes it is a new year and before you haters ask yes “ In Randy We Trust”!
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

Who is the transferee? Why is everyone beating around the bush here?
slowD

Post by slowD »

I feel we should let Moosepaw make the announcement...but she was playing on a team from Section 5A last week...
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

slowD wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:27 pm I feel we should let Moosepaw make the announcement...but she was playing on a team from Section 5A last week...
Okay. I have my guess. Looking at the #5 team in that Section.
Eagles93

Post by Eagles93 »

Moosepaw, cryptic as usual. :roll: And the "plenty of room" comment is very obtuse. Every time a transfer comes in, another loses a spot. Especially one with no seniors on it.

I have no idea who everyone is talking about but based on the clues given... Midtbo?
j4241

Post by j4241 »

Shae Messner's name is no longer on the Breck roster on the Hub.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

j4241 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:27 pm Shae Messner's name is no longer on the Breck roster on the Hub.
She fits the profile. One of the MN 04s Koeppl has coached for years.
moosepaw

Post by moosepaw »

We have more firewood to put on the Holy Family Fire!
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

With all respect, midseason transfers are as shady as it gets. Go ahead and do whatever outside the season, but you're screwing with multiple teams and players at this point.

And my skater heard it’s Messner.

The number of 04s that have played for multiple MSHSL teams is quite impressive at this point. They could make a huge quilt.
BSUBeaver

Post by BSUBeaver »

jg2112 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:31 pm With all respect, midseason transfers are as shady as it gets. Go ahead and do whatever outside the season, but you're screwing with multiple teams and players at this point.

And my skater heard it’s Messner.

The number of 04s that have played for multiple MSHSL teams is quite impressive at this point. They could make a huge quilt.
I agree with you jg, it is shady. No wonder privates get a justifiable bad rep!
FOMO

Post by FOMO »

moosepaw wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:11 pm Well Randy was good boy last year and Santa has taken notice. But now that Xmas is long gone I would like to think of it as a early birthday gift.

My daughter are working on one more that she used to play with at her old high school, keeping our fingers crossed. We have plenty of room.

Yes it is a new year and before you haters ask yes “ In Randy We Trust”!
moosedung
So you have been chasing a trip to state with multiple stops at high schools for your daughter also. Nice. She must be a pretty nice player, or I have to believe this Randy guy would tell you to get off his side. Your arrogance surrounding your daughters team and recruiting is gross.
moosepaw

Post by moosepaw »

I didn’t bring Messiner to Holy Family but we are glad she came over. I’m pretty sure Randy is happy as well. If you are telling me he doesn’t recruit your uninformed I know from experience he does, glad he is captain of the our ship!
bodyup88

Post by bodyup88 »

You're right. Teaching our daughters great life lessons about silly things like loyalty, accountability and integrity....Apparently items that are no longer valued in our current society
SECoach

Post by SECoach »

bodyup88 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:27 pm You're right. Teaching our daughters great life lessons about silly things like loyalty, accountability and integrity....Apparently items that are no longer valued in our current society
Let alone following rules. Maybe that is an implied part of integrity. Is this a private, Christian High School? I'm gonna hold back comments on a parent being on this forum bragging about how their coach is breaking MSHSL rules. I'll just watch for things to implode. I guess rules are for dummies, right? Oops, that may have been a comment.
girlshockey4ever

Post by girlshockey4ever »

The post above might not help their cause in the eyes of the league. But then again if they think 1 girl from Breck can erase an 8-0 score to Edina they might have other problems.

Looks like it could be a 4 horse race! Hopefully we can keep adding teams as the weeks go on. It's good for girls hockey.
j4241

Post by j4241 »

High school coaches almost always correct the points that are awarded by the refs during games, which I think is a good thing. Kids should get credit for what they did, and refs almost never get it right. When they're wrong, they're usually wrong in kind of a random way, so kids should be as likely to have a point taken away as added.

Moosepaw, have you found the corrections Holy Family makes to be like that, or are there some kids who benefit with late point additions more often than others? If so, do you have any theories why?
moosepaw

Post by moosepaw »

I’m not really sure what our coach or other coaches do. I know we are trying to work on scoring more and have been able to start putting points on the board. I know my kid has missed a few points but I think that happens to everyone’s kids. I listen to the announcer and maybe look at the HUB. Overall it balances out.
Go Fire!