Schedule released

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

girlshockey4ever

Schedule released

Post by girlshockey4ever »

Schedules were released today. I don't have any breakdowns. But since nobody has posted in a while I figured I'd get the season fired up!
PhunnsieMcHockeyDad

Re: Schedule released

Post by PhunnsieMcHockeyDad »

Andover jumping right into the deep end opening weekend with Benilde and Edina. Benilde with tons of young talent, Edina is...Edina.

Stillwater won't walk over Forest Lake - The Rangers will have roster full of solid Seniors, Sam Poole, and a top young goaltender. Then the Ponies get Hill the next night...already jockeying for the #2 seed in Section 4.
j4241

Re: Schedule released

Post by j4241 »

Love some activity here!

That said, Andover jumping into the deep end of the local municipal pool... fortunately for them they are a great white shark. This Edina is not "Edina." Sami is a great coach. Uma is fantastic and might keep Edina in the game. Maybe. Edina (and the players whose point totals were padded by her) are quickly going to realize how big a role Vivian played for them. They lost their 1, 3, 4 and 8 leading scorers, and their two best D. Andover lost basically nothing - especially considering first year's played huge roles last year and they will be a lot better as sophomores. Should still be a good game because of goaltending, and Edina is always well coached and deep, but I predict a 45-18 type of shot total. Benilde is going to get a rude awakening at what "tons of young talent" can do against a deep, experienced and extremely talented team like Andover. They are better at every single position by a large margin. That will not be close. Good learning experience for a BSM team that will be better in future years though.

Stillwater and Hlll - both top 10 teams - will be a great high school match-up. Forest Lake - a 13-11 team loses their 1, 2 and 5 scorers - they return 1.1 goals per game on their top line against the 40th hardest schedule, and they're going to challenge Stillwater? If that's true, I'm wrong about Stillwater being top 10.

At some point I'll get around to a post about the end of the elite league - it's been a great window into separation between kids - who's ready to explode this winter (and who's really ready for collegiate hockey). Let's just say my scoring analysis based on last year's data seems awfully consistent with the eye test.