Games of the Week

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Eagles93

Re: Games of the Week

Post by Eagles93 »

Lace'emUp wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:02 am Has #14 been kicked out of two games now, or three? MNHSL handbook section 206 states 2 ejections warrant a 4-game suspension. If these are violent acts, why isn't the coach, AD, school, or MSHSL doing anything about it? There's obviously a pattern of violent behavior, from what has been posted to the forum.

https://www.mshsl.org/sites/default/fil ... Series.pdf
She's been banished to Sweden to serve a 4-game suspension. :roll:
Lace'emUp

Post by Lace'emUp »

Eagles93 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:13 am
Lace'emUp wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:02 am Has #14 been kicked out of two games now, or three? MNHSL handbook section 206 states 2 ejections warrant a 4-game suspension. If these are violent acts, why isn't the coach, AD, school, or MSHSL doing anything about it? There's obviously a pattern of violent behavior, from what has been posted to the forum.

https://www.mshsl.org/sites/default/fil ... Series.pdf
She's been banished to Sweden to serve a 4-game suspension. :roll:
Oh, I forgot, U18's. How convenient. =D>
Even if she wasn't going over there, I get the feeling that no length of suspension would matter when the player doesn't care (or the coach, AD school or MSHSL).
j4241

Post by j4241 »

She hasn't been kicked out of any, to my knowledge. She received no penalty at all for the assault on Sauer (Andover). The hit was 50 feet away from the puck, and I am guessing no official saw it live. They obviously had a chance to after the game, but there was no subsequent match penalty given, even if it was obviously warranted - everyone involved seemed to hide behind "not my job." The most recent one was a 5 and 10, rather than game. Cassano seemed to think she was being treated unfairly by getting a 5 and 10, based on the body language in the conversation with the ref, which I find astonishing. A game misconduct might have been unusual, but only if you ignore the history of violent play by this player. The NHL has escalating consequences for repeat offenders for a reason. Why are high school players not protected from dangerous play in the same way?

Someone will be seriously hurt by her if this continues. Given a clear pattern of behavior and clear failure to take corrective action by coaches, I am kind of curious if there's a legal basis for personal liability to attach to the Cassano's as the adults responsible for allowing her behavior to continue. If my kid were hurt in a game by her, I would give serious consideration to legal options including thinking expansively about who bore responsibility beyond the player (and her family). Coaches? AD? Others?
Lace'emUp

Post by Lace'emUp »

j4241 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:47 pm She hasn't been kicked out of any, to my knowledge. She received no penalty at all for the assault on Sauer (Andover). The hit was 50 feet away from the puck, and I am guessing no official saw it live. They obviously had a chance to after the game, but there was no subsequent match penalty given, even if it was obviously warranted - everyone involved seemed to hide behind "not my job." The most recent one was a 5 and 10, rather than game. Cassano seemed to think she was being treated unfairly by getting a 5 and 10, based on the body language in the conversation with the ref, which I find astonishing. A game misconduct might have been unusual, but only if you ignore the history of violent play by this player. The NHL has escalating consequences for repeat offenders for a reason. Why are high school players not protected from dangerous play in the same way?

Someone will be seriously hurt by her if this continues. Given a clear pattern of behavior and clear failure to take corrective action by coaches, I am kind of curious if there's a legal basis for personal liability to attach to the Cassano's as the adults responsible for allowing her behavior to continue. If my kid were hurt in a game by her, I would give serious consideration to legal options including thinking expansively about who bore responsibility beyond the player (and her family). Coaches? AD? Others?
If she hasn't been kicked out of a game, I suppose that explains some of the reason she keeps offending. Nevertheless, I agree with all you said.

Question #1: If #14 likes to hit so much, why isn't she playing boys hockey? A supposedly top-end player like her might even be bored playing girls hockey.

Question #2: When it comes to the U18 team, is #14 a top line D? Or is she 3rd/4th line, maybe a scratch (yes, they scratch players)? Only wondering how much playing time she might get and the risk she poses to getting a 5/10 in international play. From being a part of enough games outside of MN (such as US Nationals - not just some tourny in WI), the ref'ing is a little different, and they tend to call more body contact. She's a higher risk for being in the box than most players. A 5-minute major against Canada would be a tough one to swallow.
girlshockey4ever

Post by girlshockey4ever »

Good Grief. Start your own bash on individual people post. This was for games of the week. And kind of silly to say that you would consider legal action against the school or coaching staff. That clearly would never ever hold up and is absurd to even suggest. There are multiple players on the boys side who have received 5 minute penalties this year, I don't hear anyone over there taking legal action or even suggesting something. The player hasn't been ejected and according to the hub has had two five minute penalties. Which of course is two too many. Andover Dad is simply trying to use smear tactics against players. Again, start your own post about how you don't like specific players or how they are on team USA and your daughter isn't.

Now back to my takes from the weekend (the point of this thread)

Moorhead establishes they are a second level team. Coming in with one loss I thought they could make some noise. They did not.

Woodbury with a nice win over Elk River. Only to lose to AHA the next day. Young team. Still learning.

Speaking of young team- BSM drops tough one to HM. HM establishes their place as a top 5 team in my opinion

And Tonka establishes themselves as the #1 team for now in the state.

Any other games noteworthy I missed?
j4241

Post by j4241 »

Beef with me aside, have you seen the plays? I’d encourage you to watch them before defending them.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

When you are singling out an individual, hiding it behind the "well, I just used a number" doesn't fly. Anybody can look them up by number, so the anonymity claim is out the window.

I'm locking this thread and any other where poster(s) engage in player bashing.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006