Chaska coach announced

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

nottachance

Chaska coach announced

Post by nottachance » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:47 pm

One more opening filled - Andy Brink is now Chaska girl's varsity coach. Now that is an interesting choice since he has never coached either a girl or boy varsity team b4? Young guy to fill the shoes of experienced Chuck Nichols. Tryouts only three weeks away. will be fun to watch. <p></p><i></i>

ghshockeyfan

Re: Chaska coach announced

Post by ghshockeyfan » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:30 pm

Nichols left big shoes to fill, but I wish Andy the best of luck this year and beyond. <p></p><i></i>

JJhockeySS

Looks Great!

Post by JJhockeySS » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:52 pm

I've worked with Andy, who invited me out to a couple of Elite U14 camps he ran. He may lack in experience, but he knows the game well, and the kids respond to his coaching style. Chuck will be missed dearly, but I think Andy will do a great job!<br><br>I'm also glad to see that Chris Erickson finally got a head job, I'm not sure what he has to work with, but I hope he does a good job. He has been deserving of a head job for a while now, and know he finished second to several positions.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

Synergy10

Brink

Post by Synergy10 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:02 pm

This is the best thing that has ever happened to Chaska girls hockey. Brink has brought peewee A teams to regions and state numerous times. He also works with Chaska boys varsity hockey every summer. I think he is going to be great as head coach. Unfortunatly I think he is going to have his hands full this year just because of chaska's lack of depth. <p></p><i></i>

ghshockeyfan

Re: Brink

Post by ghshockeyfan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:48 pm

There is a period of acclimation with any coaching change. This happens regardless of talent of coach or players. I believe he will do well. Sad to see Chuck go, but under the circumstances this really worked out well transition wise as Andy should do a good job. <p></p><i></i>