Fall League at Wakota

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

slporiolesfan

Fall League at Wakota

Post by slporiolesfan »

I have had a chance to watch a number of games at a 16 team fall league at Wakota arena this fall. Fall leagues are always kind of hard to read because it's hard to tell who the oppostion is - are they returning Varsity players, are they JV players with no chance of making Varsity, etc.? Sometimes it's hard to tell - sometiems it's not!<br><br>There are a number of very good teams in the league - SSP, Hill-Murray, Holy Angels, Roseville, Totino, NSP, etc. Overall most of the games I've seen have been good matches - some very good. Nicole Rawlings for Hill-Murray has looked very strong. After seeing Allie Thunstrom play for NSP I know why BC wanted her - she's good - quick and some really fine moves! Holy Angels has looked very strong as well.<br><br>The team I've seen the most has been the Metro team. I've been very impressed by the play of 3 girls from New Prague - Kacy Ambroz (F), Breanne Hrabe (D), and Daedra Culshaw (G). I don't know how good the rest of the New Prague team is, but these three are an outstanding core - all very good players - I have to believe that New Prague will have an outstanding chance of returning to state. Another player that has stood out to me is Melissa Feste - I think she played at Kennedy last year and is going to Eden Prairie this year. She has scored a lot this fall - a really fun player to watch. <br><br>It has been fun to watch some really talented girls - any other teams or players standout to others? <p></p><i></i>