Predictions Grand Rapids @ C-town

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

boblee

Re: GRG

Post by boblee » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:37 pm

Actually yes, they have a good goalie coming up, I believe from 14U. I wouldn't be suprised if she starts next year. GRG is losing Stevie Larsen-FWD (2 yr captain), Jill Dewey-FWD/D (captain), and Lisa Rantala-G. I think that is all, I could be mistaken. Good core returning...Especially on D...<br>Maggie Rothstein (junior)<br>Kayla Clafton (Sophomore)<br>Molly Dekich (Sophomore)<br>Hannah Johnson (Sophomore)<br>Stacey Hull (junior)<br><br>Plus forwards such as <br>Emily Erickson (sophomore)<br>Heather Horgen (sophomore)<br>Dana Gallop (8th Grade) <p></p><i></i>

gainazone

Post by gainazone » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:09 pm

So Boblee did GRG really play that terrible over the weekend or could it be Crookston and Moorhead are decent teams that outworked and outplayed and maybe outskilled them.<br><br>It's my past experience that many times when you think you didn't play well it is more likely the other teams ability that made you look poor.<br><br>I think you should give some credit to teams that beat your team, not just assume that because you lost it was because you played bad. <p></p><i></i>

SEhockeyDAD

GRG

Post by SEhockeyDAD » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:56 pm

Their score vs. Cloquet was much more respectable, considering CEC's ranking. Though they shouldn't feel bad about losing to New Prague, Rochester Mayo/Lourdes, Moorhead, Crookston and CEC, unfortunately, GRG's record since 12/27 is 1-5. AND their next game is against Warroad, so another loss to a good team could happen again. Unless Erickson can outscore Holly Roberts... Tough schedule. <p></p><i></i>

boblee

Post by boblee » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:53 pm

They look poor, whether the other teams are making them look that way or now, I am uncertain. These teams they are losing to are good teams, so it could be. <p></p><i></i>