Ms. Hockey 2006

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

411HOCKEY

Re: Ms Hockey D

Post by 411HOCKEY » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:55 am

I think Lee from Wayzata got royally screwed ! She played the TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE STATE and helped her team win all year. i sat on the E.P. side during the finals and everytime she got the puck they were panicked. I could hear them talk of how amazing she was. I guess she or her coaches don't know the right people! <p></p><i></i>

keepitreal

Re: Ms Hockey D

Post by keepitreal » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:39 pm

In reading the bios in LPH, I would like to see Jones win the award. Tough to choose among a fine group though. <p></p><i></i>

Puck Stud 3

Ms Hockey D

Post by Puck Stud 3 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:12 am

you got to give it to Chelsy Jones she is crazy good, she shoots as hard as me and i've been clocked at over 80mph. She beat Roseville by herself, with out her Stillwater is very average. <p></p><i></i>

GotGame9

ms hockey

Post by GotGame9 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:42 pm

Even tho a Warroad player won it last year, I don't think that should hurt Holly Roberts, who doesn't get the credit she deserves simply because shes not in the metro area. Holly is a spectacular forward with great hockey sense, and is just as good of a defensive forward as an offense of forward. <p></p><i></i>

g0pherbabe13

Re: ms hockey

Post by g0pherbabe13 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:39 pm

Although every single one of those girls have incredibly impacted the game of womens' hockey, I stand by my pick.<br><br><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">Thunstrom.</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--> If you ever have to defend her, you would feel the same way. Unlike anyone else, she has this extraordinary explosiveness that is without a doubt the biggest threat in girls' high school hockey this year.<br><br>At one point in time of my life I have skated with or against every one of these girls, and they all deserve the recognition they've received. The talent they possess is phenomenal.<br><br>BUT - I'm telling you - Thunstrom brings the total package that would make every high school hockey girl across the state proud and happy for her. Being from the Class of 2006, I know I'm not alone when I voice my opinion. It's been going around for years. <p></p><i></i>

ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:54 pm

All 5 are great players, but I was going to bring up a little "trivia" like question...<br><br>Have we ever had a Ms. Hockey and Ms. Goalie finalist (top 5) on the same team before (as Scavo & Thunstrom are now for NSP)? I can't remember. I highly doubt that we've had a Ms. Hockey and Ms. Goalie award winner on the same team before, but I might be forgetting...<br><br>I bet MnPuck would have the answer...<br><br>I still think the SSP "Big 3" on the same final 5 was a telling situation, but to have a goalie too on the list, or like NSP had with Hogan & Thunstrom top 10 - and then also Scavo - that says something too about the strength of their team... <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... ckeyfan</A> at: 2/22/06 10:57 pm<br></i>

bucky storey

Post by bucky storey » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:28 am

im goin with holly roberts on this one....i personally think she is the most talented girl out of the other 4.....so im goin with holly roberts <p></p><i></i>

ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:43 am

ghshockeyfan<br>Registered Member<br>Posts: 4351<br>(2/10/06 6:07 pm)<br>Reply | Edit Re: Unsung Heroes<br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br> In a day and age when every kid gets a trophy for anything, I don't believe in diluting anything to give out more meaningless trophies. Have you ever looked at these kids' trophies? They have a ton of them and they mean next to nothing as a result...<br><br>My point is that if we're going to recognize goaltending as a key element of the game, then so be it.<br><br>Additionally, it would seem that we're typically only recognizing F's for Ms. Hockey.<br><br>For us to truly recognize all aspects of the game, we should recognize true D, not F's called D either, or "slashes" i.e. "D/F" either...<br><br>I believe we either take away the Ms. G and just have Ms. Hockey, or else you recognize the three positions.<br><br>There is no difference between C/RW/LW or LD/RD like there is in the meaning behind D vs. F vs. G in my mind.<br><br>FORGOT TO MENTION - <br><br>I also believe that a Goalie shoudl able to be called "Ms. Hockey." That title seems like it should be able to be associated with the best hockey player in the state, and it shouldn't exclude goaltenders if that is the true meaning... <p></p><i></i>

Artificial Ice

Post by Artificial Ice » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:48 pm

Holly Roberts can CARRY a team on her back! Once again, of the 5, I think it belongs to her. <p></p><i></i>

brookyone

Post by brookyone » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:39 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Holly Roberts can CARRY a team on her back! Once again, of the 5, I think it belongs to her.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br>Hadn't seen her play this season prior to the class A Semi final vs. NP...though having seen her play several times over the previous three seasons there was little doubt in my mind Holly was top 5 absolutely. After watching the semi vs. NP I'm going to have to agree...best of the senior class and the player who <!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">should</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--> be Ms. Hockey 2006. <br><br>I do want to make clear my opinion is based solely on the hockey / skills aspect and not other criteria that may be considered by those making initial selections of candidates and eventual final choice. <p></p><i></i>

g0pherbabe13

Post by g0pherbabe13 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:36 am

I was equally impressed of Holly's play today. She was outstanding.<br><br>As I reiterate myself... every one of these girls' deserve Ms. Hockey in some way for different reasons. <p></p><i></i>

ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:45 pm

Allie Thunstrom named Ms. Hockey 2006<br><br>Very deserving and one of the best ever players. Her stats alone don't do justice as far as how big of an impact player she is. This is a player that you really have to see play to understand just how amazing she is.<br><br>Congrats Allie!!! <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... ckeyfan</A> at: 2/26/06 3:51 pm<br></i>

Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:50 pm

Yeah, in terms of pure fluidity, I'm having a hard time coming up with a name other than Holly Roberts. She's like a dancer on skates. She'd be as big a household name as Darwitz or Wendell if she came along a little earlier. Makes me wonder if she is the most naturally gifted of them all. <p>"Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today." --James Dean</p><i></i>

ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:16 pm

brookyone<br>Registered Member<br>Posts: 378<br>(2/26/06 6:30 pm)<br>Reply Ms. Hockey 2006<br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br> A hearty congratulations to Allie Thunstrom. It's been alot of fun and extremely entertaining watching her play throughout her outstanding HS career. Best of luck at BC, for her and the rest of the Minnesota crew. I'm guessing Johanna is excited about her new /future teammates. <br> <br>Nostalgic Nerd<br>Registered Member<br>Posts: 66<br>(2/26/06 7:17 pm)<br>Reply Re: Ms. Hockey 2006<br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br> I'll never forget the game against SSP at Polar Arena in '03. That day SSP set the record for longest winning streak, but not after some brilliant goaltending and timely goals by NSP. SSP outshot them about 40-15, but NSP scored on every opportune moment, including Thunstrom's rocket slapper from the circle that hit off medal first.<br><br>The best play I'd ever seen was also the greatest tip goal ever as far as I'm concerned, or atleast the most difficult. It was tied 3-3 with a few seconds left and SSP's puck handler comes down the left boards with a defender in between her and the SSP center actually trailing the pass. In other words the pass across the slot if you will was ahead of the trailing center. She dived down with her body and stick to reach the puck with her blade and redirected it straight between the goalies 5 hole. I mean--c'mon! What better way to win a game and set a record! I was all full of superlatives like, "Get outta here!", "Oh my god!", "This is incredible!" As you can see I still get a little emotional today over this. <br>"Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today." --James Dean<br> <br>HockeyDad42<br>Registered Member<br>Posts: 14<br>(2/26/06 8:05 pm)<br>Reply Re: Ms. Hockey 2006<br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br> Congratulations Allie, you deserve it. You even made an impact in your first years playing. If it weren't for you, my daughter might only have played soccer instead of hockey. She really wanted to play with you on the east side. <br> <br>hubbaa<br>Local user<br>Posts: 1367<br>(2/27/06 9:35 am)<br>Reply Re: Ms. Hockey 2006<br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br> many great memories allie has given me by having the honor to watch her several times against ssp. best of luck in beantown. you deserved the award. <br> <p></p><i></i>

ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:18 pm

I should add that I enjoyed watching Allie play as much as any opposing coach can with that sort of offensive threat on the ice against your sqaud. Allie and Hogan were terror to the opponents no matter how strong the opponent was!!! <p></p><i></i>

brookyone

Post by brookyone » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:11 pm

Seems they're quite pleased in Boston...can't blame 'em...<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://bceagles.collegesports.com/sport ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>