3 LINES

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockey2017

3 LINES

Post by hockey2017 »

I THINK A HIGH SCHOOL SHOULD NOT RUN WITH LESS THEN THREE LINES.ANY OTHER OPINIONS ?????? <p></p><i></i>
hockeyfinatic

Re: 3 LINES

Post by hockeyfinatic »

So if you only have 13 players then you shouldn't get to play? <br>I agree that if a team wants to be successfull during the playoffs and against the top teams in the state they need to have the depth to play 3 lines. But I have also seen a team do just fine with only 2 (Farmington). <p></p><i></i>
ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan »

We've moved from 1 player teams in the early days, to teams led by a few players, to teams with far more parity, depth, and strength of the supporting cast.<br><br>The time may come when every team is 3-4 lines deep, but with OE, Classes (small vs. big schools), privates, teams still just starting up, etc. I think we're far from the talent parity that we see in guys hockey that allows for many teams to play 2+ lines.<br><br>I think a boys team from Blaine a couple years ago did prove that you can still compete with a couple top lines at state??? Maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but either way that is an exception I would imagine on the boys AA level.<br><br>In girls, there are still many teams that play only two lines. <p></p><i></i>
hockey2017

3 LINES

Post by hockey2017 »

YES 2 LINES WILL WORK BUT WHAT IF YOU HAVE ONLY 10 SKATERS AND 2 GET HURT OR SICK. <p></p><i></i>
xk1

Post by xk1 »

Are you asking if you don't have 3 lines of skaters you shouldn't have a HS team? <p></p><i></i>
hockeyhead

Post by hockeyhead »

How many teams actually play 3 lines fairly equally? Even some of the best teams run short benches. <br><br>Hockeyhead <p></p><i></i>
hockey2017

3 LINES

Post by hockey2017 »

I AM JUST LOOKING FOR SOME OPINIONS.LIKE MAKE THE 14U A JV OR MOVING JUST A FEW MORE UP OR MAYBE COOP WITH OTHER TOWNS. <p></p><i></i>
ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan »

We need more co-ops. This is true HS & youth wise. Building a strong base is best before offering HS V (&/or JV) to 7th graders, etc. to make a team viable I believe. Trust me on this - I've been down this road before! <p></p><i></i>
SEhockeyDAD

3 lines

Post by SEhockeyDAD »

If a team's 3rd line talent is a big dropoff in ability, they're unlikely to see much ice in competitive HS games. Their biggest benefit is practising almost everyday with the top line players. I know for a fact that every coach would love having a viable 3rd line to keep fresh legs for the 3rd period. But we have to face facts; I don't think there's a coach out there who's going to give the game away so that an uncompetitive 3rd line gets on the ice more often.<br><br>As for bringing up the youth players in order to give the HS team depth, I really, really dislike seeing this. The weakened youth program, the upperclassmen who's ice time goes to the 8th grader, the 13-year-old in an 18-year-old's locker room discussions, less fun and more responsibility...let the kids play youth hockey. <p></p><i></i>
hokybabe

Re: 3 lines

Post by hokybabe »

roseau had 8 gurls for a couple of games.. they played with 9 all year <p></p><i></i>
ghshockeyfan

Re: 3 lines

Post by ghshockeyfan »

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://p100.ezboard.com/fmnhsfrm19.show ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>