Class of 2010 All-Star Team (Seniors/12th Graders Now)

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ghshockeyfan

Class of 2010 All-Star Team (Seniors/12th Graders Now)

Post by ghshockeyfan » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:17 am

From some previous posts (we'll have to verify who is 8th graders here and who is older/younger):

Edited by: ghshockeyfan at: 8/13/05 8:02 pm

D
Christina LaCombe

F
Taila Raiola

G
Marah Sobczak

Jennifer Paul-(F) River Lakes Varsity as seventh grader.

These may be 2009/2010/2011 not sure on all but some great young ones to watch, most are at Int'l Cup this weekend:

Rose Alleva (Red Wing HS) played varsity as 7th grader last year, sweet D with the best hands, this one can kill an entire penalty all by herself playing keepaway

Cara Johnson 2010?

Becky Kortum - Hopkins

Audrey Hanmer - Forest Lake HUGE for her age very strong, very good D

Kallie Billadeau - G - Hopkins is smiling Wayzata lost an excellent future goaltender here

Stillwater has 8th grader Kristi King, scored hat trick in their win over SSP.

Aubrey, Forest Lake (can't remember last name) Very strong offensive minded Defensmen

Rosey Aleva Red Wing. great vision and excellent hands

Melissa Borer, Armsrong Varsity great skater very physical in the corners.

Madison Marzario, Shattuck-- big and powerful D

Katie Ladner, Chaska-- very strong and skilled D

lauren barnes-burnsville varsity as 8th grader
Last edited by ghshockeyfan on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ghshockeyfan

Re: Class of 2010 All-Star Team (8th Graders now)

Post by ghshockeyfan » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:18 am

Bree Battis - 8th - Simley (91):<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.esportsdesk.com/leagues/rost ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Kristen Coonrod - 8th - Simley (92):<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.esportsdesk.com/leagues/rost ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... ckeyfan</A> at: 12/5/05 10:50 pm<br></i>

hocnut11

Another one

Post by hocnut11 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:44 pm

One to watch out in Shakopee.<br><br>Christine Broderson 8th grade good size, strength, and very talented player at a young age. <p></p><i></i>

Rocketwrister

Re: Another one

Post by Rocketwrister » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:02 pm

Kim Ergen, 8th grade---D. Moose Lake; not a goal scorer (yet) but can break away from defenders with the puck and has good size. <p>www.rebelhockey.com</p><i></i>

northgirlshockey

Re: Class of 2010 All-Star Team (8th Graders Now)

Post by northgirlshockey » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:59 pm

2 8th graders to watch for Proctor/Hermantown/Marshall<br>Hannah Buchite - D<br>Julia Gilbert - F <p></p><i></i>

ghshockeyfan

2 from Edina

Post by ghshockeyfan » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:40 pm

My sources tell me that two of the very best 8th graders in the state are Ellie Gleason and Laura Hinueber for Edina U14A.<br><br>Edina doesn't take any 8th graders on their Varsity team even though they are very good. These two both play defense. <br><br>The youth team’s performance when both of these players are playing is amazing (about 50 wins and 5 losses).<br><br>They both play soccer as well, so they have some conflicts early in the year.<br><br>They won the state U12A title in 2004-05 with both of these players skating and were ranked number 1 in early/mid Feb 2005 when Laura’s season ended due to injury. <p></p><i></i>

madjagfan

class of 2010

Post by madjagfan » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:25 pm

I thought Kortum was a ninth grader--could be wrong <p></p><i></i>

brookyone

Re: class of 2010

Post by brookyone » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:40 pm

I can verify that both Marah Sobczak and Kristina King are 8th graders...as well I agree they belong on the 2010 "All Star" team. <br> <p></p><i></i>

g0pherbabe13

Post by g0pherbabe13 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:38 pm

Stephanie Hatcher - Lakeville North <p></p><i></i>

ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:48 am

Kallie Billadeau - is an up-and-coming 8th grade G for the Hopkins HS team that's off to a great start too. She played against Simley in Hopkins 4-2 EN win just before Thanksgiving.<br><br>Also, She has a cousin - Chloe Billadeau - U12A #30 G - on the top ranked Chaska team hasn't yet been listed among the 2011s but in time someone will/should. She is absolutely a candidate for the best goalie I've seen in her age group in the state. She's going to have a great time when she gets to a HS program in the coming years.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

PAMESH

Re: 2 from Edina

Post by PAMESH » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:01 am

Ellie Gleason has slow feet. As long as she stays in her position she is a fairly solid De but does little offensively. I wouldn't even consider her in the top 25. <p></p><i></i>

ghshockeyfan

Re: 2 from Edina

Post by ghshockeyfan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:10 am

Conflicting reports on this young girl I guess. Sounds like she has some promise, but needs to work on some things as all young players do. As with all these young phenoms (or potential young phenoms) we need to wait and see I guess... time will tell... Just kind of neat to get some positive press out about kids with potential, and then get to watch them the next few years... <p></p><i></i>

Spaulding24

Best 8th Graders

Post by Spaulding24 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:11 pm

Lakeville South has 2:<br><br>Andi Foss - D/F<br>Lindsey Kauchuk (Spelling) - G<br><br>Kauchuk started all buy 1 varsity game as a 7th grader for the old Lakeville High School and was top 4 in GAA in the Lake. <p></p><i></i>

gotHOCKEYxx

Re: Best 8th Graders

Post by gotHOCKEYxx » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:39 pm

From Shakopee, both Christine Broderson and Amy Baumgartner... very talented defensemen, and in the future they'll be even more improved skill-wise. They are two good young girls to keep an eye on. <p></p><i></i>

blankpaper1234

Re: Best 8th Graders

Post by blankpaper1234 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:53 pm

Amanda Colin- burnsville varsity now.. moved up from JV to replace someone on 2nd line. <p></p><i></i>

keepitreal

Post by keepitreal » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:17 pm

madjagfan wrote:<br>I thought Kortum was a ninth grader--could be wrong<br><br><br>Yep, she is a 9th grader--a good one too. Hopkins has a nice handful of good younger players that will make them tough in the coming years. <p></p><i></i>

Hockeyfan819

Post by Hockeyfan819 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:31 pm

I'm thinking one of the best 8th graders in the state this year is Ashley Stenerson from Moorhead. She played PeeWee A last year. She has good hands and is fast. Watch for her to be very good in the next few years. <p></p><i></i>

GivinYaTheBusiness

Post by GivinYaTheBusiness » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:54 pm

Dana Gallop from Greenway/Grand Rapids. Rackin up the points. Keeps up with Emily Erickson, which most have proven is quite the task in itself. <p></p><i></i>

puckhead63

Post by puckhead63 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:41 am

What about Vath at Rosemount. I have heard some good things about her. Her older brother is a solid player for the boys team and I heard that she has some of the same atributes that make an impact player. <p></p><i></i>

dasherdude

Post by dasherdude » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:08 pm

Here's a couple more.<br><br>Rachel Ramsey - Minnetonka U14 (tall, strong and potentially dominant)<br><br>Jordin Burns - Minnetonka U14, will play at BSM (quick, tough and determined)<br><br>Madi Passingham - Albert Lea, 2nd year Varsity (quick, tall and fearless around the net)<br><br>Mary Grace Flescher - Rochester U14 (smooth skater, great passer)<br><br><br>Now for my 2 cents on some of the other players.<br>Lauren Barnes - good, but not THAT good<br>Talia Raiola - fast, but sometimes out of control<br>Maddy Marzario - tremendous skill and strength, doesn't always work hard (and she's still better than everyone else on the ice)<br>Catie Ladner - nice player, fast<br>Rose Alleva - top 5, easy<br>Dana Gallop - good, but not THAT good<br> <p></p><i></i>

traveler

Post by traveler » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:06 am

Gosh Dasher dud your obvious expertise in evaluating the talent across the state is really something. From Rochester to Grand Rapids you know them all. Your ability to assess that someone doesnt always work hard when they are on the ice leads me to believe you must be like Santa able to see hundreds of games and practices each and every day. Gosh Dasher Dud I think your good at evaluating 8th grade talent,<br>But not "THAT" good! <p></p><i></i>

dasherdude

Post by dasherdude » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:28 am

By no means am I an expert. It was just my 2 cents worth and nothing more on the players I've seen. It was just one person's opinion, based on one person's experience. I meant no disrespect, all of these athletes deserve credit for their dedication and accomplishments. <br>I'll be sure to keep my opinion to myself about anybody from Grand Rapids. <p></p><i></i>

PAMESH

Post by PAMESH » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:43 pm

Traveler it is not that hard to see all these girls when they all come together and play with and against each other in the summers. <p></p><i></i>

traveler

Post by traveler » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:07 pm

Ok here's the deal, I think that there is something inherently wrong with hanging any expectations good or bad on a kid in eighth grade publicly. I fully expected that the writers did see these players in the summer and fall and spring.That in and of it self is another issue far to controversial to get into.For the record I can find value in those programs but also counter productive aspects. But is it really in the best interest of any kid to turn on a computor and see in eighth grade what the hockey world evaluates them as. Some of these evaluations come from over zealous parents, other players etc. I assure you for every player mentioned on this board or any other board there are 10 more players left out of the comments that will replace many of these identified players. KIds mature differently,and at different rates I am not foolish enough to believe things will change because of my comments. Please see my 2015 allstar team thread, there are a few who see it as I do. <p></p><i></i>

SEhockeyDAD

evaluating kids

Post by SEhockeyDAD » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:37 pm

Traveler, you make some good points and many of us would do well to consider your words before speaking. BUT...<br>Consider the type of forum this is. It's very being is based on the sharing of information and opinions regarding the performance and talents of Minnesota's high school girls hockey teams, coaches and yes, individual players. The type of discussion that goes on this board is bandied about almost every single night at hockey rinks across the state. People (the players themselves included,) undoubtedly hear more about those comments made at the rink than they hear from this message board. Should the discussion at those rinks be limited only to scores, stats and recent games without any mention of potential future events? I don't think its possible, much less likely. <br><br>I, for one, simply wonder what the future brings, have thoughts of what could be, and openly ask about it and offer my opinions. I think that's part of the reason that we all spend time in this forum. I appreciate it when I know where to look for a good team and players, and I promise I won't tell anyone that they dissapointed me by not performing up to expectations. In fact, after every game, I congratulate every player I know, telling them they played a good game. I'll bet just about everybody in this forum does the same.<br><br>Besides, what you might call unfair expectations, I call a compliment. Positive reinforcement can be a good thing, yes?<br><br>On that subject, not only is Rochester's Mary Grace Flesher a great skater and passer, she's an outstanding finisher. A real scoring threat whenever she's on the ice. <p></p><i></i>