Cloquet Win! GRG vs. Bemidji Feedback?

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Slicker

Cloquet Win! GRG vs. Bemidji Feedback?

Post by Slicker »

Our Lumberjacks took care of business last night? Anyone see the Grand Rapids-Greenway vs. Bemidji game?
boblee

Re: Cloquet Win! GRG vs. Bemidji Feedback?

Post by boblee »

Slicker wrote:Our Lumberjacks took care of business last night? Anyone see the Grand Rapids-Greenway vs. Bemidji game?
Bemidji 3, GRG 1

I was not in attendance
bella01

Post by bella01 »

Bemidji took it to GRG for the first 5 minutes and hammann faced 8 scoring attempt. GRG got into gear after that and game was well matched throughout rest of first ending 0-0. second period GRG dominated... but bemidji scored with a 2x0 coming down on hammann. third period was pretty even... grg leading in shots but osborn coming up big for the win 3-1
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

It was not a pretty game to watch.
Bemidji was quicker.
Both teams could have played better.
GRG did not have alot of fire power.
Bemidji was the better team, but did not play very well as a team in this game.
GRG have a couple of young girls that will be real players before long.
GRG will have a tough time getting by Cloquet. Hopefully, they improve (especially offensively). Goaltending is good.
Sioux Rule

Silver Bay vs GRG

Post by Sioux Rule »

What's with Silver Bay beating GRG?
bella01

Post by bella01 »

ummm... GRG really took it to them... just had trouble puttin pumpin the twine
boblee

Post by boblee »

bella01 wrote:ummm... GRG really took it to them... just had trouble puttin pumpin the twine
Any idea who is in goal for GRG this weekend?
hockeyon

Silver Bay vs GRG

Post by hockeyon »

Bella01, were we both at the same game? Seems to me the penalties were in GRG favor most of the game. Silver Bay skated hard and played hard right along with GRG. The only difference was SB's goalie (Lexi) was on her game. The Bay has a good team with a great group of girls. Why can't you give them credit for what they earned.
bella01

Post by bella01 »

not that many penalties were called and don't take credit away from GRG for having a good power play. GRG substantially outshot Silver Bay and yes I agree that Silver Bay's goalie kept them in the game... pretty much winning it for them. However, I do believe that GRG was definately the better team
boblee

Post by boblee »

bella01 wrote:not that many penalties were called and don't take credit away from GRG for having a good power play. GRG substantially outshot Silver Bay and yes I agree that Silver Bay's goalie kept them in the game... pretty much winning it for them. However, I do believe that GRG was definately the better team
Silver Bay's goalie has played well the last 3 outings making a lot of saves in all three, so I will not argue that point. I wasn't at the games. I do have a feeling that right now the Lightning are ready to turn this thing around. Look for a big weekend for the Lightning.
boblee

Post by boblee »

Marina Guyer, maybe GRG's most consistent player this year, will be back this weekend.
hockeyon

SB vs GRG

Post by hockeyon »

Shots on net GRG-37/ SB-34