GRG vs Chisago and Cambridge

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

boblee

Post by boblee »

Media wrote:Your entitled to your opinion no matter how stupid it is LOL
It's not stupid. Focus on her throughout the course of an ENTIRE game. Watch her every second on the ice. That is how you will see it.
Media

Post by Media »

I changed to uninformed, I have traveled the US watching players and talking with D-1 women coaches for more years than I care to remember your opininion and the opinion of the top hockey people in the country do not match but hey maybe your right and they are wrong .
bella01

Post by bella01 »

... I have faith in ms erickson. she undoubtly is struggling which can be expected with the team atmosphere she has to deal with. once the lightning sort out their *drama* so will emily
boblee

Post by boblee »

Media wrote:I changed to uninformed, I have traveled the US watching players and talking with D-1 women coaches for more years than I care to remember your opininion and the opinion of the top hockey people in the country do not match but hey maybe your right and they are wrong .
I told you she is good, but plays one way. I remember a time when the Lightning were on the pp against st. cloud blades and she was trying to dangle in the zone for a bit...got up near the blue line...turned the puck over for a break away and she just stood there and laughed and the girl went down and scored...Emily never moved...i wanna hear what other people like bella01, GYTB, partagas, hawkyfan, and GRhawky think...
snapshot24

Post by snapshot24 »

i also think emily is a great player... however i agree that she doesn't play much defense. i also agree with Media that hammon is their goalie that can take them all the way...havel is the future but it's not the future yet
boblee

Post by boblee »

snapshot24 wrote:i also think emily is a great player... however i agree that she doesn't play much defense. i also agree with Media that hammon is their goalie that can take them all the way...havel is the future but it's not the future yet
I agree that Hammann is the go to tender.
snapshot24

Post by snapshot24 »

now if hammon can just get some Ws under her belt...
boblee

Post by boblee »

snapshot24 wrote:now if hammon can just get some Ws under her belt...
she will get one tomorrow night
hawkyfan

Post by hawkyfan »

boblee wrote:
Media wrote:I changed to uninformed, I have traveled the US watching players and talking with D-1 women coaches for more years than I care to remember your opininion and the opinion of the top hockey people in the country do not match but hey maybe your right and they are wrong .
I told you she is good, but plays one way. I remember a time when the Lightning were on the pp against st. cloud blades and she was trying to dangle in the zone for a bit...got up near the blue line...turned the puck over for a break away and she just stood there and laughed and the girl went down and scored...Emily never moved...i wanna hear what other people like bella01, GYTB, partagas, hawkyfan, and GRhawky think...
I have one word for Emily Erickson and that is AWESOME! Watching her is a total thrill when she is out there, BUT, I judge high school players by looking at their ice skills but more so their off ice skills and by that I mean I look at the total package that is walking into the arena and I will say Emily is a top notch kid! From the way she interacts with the younger girls in the youth program, to the respect she shows parents, to the positive attitude that she has. I believe in the high school world that speaks volumes for what kind of a player that kid is! She is a 'total' package player! Will I say she is the best player in this part of the state, no I won't because I have not seen every player! But I only hope this part of the state develops more Emily Ericksons, and if so, then we are some of the luckiest people in the state! I will also add, there are quite a few other players on this GRG team that I find pretty darn close to Emily in 'being the total package'! That's why I have stated before, the talent is outstanding on this team...lets get the team out there winning like we know they can!
boblee

Post by boblee »

hawkyfan...do we know the same Emily Erickson. Her attitude is her biggest downfall.
hawkyfan

Post by hawkyfan »

Sure is! This is what I've witnessed from interacting with her at different times!
boblee

Post by boblee »

Last edited by boblee on Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hawkyfan

Post by hawkyfan »

boblee wrote:She is like a manic depressive. She can score four goals and be PISSED. And her team can win a big game 5-3 and she will be mad. Don't get me wrong, she is a GREAT girl...but she needs to work on attitude...and on the ice, she needs to work on playing 2 ways. We all know she can put the rubber disc in the net.
Well maybe she has some personal issues with herself and how she herself is playing or played. I am speaking from what I see on the outside. Every player has something they need to work on, whether on or off the ice. And ya, she is a great girl and so are alot of the other girls on that team!
boblee

Post by boblee »

hawkyfan wrote: And ya, she is a great girl and so are alot of the other girls on that team!
Can't argue that.
hockeyofthenorth

Post by hockeyofthenorth »

now guys please don't discount my opinion for a lack of post history but... i speak from experience when I reiterate hawkyfans views, Emily IS a two way player... she NEVER gives up... and unless I'm way out of the loop, I don't remember the Lightning ever playing a St. Cloud team. Is she perfect? no, who is. What y'all need to remember is that you're dealing with girls. I mean that in no way to be demeaning but what many coaches and fans don't realize is that girls handle their emotions very differently from the guys. I know thats a little off topic but its something to remember when you see any girl player of any sport reacting a little wacky. that said, Emily is no different from any other girl, I'm sure she has her emotional ups and downs.... i have never seen it interfere with her game. She IS top notch.
Partagas

Post by Partagas »

Why is everyone so e excited and hammering the GRG team? It's early and they will find their game soon. It's a marathon not a sprint so everyone should relax and let them develope. This team gets some of the most negitive comments on the girls page.

They will find the right mix Media. If it the Sr goalie great or the younger one, great Who ever can stop the puck will play. Who ever can move the puck up will play. Who ever can put the puck in the net will play. this is the time of year to see who can best do the job and carry them through the section.

Media, you must be a parent becasue you see to have some strong opinions on the team.

They will be fine and everyone needs to sit back and see if they can put it together. If they can awsome. I think they will.
bella01

Post by bella01 »

I really don't think that emily could ever be classified as "manic depressive" that is such a horrible thing to say about someone as wonderful as emily. She cares about the team winning... it has never been to her how many goals she can score, she just wants the W. She is a great person and she gives a lot to her community... she shouldn't be judged as a prodigy as no high school kid should. she is humble and will probably forever remain one of my heros as she is a wonderful role model.
hawkyfan

Post by hawkyfan »

bella01 wrote: she is a wonderful role model.
EXACTLY!
boblee

Post by boblee »

bella01 wrote:I really don't think that emily could ever be classified as "manic depressive" that is such a horrible thing to say about someone as wonderful as emily. She cares about the team winning... it has never been to her how many goals she can score, she just wants the W. She is a great person and she gives a lot to her community... she shouldn't be judged as a prodigy as no high school kid should. she is humble and will probably forever remain one of my heros as she is a wonderful role model.
Ok, Robert was exaggerating when he said manic depressive, and she certainly is a great girl off the ice. But she does need to shore up play in the D end. As do many girls on many teams throughout the area. I am not singling her out, but since someone brought her up...she needs to work on backchecking and defensive zone play...but so does probably everyone on that team.
Bensonmum

Post by Bensonmum »

I don't have a dog in this fight, and I don't want to get in the middle of this 'family' affair. But I saw GRG twice (to be fair, it was their first two games of the season) and I had the feeling they were a team in disarray. One parent said there were too many of them who played volleyball and weren't on the ice at all this fall.
Against Roseville, I believe I did see one of the best players in the state on the ice--Erin Cody.
boblee

Post by boblee »

Bensonmum wrote:I don't have a dog in this fight, and I don't want to get in the middle of this 'family' affair. But I saw GRG twice (to be fair, it was their first two games of the season) and I had the feeling they were a team in disarray. One parent said there were too many of them who played volleyball and weren't on the ice at all this fall.
Against Roseville, I believe I did see one of the best players in the state on the ice--Erin Cody.
I think only one or two players play volleyball...but I could be wrong.
bella01

Post by bella01 »

i can only think of one player on the team that plays volleyball and that's hannah johnson. otherwise most of the girls on the team either did CODP, quickskills, or were at least at captain's practice...
bella01

Post by bella01 »

GRG WINS 5-0!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Media

a Nice effort

Post by Media »

Grand Rapids Greenway seemed to right the ship as it pounded the Chisago Lakes squad 5-0 Lightning goaltender Sara Hammann faced 21 shots for the win while Grand Rapids Launched 33 at the Chisago lakes goaltender. Emily Erickson , scored 2 Natalie Newton Molly Arolla Amanda Bilon all tallied for the lightning.
hockeyon

Post by hockeyon »

jebado7 wrote:Just Grand Rapids and Greenway make up GRG i think. I heard that when their sr. golie let in a bunch of goals in that jv game silver bay played their varsity 1st line in the third period and thatswhen they got all of there goals. Pretty poor way to win if you ask me.
Sorry Jebado You have it wrong Silver Bay did not play there 1st line varsity in any period against GRG's JV. Maybe you should get your facts straight before posting. :roll: