Grand Rapids/Greenway Lightning Thread

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

titleist

Post by titleist »

Roseville didn't play Bemidji. They played Mayo, Stillwater, and BSM
boblee

post 7730

Post by boblee »

That's a lack of thinking. I meant to say Stillwater, but the more I look back, maybe that game didn't have many penalties.
hockeywild7

Post by hockeywild7 »

Stillwater very seldom ran 4 lines except in 3rd periods at times. In every game I watched they always ran 3 lines, never went down to just 2 lines. That was one of their biggest strengths all season. The only time the 3rd line missed a shift was occassionally for a power play but it looked like the 3rd line was the main penalty killers. 1st liners where not used to kill penalties in most games.
boblee

post 7733

Post by boblee »

hockeywild7 wrote:Stillwater very seldom ran 4 lines except in 3rd periods at times. In every game I watched they always ran 3 lines, never went down to just 2 lines. That was one of their biggest strengths all season. The only time the 3rd line missed a shift was occassionally for a power play but it looked like the 3rd line was the main penalty killers. 1st liners where not used to kill penalties in most games.
I was saying that Roseville didn't run steadily against Stillwater.
titleist

Post by titleist »

Is Gunderson the real brains up there in GR land? I've heard that he's in charge of making the key decisions in who plays and when they play?
Media

Gundy exposed

Post by Media »

I have long expected this well kept secret would soon be unleashed upon the general public. Clearly he guided a huge upset employing the new Jersey trap at the SChwan cup a few years back. :D On a serious note Gundy brings both Knowlodge and compassion to the Lightning unit, and certainly is part of the glue that holds the unit together.
boblee

post 7813

Post by boblee »

titleist wrote:Is Gunderson the real brains up there in GR land? I've heard that he's in charge of making the key decisions in who plays and when they play?
The whole crew is needed for the machine to run. Rendle, Granley, Gunderson, and Newton.
titleist

Re: Gundy exposed

Post by titleist »

Media wrote:I have long expected this well kept secret would soon be unleashed upon the general public. Clearly he guided a huge upset employing the new Jersey trap at the SChwan cup a few years back. :D On a serious note Gundy brings both Knowlodge and compassion to the Lightning unit, and certainly is part of the glue that holds the unit together.
That's kind of what I thought. Is there any way we could get him down to the cities to share some of his secrets...even just for a summer? I mean our association would pay big bucks
Media

Post by Media »

There are just somethings in this world that money cant buy, Sad to say I doubt Gundy is one of them . :lol:
titleist

Post by titleist »

that is hilarious!! :D
boblee

post 8040

Post by boblee »

Good luck to Kayla Clafton, Heather Horgen, and Emily Erickson at Junior Fest.
#7hockey#7

Re: post 8040

Post by #7hockey#7 »

boblee wrote:Good luck to Kayla Clafton, Heather Horgen, and Emily Erickson at Junior Fest.
Kayla clafton...i havent seen her in a while or seen her play in a long time like the last time i sasw her play wwas like when she was 12 er something well i prob have but ya. how is she doing?
#7hockey#7

Re: post 7813

Post by #7hockey#7 »

boblee wrote:
titleist wrote:Is Gunderson the real brains up there in GR land? I've heard that he's in charge of making the key decisions in who plays and when they play?
The whole crew is needed for the machine to run. Rendle, Granley, Gunderson, and Newton.
NEWTON IS THE BEST COACH IN THE WORLD!
omg he is my savoir lol no but like serouisoly he is a great coach he really knows what he is talking about
pat rendle? is he still coaching?
i may be mistaken but i heard the girls dont like him very much but then again alot of girls dont like there coaches
#7hockey#7

Post by #7hockey#7 »

hockeywild7 wrote:Stillwater very seldom ran 4 lines except in 3rd periods at times. In every game I watched they always ran 3 lines, never went down to just 2 lines. That was one of their biggest strengths all season. The only time the 3rd line missed a shift was occassionally for a power play but it looked like the 3rd line was the main penalty killers. 1st liners where not used to kill penalties in most games.
tony scheid another great coach always knows what hes doing
when they had chelsey jones he mainly ran two lines and every once in a while he would play the third line but, now that they dont have chelsey things have changed obviosly lol well that was then.
he plays people who work hard every time they step on the ice. you can be able to see the ice reall well and be a solid player and he will sit you if you go out and take a shift off, if you dont work hard but thats how it should be. i think
boblee

post 8088

Post by boblee »

Kayla is a great hockey player.

Pat Rendle is a great coach.

Anything else you need answered?
hawkyfan

Re: post 8088

Post by hawkyfan »

boblee wrote:Kayla is a great hockey player.

Pat Rendle is a great coach.

Anything else you need answered?
You are absolutley right on both counts!
boblee

post 8135

Post by boblee »

Grand Rapids/Greenway will host an STP Tournament July 20-22 at the IRA Civic Center in Grand Rapids.
Cowboy1

Post by Cowboy1 »

Boblee don't the girls have their own website, since the URL you post only leads to the boys team and information about the boys. It would have been nice to have a rundown for the girls tournament this weekend instead of the results from the boys tournament last weekend.
boblee

post 8136

Post by boblee »

Cowboy1 wrote:Boblee don't the girls have their own website, since the URL you post only leads to the boys team and information about the boys. It would have been nice to have a rundown for the girls tournament this weekend instead of the results from the boys tournament last weekend.
That link is just my signature. The girls site is poorly upkept and will likely have nothing about the tournament this weekend. I am a webmaster of the boys site, that is why it is in my signature every post, but here is the girls link. I'm sure you won't find anything...

http://www.greenway.k12.mn.us/GHS/Activ ... /index.htm
SportsMa

Post by SportsMa »

Boblee~ you should be the webmaster for the girls, too.

Do you happen to know who is attending?
BluelineD19

Post by BluelineD19 »

Edina is bringing up two teams of equal talent ranging from former U14's to returning varsity girls. Hibbing, Cloquet, and one or two AAA teams are also going up.
OntheEdge

Post by OntheEdge »

SportsMa wrote:Boblee~ you should be the webmaster for the girls, too.

The teams in the tournament are:

Lightning
Edina (Green)
Cloquet
Wild AAA (DeBruzzi)
Edina (Gold)
Wild AAA (Schmid)
Hibbing
Wildcats
SportsMa

Post by SportsMa »

Thanks. Would be interested in reading updates during or after the tourney.
boblee

post 8137

Post by boblee »

SportsMa wrote:Boblee~ you should be the webmaster for the girls, too.

I have been interested in that, but as of right now, it isn't happening.
SportsMa

Grand Rapid Tournament ?

Post by SportsMa »

"The teams in the tournament are:

Lightning
Edina (Green)
Cloquet
Wild AAA (DeBruzzi)
Edina (Gold)
Wild AAA (Schmid)
Hibbing
Wildcats"